What difficulty do you play on?

What Difficulty do you play on

• Total voters

JaviBrewski

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Saw this question asked on Reddit and figured I'd ask here.

I don't have much time to play games these days so I normally play on the easiest difficulty to enjoy the story.

I play on hard difficulties unless it turns your enemies into pointless hit point sinks. If it makes the game genuinely more fun and difficult I am all for it.

Hard should be called tryhard. Nobody cares and it mostly just makes the enemies take more hits.

I play on hard difficulties unless it turns your enemies into pointless hit point sinks. If it makes the game genuinely more fun and difficult I am all for it.
Yeah, this.

It's very game dependent. I get too bored sometimes and hard can be a nice challenge that keeps my attention. Make them damage sponges and it just becomes boring.

Anything less than the max difficulty then you can get outta my face

tenor.gif

I start on default when first getting into a game.

I gradually increase the difficulty.

I can't play Dragon Age on anything less than Nightmare or Skyrim on anything less than Master.

Medium difficulty is how games are usually designed to be played on, like the devs envisioned.

I like games where there is no difficulty though, because then I know the game is well designed via testing to ensure the best experience. Probably why the DS games, BB etc are some of my favorite games.

I also like games with dynamic difficulty too, so if youre bossing the game, the enemies scale to your level, or if your shitty, the enemies also scale etc.

Depends on the type of game. Most games I start on normal and bump the difficulty as I get used to it.

Medium difficulty is how games are usually designed to be played on, like the devs envisioned.

I like games where there is no difficulty though, because then I know the game is well designed via testing to ensure the best experience. Probably why the DS games, BB etc are some of my favorite games.

I also like games with dynamic difficulty too, so if youre bossing the game, the enemies scale to your level, or if your shitty, the enemies also scale etc.

For me higher difficulties are because I show no mercy in trying to break the game. I am just wired to try and min-max the best combos are setups in a game and instead of trying to hold myself to made up rules to keep the game fun I just crank up the difficulty and let the cheese flow.

For me higher difficulties are because I show no mercy in trying to break the game. I am just wired to try and min-max the best combos are setups in a game and instead of trying to hold myself to made up rules to keep the game fun I just crank up the difficulty and let the cheese flow.
I get it, challenge is the core of video games. Im concerned with trying to get the best experience out of a game. If that means playing at the hardest difficulty, so be it.

Games like doom, you just crank that shit up and rip and tear.

Easy. I don't get a lot of time to play so I don't want to spend it trying to beat the same part over and over plus I suck so even on easy I have problems

I think the biggest barrier for me isn't if I lower the difficulty but if I finally break down and go to the wiki or not. Some games are only truely great when the magic is there and once you wiki them it will all come down.

totally depends. i generally start on normal. if i like the game, i'll usually change it to hard or restart it in hard.

I like games where there is no difficulty though, because then I know the game is well designed via testing to ensure the best experience.

WAT

or the devs were just lazy. most games seem to have no difficulty setting. most games are also far too easy, imo.

totally depends. i generally start on normal. if i like the game, i'll usually change it to hard or restart it in hard.

WAT

or the devs were just lazy. most games seem to have no difficulty setting. most games are also far too easy, imo.

I agree, most games are too easy, for some people. But the normal/medium setting should be how the devs envisioned the experience. It should play like how they want the audience to experience.

Im a fan of DS/BB etc, no difficulty setting and are amazingly designed games for the most part. Games with no difficulty and dynamic scaling should be what devs should work towards, with NG+ always being a much tougher experience but still have dynamic scaling imo.

i'd be ok with ds/bb difficulty being the norm, but most games are obviously much easier than that. even most genres that were known for being difficult/complex got pretty dumbed-down and easy. ie: arpgs

Hard most of the time, sometimes if i just want to get through a game quickly i'll play on normal.

I play on normal. I don't want to be frustrated by a video game.

For me, the fun of single player is getting through the story. If I want a harder challenge, I do multiplayer.

I put hardest, but I think it depends on the game. Some games like say, Civilization V, Chieftian is considered "normal", I play on Emperor... which is 4 difficulty settings higher than normal, but there are two higher still.

For FPS games, I will play on the hardest or second hardest setting, depending on the prevalence of bullshit like bullet sponges or checkpoint shenanigans.

Back