What do you think of a minimum punch rule

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
What do you think of a minimum punch rule for KB?

Only for rulesets that dont score takedowns.

I think it will actually open up the kicking game more, especially the head kick KOs, and cool, crowd pleasing spin kicks. Under some KB rulesets there is a minimum for kicks, but you naturally already want to kick. It is actually safe. It is more powerful, and longer reach, and can keep you hands protecting your head. I think a minimum kick rule is excessive.

I have seen so many matches where fighters spam lowkicks, or bear hug to stall, and throw the lazy knees. I prefer to see more punches in that range. When they punch more, they are more vulnerable to kicks to the head. I think it will make KB more spectator friendly.

Boxing is more popular because the fist fighting is seen as more manly. Kickboxing should be boxing but with kicks to break the stalemate. What do you think?

Huh? There is more Boxing in Kickboxing than any other technique. What fights are you watching?

And no, absolutely not. You have a variety of legal techniques and can use them however you want.

What do you think of a minimum punch rule for KB?

Only for rulesets that dont score takedowns.

I think it will actually open up the kicking game more, especially the head kick KOs, and cool, crowd pleasing spin kicks. Under some KB rulesets there is a minimum for kicks, but you naturally already want to kick. It is actually safe. It is more powerful, and longer reach, and can keep you hands protecting your head. I think a minimum kick rule is excessive.

I have seen so many matches where fighters spam lowkicks, or bear hug to stall, and throw the lazy knees. I prefer to see more punches in that range. When they punch more, they are more vulnerable to kicks to the head. I think it will make KB more spectator friendly.

Boxing is more popular because the fist fighting is seen as more manly. Kickboxing should be boxing but with kicks to break the stalemate. What do you think?
Full Contact 2.0

I think rules that are in place just to encourage one style of fighting absolutely suck, without exception.

I already had this minimum of kick in the full contact mode. Now punch minimum.

Back