What do you hate about the left and the right?

Real evangelicals don’t drink or dance or do anything fun.

And none of those chicks are hot

The right is primarily filled with racist cultural appropriators.

So judgmental! I thought a few were hot.

It's all about having a good time!

Right - delusional about situations
Left - delusional about solutions

Left - Moral Confusion on Islam
Newfound obsession of denying genetics

Right - Corporate owned
Long standing denial of science
Works to make America a theocracy
Pushing of trickle down economics
The practice of gerrymandering
Obsession over unfettered access to weapons
Obstinate on abortion
Backwards towards women
Backwards towards minorities
Support for authoritarian actions

Left - complete lack of solidarity or agenda
Right - massive deficits and trickle down economics

Right - the anti-environment, anti-social and healthcare, anti-abortion, and the racism, sexism and homophobia of a lot of the voter base. Don't care about poor people. (we don't have that much evangelical type people in Western Europe).

Left - transactivism and gender theory, pro unvetted mass migration stance (in the EU at least), probably some more but can't think of any. It's not not that leftists can't be racist, sexist and homophobic but it doesn't seem to be a defining thing.

Left - their constant insistence on total unrelatability, and inability to work together to achieve incremental progress. ''Call out culture.'' ''it's not my job to educate you.'' An abdication of left intellectuals' responsibility to engage with, listen to, and persuade the public.

Right - their...politics and policies mostly? The outrage culture and with it a reliance on and unwillingness to fact check absurd fake news stories/outlets. The two-faced pussy-footing: ''i don't want to say what I really think because then I'll get banned.'' ''I just want to have an honest conversation.'' The self-aggrandizing delusion that they're facing/fighting the death of western civilization. edit: oh, and everything is always the left's fault, including the politics of the far right.

Left=
identity politics
Identity politics
Identity politics
Identity politics

Current wave of :
Harassment for everyone
Lack of free speech understanding
Denial of Muslim /sharia atrocities
Women are oppressed
Blacks are oppressed
Mexicans are oppressed
Trans oppressed
Disabled are oppressed
Gays are oppressed
Fat people are oppressed

Everyone’s oppressed and the wthite male is the god damn devil.

Right=
Religious bullshit pandering,attack on xmas ,acting like good moral people but having affairs and closeted homosexuality...
Nothing against homosexuality but I hate hypocrites.

Anti workers rights,anti union.

Pro corporate welfare
Pro military industrial complex
Pro prison for profit
Ass backwards drug laws

What both have in common.

Victims,there all fucking victims
<PlusJuan>

Also the third option would just end up becoming as corrupted as the left and right currently are and then we would be asking for a fourth and on and on.

In 2018?

Right:
-they will promote any bullshit to win votes
-they will defend any bullshit to keep power
-they will lie or omit to build a truth that fit theyr story
-they will take "hard decisions" but they're never the one to pay the price
-they turn peoples into hypocrites that pretend to don't see the bad theyr party do
-they don't care if they ruin the standard of living of low/medium-low income part of the population
-they say to give actual fucks about women's safety, but they dont
-they pretend to not be racist, but they actually are
-they directly or indirectly instigate hate and division between citiziens
-they often are a living distortion of the values they're supposed to represent
-they create a society where honest peoples are not the first priority

Left:
-they will promote any bullshit to win votes
-they will defend any bullshit to keep power
-they will lie or omit to build a truth that fit theyr story
-they will take "hard decisions" but they're never the one to pay the price
-they turn peoples into hypocrites that pretend to don't see the bad theyr party do
-they don't care if they ruin the standard of living of low/medium-low income part of the population
-they say to give actual fucks about women's safety, but they dont
-they pretend to not be racist, but they actually are
-they directly or indirectly instigate hate and division between citiziens
-they often are a living distortion of the values they're supposed to represent
-they create a society where honest peoples are not the first priority

I hate both Dems and Republicans. I'm independent for a reason, both parties are corrupt.

Left = I hate their transgender obsession. They cancelled a dad/daughter dance. Can you fucking believe how sick they are? http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/...e-because-gender-guidelinesnyc-school-cancels

Right = bought by the NRA and their dumb religion obsssion.

We need a third option!!!

You?
I'm with you on both.

What's funny to me: Reps bark about our freedoms, but seem to want to find ways to limit our freedoms. And yes, the religious obsession. They've cynically played the religious right for their votes, promising to end abortion. Single-issue suckers always line up to get played.

Dems, for all their faults, at least want to extend freedoms and social rights; I'm not into this SJW shit but its spirit is fine, inclusiveness.

The GOP lost me because it stopped being the party of fiscal responsibility. Now they spend as freely as Dems and don't even pretend it's their thing anymore, they're not even trying to coast on the fumes of the brand.

Right - the anti-environment, anti-social and healthcare, anti-abortion, and the racism, sexism and homophobia of a lot of the voter base. Don't care about poor people. (we don't have that much evangelical type people in Western Europe).

Left - transactivism and gender theory, pro unvetted mass migration stance (in the EU at least), probably some more but can't think of any. It's not not that leftists can't be racist, sexist and homophobic but it doesn't seem to be a defining thing.

The left is obsessed with race and gender. They insist on defining people solely on these things and not who they are as an individual.

Um.... you sure about that?

I could pull up the total contributions of the NRA to Republicans for the last 20 years.... and compare that to total contributions that unions have made to Democrats for the last 20 years.

But, guess which one completely dwarfs the other? And its not even close.

NRA makes contributions to Democrats too, FYI.
I’ll take contributions to workers rights over nra anyday.

The left is obsessed with race and gender. They insist on defining people solely on these things and not who they are as an individual.
Well, treating people poorly and othering them... wouldn't you say it's wrong to do these things to good people who have no ill will towards you?

Left: Everything (although to be fair, some of them are well-intentioned)

Right: Boring and bourgeois

Well, treating people poorly and othering them... wouldn't you say it's wrong to do these things to good people who have no ill will towards you?

Absolutely.

I'm decent to everyone until they give me a reason to not be decent. It's a simple philosophy and works wonders. I don't carry preconceived notions around. I've been wrong too many times and learned not to.

During a protest by the Westboro weirdos at a Cardinal's game during Pride Night... I had 2 trans people come thank me for keeping the peace and allowing their voices to be heard over the Westboro assholes and the usual Antifa type anti police geeks that show up. Ironically, they too dislike the anti police dildos that show up to taunt and antagonize us.

I’ll take contributions to workers rights over nra anyday.

Yes, workers rights, like being forced against your will to be a member of a union and have a portion of your pay be extracted because you work in a certain trade in a particular state.

Good thing the US Constitution specifically addresses workers rights as being more important than gun rights.

I hate the left vs right paradigm, it reduces politics to a team sports mentality.

You don't think the right is "obsessed" with race? Please.

You don't think the right is "obsessed" with race? Please.
We should take a look at who starts the negatively framed "OMG people with dark skin blah blah blah!" threads.
I've a feeling we're looking at a 100% ratio .

Aligning with any political party is bizarre to me. A party is a country club membership. Just because you watch the show and vote (no different than american idol) doesn't mean you are a member.

Back