What did you think about the Warcraft movie?

JAEGERX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This movie was hard to rate imo, its great finally seeing the characters you know come into being for the movie, but i just have to point out some things; the main plot point is good but it just follows too many characters, the CGI is awesome but Blizzard always delivers on that one so you could expect it, the fucking armors that look like halloween costumes made of plastic bothered me too much for some reason.

I did not like the portrayal of the Human footman warriors, the seemed so weak and puny, when i the lore or whatever they are tought fighters that can go one on one with an orc warrior

e6e3e832968e2a6977fd61d4c93810e7.jpg

Also the orcs were portrayed almost as some noble tribe that has an honour system and that is some horseshit if i ever seen one, the only orc than acts like an orc is Gul'dan imo.

I think they should have had a better script and focused on one character, well idk maybe 2, Lothar and the wizard but leave it at that, what did you guys thought of this movie?

I quit after 20 minutes or so.

Never played the game so i don't have any attachment to it, but i thought the movie was fine for what it was. I wouldn't of minded spending 8 bucks on a lazy Sunday afternoon checking it out.

It was decent for the lore. Not completely accurate, but still pretty good. Especially with locations. If you played WoW you'd probably get something out of it.

Expected more, something darker. Chris Nolan would've rocked it.

I never played WoW, nor do I know anything about it.

As an unbiased opinion, the movie was pretty meh. I'd elaborate, but there's not much to elaborate on. It felt pretty bland and unmemorable.

Awful. The computer game is much better. And not that world of Warcraft either, the original with the frozen throne expansion pack

Never seen it and don't plan on it either.

It was better than I expected, but not great. Would watch a sequel.

Im halfway done. Its good but forgot to watch the rest. Good cgi and script. the green gurl is smokin...
Fyi i know nothing about warcraft universe but this caught my eye while i was channel flipping

The human parts were cheesy and dumb. The orc portions were better, but it was distracting switching between the CGI fest and the weird cartoony human side. Would have been better to just do a full cgi orc movie.

Didn't watch it.

Did they have to sit on A giant pigeon for 30mins every time they needed to change locations?

I wanted it to be good, but it really wasn't. Like you mentioned, they retconned the orcs a shit-ton from the original RTS games, was not happy with that. The casting sucked pretty hard too. The only decent human character was Lothar. The dude playing Khadgar was shit, Medivh was disappointing, and King Llane the worst of all.

I thought it was ok. I don't remember a thing about it which isn't a great sign, but I didn't leave the cinema in tears or anything like that

Maybe it's because I watched that garbage Guy Richie King Arthur immediately before it, but I didn't think the Warcraft movie was that bad. Certainly not great by any means, but I expected much worse. I thought it was better than that Assassin's Creed movie which I watched more recently.

Excellent !

Can't wait for the Starcraft movie where Protoss get in bed with progressives Zerg.

Back