What did Frank Shamrock do that Ken Shamrock didn't?

Only to hardcore unfortunately UFCblackballed him and most of their fans have no idea what he did so what legacy ?

It is truly nauseating to see these constant reiterations of the "greatest 100 UFC fights in all of history" with Frank constantly omitted. Not even Randy endures that focused wrath.

Both guys lost their legs but at different points in their career. Frank built his striking game before his legs were gone, Ken fought a lot after he couldn't wrestle as wewl, and tried to box with guys, not to mention he was old as hell.

Ken ruined his body in WWF, and abused steroids. Frank mentioned this in an interview and said Ken's problem was he lost his psyche without roids. A pre WWF Ken, healthy and young, was almost superhumanly strong and unstoppable onothe ground according Mikey Burnett.

I think Ken's ego inflated and he stopped working on his game, got used to easily grappling the shit out of people in Pancrase. While Frank brought one or the first true well rounded game plans to MMA with insane cardio.

Frank also got his ass seriously kicked by prime Ken at the Lion's Den, so in a way, Ken made Frank what he was.

absolutely, in regards to ken teaching frank many, many things. here is the ending to the very powerful bound by blood documentary, that gives you a peek into the life of frank, and how much of an influence ken was to him. skip to 37:00 for the scene i'm describing:

It is truly nauseating to see these constant reiterations of the "greatest 100 UFC fights in all of history" with Frank constantly omitted. Not even Randy endures that focused wrath.
Yeah it's pathetic Dana acting childish and not showing any respect for what he did
Frank Tito was top 10 easily

absolutely, in regards to ken teaching frank many, many things. here is the ending to the very powerful bound by blood documentary, that gives you a peek into the life of frank, and how much of an influence ken was to him. skip to 37:00 for the scene i'm describing:

You can see he looks up to ken a lot

Frank was well rounded and had better cardio. He also fought in his prime. Frank was one of the first guys that was good at more than just one martial art, ken was from the style vs style days. Ken wasn't well rounded and he wasted his prime.

Frank is a douche but he should hands down be in the ufc HOF. Of course, thats assuming the HOF had any integrity.

Anybody know what level Ken wrestled at? I know/didn’t believe that he wrestled in college at all... But I swear I remembered an interview with Frank where me mentioned Ken was invited to some type of high level/national/pan-am/some type of wrestling team/competition...

It may have been bc of his “fame status”... but was always curious..

Thx for any info..

Anybody know what level Ken wrestled at? I know/didn’t believe that he wrestled in college at all... But I swear I remembered an interview with Frank where me mentioned Ken was invited to some type of high level/national/pan-am/some type of wrestling team/competition...

It may have been bc of his “fame status”... but was always curious..

Thx for any info..
Nothing he did compete at 88 Olympic wrestling try outs though
He's like gsp great mma wrestler who out wrestled credible wrestlers
Ken - suzuki fujita Severn
Gsp - Hughes kos

A while back someone made a thread about how these days you don't see a whole lot of vicious ground pound finishes perhaps like back in the day, then it got me thinking.

When it comes to Ortiz vs Shamrock, most of you know how it ended, and it just puzzles me that Ken Shamrock is probably a better, stronger, less well rounded version of Lion's den product, but Ken Shamrock got his shit pushed in with Ortiz on top of him GNP, but Frank Shamrock didn't really get much damage.

If you watch the fight, it doesn't look like there's anything really different that they do...

Sherdog Holmes, get your little grey cells working

frank didn't lose to kimbo.

Frank was on a whole another level than ken ken was just buff and well rounded at the time a prime frank today woulda fucked this division up except jj he cant be beaten

He had terrible TDD and would get ragdolled and TKO'd by the elite LHW's of today. He was not a true LHW, despite the success he enjoyed. He'd be fighting at 185 today. At MW, in his prime, I'd be interested to see how he'd fare. Very interested.

First hw champ in UFC and hw champ in pancrase
you crazy ? He was best guy and would have ruled 96 97/8 if he didn't leave for WWF
You're right on selling him self. Good and funny talker
He has never been the UFC HW champ, just the made up superfight champ. And IF doesn't count in mma... Hyped and destroyed later on by Tito

I think people forget Ken was in the WWF for only 3 years. I don’t think he did as much damage to his body as people are saying.

When thinking of Frank Shamrock I always remind the georgeous, epic combo by Yuki Kondo that sent Frank koed out of the ring.
Kondo was such a badass, pretty underrated fighter.

He had terrible TDD and would get ragdolled and TKO'd by the elite LHW's of today. He was not a true LHW, despite the success he enjoyed. He'd be fighting at 185 today. At MW, in his prime, I'd be interested to see how he'd fare. Very interested.

I think he would get outclassed by the very elite MWs today but he could make it competitive against average competition even in modern UFC.

Frank > Ken in pretty much every way.

In the UFC alone.

Ken has two draws... 7-6-2 record

Frank, 5-0

Crosstrainning
Beating better competition
Actually winning his fights ?

A while back someone made a thread about how these days you don't see a whole lot of vicious ground pound finishes perhaps like back in the day, then it got me thinking.

When it comes to Ortiz vs Shamrock, most of you know how it ended, and it just puzzles me that Ken Shamrock is probably a better, stronger, less well rounded version of Lion's den product, but Ken Shamrock got his shit pushed in with Ortiz on top of him GNP, but Frank Shamrock didn't really get much damage.

If you watch the fight, it doesn't look like there's anything really different that they do...

Sherdog Holmes, get your little grey cells working
besides Ken being pretty far past it when they fought and Frank fighting a fairly green Tito Frank is just the better overall fighter. When Frank fought Tito that was Frank at his best in his prime and Tito being n00bish. When Ken had his first fight with Tito that was Ken after the WWE stint where the sport past him by and the next two fights was ones that shouldn't have happened.

Back