what do you mean I can't knee-bahhh???

Wow. I thought he was going to get dragged off into the bleachers by five of the guy's friends. So you didn't see the rules, just get over it. Seems like another guy only in it to win it rather than take part.

I know this guy. We used to train at the same gym. He's a decent person regardless of his behavior in this video. I'm not condoning his behavior but there's a good thread which he responds to on the underground about this incident that explains most of it. Just wish I could find the thread....

Found it!

how did he get thrown "literally" 4ft off the mat while in an ahm bah?

Wow. I wonder how many people read the thread title and screamed "OLD!"

i did.

i remember that douche from way back. i love how he justifies going for a move that's banned with "i come from an hour away". i suppose if you drove for 12 hours we should let you punch everyone in the face, too.

it sucks you got DQ'd because you didn't know it, but it's your own dumbass fault.

The lessons to be learned here:

1. Know the rules to the competition before you get on the mat.

2. Acting like an ass in public is a bad idea, even if you're right.

3. Everything is funnier with a Boston accent.

I found it pretty funny. too bad the camera work sucked towards the end though.

^ agreed. all i know is that was some stellar camera work. i felt like it was snuck into a CIA/FBI facility and he was scared he was going to be busted.

^ agreed. all i know is that was some stellar camera work. i felt like it was snuck into a CIA/FBI facility and he was scared he was going to be busted.

well he didnt want the rager to see him filming him... i mean he might have got knee- bahhhed.

This happened to me before, but I didn't go crazy.
All I said was "you can't knee bar? That's ass."
I got dq'ed

I had a ref call me on a knee bar except he was fucking wrong.

The upside down camera made me feel sick!

I saw it back when and enjoyed the encore. Like when "Repo Man" comes on cable.

guy is a clown. he did try to crank it after the ref told him to stop, not cool. not sure i would remain as calm as others if i saw somebody do that to me or a teammate so deliberately.

Yeah, that was scary looking when he cranked it. But in his defense, like others said, he DID travel an "Ow-ah". :icon_lol:

Hadn't seen it. Dude starts with a legit legal move and as his opponent counters he instictively turned it into a knee bar.

Dude needs to chill a little. I doubt at that small tourny he would have been DQ'd. Most likely a "no-no" and start from standing.

Hadn't seen it. Dude starts with a legit legal move and as his opponent counters he instictively turned it into a knee bar.

Dude needs to chill a little. I doubt at that small tourny he would have been DQ'd. Most likely a "no-no" and start from standing.

he would and should get DQ'd because continued to crank a submission AFTER the reff told him not to.

he would and should get DQ'd because continued to crank a submission AFTER the reff told him not to.

Agreed. Especially in a sport where the rules aren't standardized. If dude would've been cool and stopped when the ref told him to, maybe cut him some slack...

I really don't know though. Coming from two grappling arts with established rulesets (Judo and Wrestling), I guess that's easy for me to say. I really do feel for you BJJ and noGi guys that have to adjust your gameplan ever other comp due to inconsistency of the rules.

it's not about the rules or it's consistency, the ref clearly told him to stop the attack and he ignored him. No matter what sport/ruleset if the official tells you to stop what you are doing the. You stop.

I really don't know though. Coming from two grappling arts with established rulesets (Judo and Wrestling), I guess that's easy for me to say. I really do feel for you BJJ and noGi guys that have to adjust your gameplan ever other comp due to inconsistency of the rules.

Dont feel bad for us! We might lack consistency in rules but during tournaments ourbelts look fabulous. :)

Back