What can you do about arthritis?

i have a language question: is arthritis and arthrosis the same for you english speakers?
in germany arthritis is the inflammation and arthrosis is only the structural damage of the cartillage.

i can't remember reading (osteo)arthrosis anywhere in english or american texts/posts. everybody is talking about arthritis.

how do you use the terms?

what are you eating nowadays after the beginnng stage? this diet is hard.

the version i found has also no eggs, no nuts, no seeds, no solanum veggies...

you eat just fruit, veggies, meat, fish?

So after the elimination phase I've slowly added back nuts of all kinds, some seeds, eggs, rice, peppers/tomatoes occasionally, potatoes occasionally, and vary rarely do I put any type of dairy into my body. I rarely treat myself to some mexican food and so that usually has some corn or beans in it but neither of those are staples in my diet eating, so a meal like that once a month hasn't caused a flare. If I eat at a restaurant I look for something simple like a steak with a side of veggies. If there's butter on either of them I don't get too stressed about it.

I still stay away from heavily processed food, gluten, industrial cooking oils like canola/rapeseed/cotton seed/sunflower/saffleflower/rice bran oil, oats, other various grains, grapefruit(potential interaction with my meds), peanuts, refined sugar, and soy.

So yes, lots of veggies, lots of fruit, lots of meat, fish, eggs, and some nuts make up the bulk of my diet. I supplement with Type II collagen which has shown to really modulate the inflammatory response your body has to arthritis and can halt osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in it's tracks.

i have a language question: is arthritis and arthrosis the same for you english speakers?
in germany arthritis is the inflammation and arthrosis is only the structural damage of the cartillage.

i can't remember reading (osteo)arthrosis anywhere in english or american texts/posts. everybody is talking about arthritis.

how do you use the terms?

So arthrosis is typically another term for osteoarthritis here in the states, however most just call it osteoarthritis if that's what is meant. Arthritis is a general umbrella term used here that many types of joint inflammation falls under. Septic arthritis, OA, RA, psoriatic arthritis, reactive arthritis.....all fit under a general description of arthritis but most people have no problem using the specific term that affects them. In arthritis the damage done to the cartilage/bone almost always has a component of inflammation with it so the term can be used interchangeably to describe both.

So after the elimination phase I've slowly added back nuts of all kinds, some seeds, eggs, rice, peppers/tomatoes occasionally, potatoes occasionally, and vary rarely do I put any type of dairy into my body. I rarely treat myself to some mexican food and so that usually has some corn or beans in it but neither of those are staples in my diet eating, so a meal like that once a month hasn't caused a flare. If I eat at a restaurant I look for something simple like a steak with a side of veggies. If there's butter on either of them I don't get too stressed about it.

I still stay away from heavily processed food, gluten, industrial cooking oils like canola/rapeseed/cotton seed/sunflower/saffleflower/rice bran oil, oats, other various grains, grapefruit(potential interaction with my meds), peanuts, refined sugar, and soy.

So yes, lots of veggies, lots of fruit, lots of meat, fish, eggs, and some nuts make up the bulk of my diet. I supplement with Type II collagen which has shown to really modulate the inflammatory response your body has to arthritis and can halt osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in it's tracks.

So arthrosis is typically another term for osteoarthritis here in the states, however most just call it osteoarthritis if that's what is meant. Arthritis is a general umbrella term used here that many types of joint inflammation falls under. Septic arthritis, OA, RA, psoriatic arthritis, reactive arthritis.....all fit under a general description of arthritis but most people have no problem using the specific term that affects them. In arthritis the damage done to the cartilage/bone almost always has a component of inflammation with it so the term can be used interchangeably to describe both.

thank you very much for your answer.
much appreciated.

I've heard taking cold showers, or swimming in cold water, can reduce the inflammation by causing the body to circulate blood faster, to keep you warm. It can also release some nice mood lifting endorphins if you can bare a cold shower for a few minuets.

Its also good for your hair and skin because unlike hot water it doesn't dry out your natural oils. I hope i didn't veer too much off-course lol.

I was crippled by my psoriatic arthritis. Only thing that worked was autoimmune protocol diet. Now I can pretty much eat anything I want as long as I stay away from gluten and too many legumes.

Try Stron by Onit and get some Norwegian Fish Oil not the cheap stuff. Change your diet

I didn't read every reply, but have you looked into Tumeric/curcumin? I don't personally take it but a lot of people swear by that stuff. I have RA and I just take Osteo BiFlex for my aching joints...condroitin/MSM/glucosamine... def takes the edge off after it builds up in your system. Doctor wanted me on Meloxicam.. but I don't dig constantly ingesting nsaids day after day.

I didn't read every reply, but have you looked into Tumeric/curcumin? I don't personally take it but a lot of people swear by that stuff. I have RA and I just take Osteo BiFlex for my aching joints...condroitin/MSM/glucosamine... def takes the edge off after it builds up in your system. Doctor wanted me on Meloxicam.. but I don't dig constantly ingesting nsaids day after day.

You need to read my posts earlier in the thread.

Also this thread, http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/anybody-training-despite-an-illness-condition.3640975/

I did .. u sound much more advanced in the RA than I. I've never noticed any joint swelling... just pain... I'm sure the swelling is around the corner lol.. I completely agree with the collagen II and the glutamine and zma you mentioned in the other thread.. collagen has def taken the edge off my neck pain(at least I think it has). no way in hell being an Italian living on Long Island I'm going paleo though!! Good suggestions all around .. cheers

Back