What do you carry for protection on a night out?

Running shoes, cellphone, empty wallet, no jewelry, non-flashy non-metrosexual clothing.
Think about where you're going before you carry weapons - are you allowed to carry weapons into a bar or parties? Are you really going to dance with a weapon in your pocket? God forbid, are you really going to DRINK with a weapon on your person? Can you explain (and get away with) having a weapon if a policemen searches you? These are things I think about when I go out, especially since I live in Texas - alcohol, guns, trigger happy policemen.

damn right!

Nothing. I have guns but even if someone broke in I think I would reluctant to use them let alone carry something around. I have a nice piece of heavy gauge (the diameter of your thumb) copper cable that is my goto weapon for home defense

i am jackie chan, i can use my surroundings to my own advantage..

I don't really get any challengers, I'm a pretty big guy to just go and fuck with (not fat). I have in the past, but I don't put myself out there to be in that situation. Like going to a club. It's no interest of mine and I'd kick the shit out of some guy for grabbing on my fiancee. So, it's obviously best to stay away from something like that.

Choice of words works best. I've been really close to getting into several fights over retarded things. I explain to them that it's stupid and why, but if they want it, come get it. Most typically realize, yes, it is quite moronic to fight over something stupid, and intelligently walk away. Though some were not as smart. Others are there just to intimidate. They'll talk all the shit they want. They may even get up in your face to see if you're man enough. Unfortunately for them, they find out that I don't talk much and I will gladly hit you for invading my personal bubble.

If it comes down to it, I don't back down. I'll tell you to fuck off, and show you that I don't take you seriously by walking away. I don't mind a little confrontation though if you're adamant. I'll definitely kick the shit out of you, if you really want it. :wink:

BTW, all that "let them swing first" bullshit, is absolutely retarded. That's how many people get caught off guard and end up in the hospital. Wait for them to "pose" a threat to you (legal purposes) and then tee off on their face. Never underestimate your opponent. Chances are, that's what they are doing to you. Utilize it and break them in half. :icon_chee

Keys work well. Especially if you have a bunch of metal key chains at one end. Perfect for throwing if you get in trouble and they aren't considered weapons.

Someone can pull a knife and cover 21 feet and deliver an effective stab in the time it takes to unholster a weapon. This is from an open holster so I would say at least 30 feet from a conceiled holster. I am all for carrying a weapon, but avoiding bad situations is better than going into them and thinking you can shoot your way out of them. If you are gonna carry something, get all of your certifications/permits, don't drink alcohol (possession of firearm while intoxicated can be a felony depending on where you live) and never pull iout the weapon unless you have to use it.

fists.gif

or

running_shoes.jpg

well its kind of funny i guess but, i do carry a pistol (with a permit) if i'm out and about like shopping, dinner, then a movie or whatever. the funny thing is that i never carry it unless my wife and my son are with me. Indianapolis is known for "out of the blue muggings and attacks" so when they're with me i always have it. when it's me and the buddies or my brothers i most always don't take it. i guess it depends on where i'm goin.

i got a permit to carry a gun when i turned 18 because, ya know, it was so F'n cool. : ) but, one day a few years later i was really glad that i had it.

i was setting on the couch at a buddies house that i had been friends with since friggin kindergarden and we were watching girls gone wild. all of a sudden the door gets kicked once, then again, and then the glass broke from a single gunshot. after the 1st kick my "friend" and his girlfriend were already running to the back of the house. after the glass broke i ran to the back.

once we were in his bedroom in the rear of the house< i pulled my pistol, cocked it and looked to make sure one was chambered. this only took maybe a few seconds and in that time, Dave(my "friend") and his girl were out of site. i later found out that they got in the closet and covered themselves up with clothes. yeah, i know. in the meantime, i thought of how to get out because the rear door and spare bedroom windows were closed off with brackets and 2x6's.

so, i procede down the hall and peak around the corner to have a peak towards the front of the house and maybe see what the .... is goin on. no sooner than the first hair on my head was visible from around the corner, seven 9mm shots rang out right in a row. of course i ducked back behind the pillar at the corner of the hall. i watched as the paneling splintered from bullets hitting it and cld hear whistling from the bullets. after the shots stopped i peaked around the corner instantly eyeballing my nightsights and quickly fired three rounds towards the front of the house.

i then, in a panic state, dismantled the barricade on the window in a spare bedroom that was off of the hall i was in and jumped out the window. i ran to my car and flew home only to return and discuss it with the police.

needless to say i havent talked to my "friend" in 6 years and really don't plan on it. i didnt get in any trouble because i had a permit and from that point on i almost always carried my pistol.

Damn guys, sorry that was so long.

Walther PPK/S .380 ACP. Small and easy to conceal, strong enough load to stop most creatures in the night.

I carry this Spyderco Lava everyday...its got a small 1.5 inch blade. I use it for utility but it could do some damage in a desperate situation.

110p.jpg

I carry this 16 inch ASP after work at the club:

21E567J2GWL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

In almost five years of bouncing I have never had to use the ASP on anyone but its good to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I'd always prefer to use my hands, knees, elbows, feet first but I understand they ll only take you so far.

To bad I can't carry a pistol.

Cell phone, pocket maglite that serves as both a blinding tool and a hand bar. I'm 250 pounds with KO power in both hands. And the ability to sprint under fire like a running back, which has served me better than the punching when used with the cellphone.

We just get the skinny wannabe gangbangers that have no fight ability other than 7-on-1 so seeing a swarm coming and bailing out from being cornered is the best tactic.

I never want to be jumped in a dark alley, and/or stabbed to death, so I carry a knife with me usually. Being a "cage fighter" means shit when three guys have you cornered with weapons....and I've also been robbed at gunpoint 3 times.

Back