What do you think of Boyz II Men?

Brian The Overlord

The motivator
@White
Reaction score
When I was a teen, I got to know On Bended Knee and it just felt like a new world.

I didnt know much about R&B and their songs kinda let me know about it. I listened to their songs from 'It's so hard to say goodbye' to Muzak and I dont know whether you know them or not. I think I am a bit young to know them.

If you know them, do you think they are legends?

In Korea, many singers regard them as a legend and like them so much.

How about you guys?

They were cool. Mainly because every time I went to a 49ers game back in the day they were doing the national anthem

Last edited:
They made some real nice music.

They could sing their asses off.

I may have been in middle school, and had no idea what they were really singing about, but still.

The right song from them at the right time could bring a tear to anyones eye.

Last edited:
They weren't my style when they first came out. Now I can appreciate their talent but it's still not really my thing. If I'm in the car and they come on, I'll usually give them a listen.

Incredible vocal technicians.

Some of the best harmonizers we've ever had in pop. They have a place in the highest echelon next to the Beach Boys.

In the 90s, Boyz II Men vs Jodeci was kind of the Beatles vs Stones of the 60s. The more commercial, wholesome guys vs the gritty, edgy ones.

Actually, Boyz II Men were the most pop-py of all the old R&B acts from that era. I liked Jodeci better, personally.

All in all, they were good at what they did. Throwback to those R&B crooner groups of yesteryear.

Not something I'd personally seek out to listen to, but they had talent.

In the 90s, Boyz II Men vs Jodeci was kind of the Beatles vs Stones of the 60s. The more commercial, wholesome guys vs the gritty, edgy ones.
were the stones really much of a rival for the beatles? they don’t really even sound similar. i would have figured the beach boys were more of an opponent for airtime.

Thinking about Boyz II Men makes me miss the best pure vocal talent show (and best judged!) that was ever on TV: The Sing-Off.

This group was likely inspired by Sean growing up, and while Pentatonix went on to become the biggest group to come out of this show, this group was the most talented, and the best at the time of the show. I get a huge kick out of Sean's reaction when they flawlessly hit their bell tone at 1:49:

This was the other performance I liked most by this group if you dig that:

Here are the maestros showing the world how a cappella is done:

And teaming up with another of the all-time heavyweights for one of the biggest hits of the 90's:

Had a bunch of really good songs, 'Water Runs Dry' might me my fave of theirs. They sang an edited version of the Psyche opening song for a Christmas special iirc.

someone extremely mismanaged their career imo.

the songs their label gave them to sing were just like "here's two verses and a chorus, do your thing." it was all about the way they could sing and not what they were singing.
people enjoyed the way they sang for a while, then moved on when they got used to the formula.

And what's more, they took the whole genre down with them. It's beautiful to hear a bunch of terrific singers harmonize, but now all too rare

They were the best out of the 90s R&B groups as far as vocals and harmony

Actually, Boyz II Men were the most pop-py of all the old R&B acts from that era. I liked Jodeci better, personally.

Very good analogy

I liked Jodeci (especially their first album) but they couldn't hold a candle to Boyz II Men when it came to vocals. Boyz II Men never tried to out sing each other the way K CI over sang on pretty much every Jodeci track. Same with Dru Hill with Sisqo aka Mr. Thong Song

Thinking about Boyz II Men makes me miss the best pure vocal talent show (and best judged!) that was ever on TV: The Sing-Off.

This group was likely inspired by Sean growing up, and while Pentatonix went on to become the biggest group to come out of this show, this group was the most talented, and the best at the time of the show. I get a huge kick out of Sean's reaction when they flawlessly hit their bell tone at 1:49:

This was the other performance I liked most by this group if you dig that:

Here are the maestros showing the world how a cappella is done:

And teaming up with another of the all-time heavyweights for one of the biggest hits of the 90's:

I watched this group then! I cried like DAMN!! LOL

I liked the first guy and the bass guy in this video.

the other members were also fantastic throughout this show.

That bass was just incredible. When I listen to the song by an acapella group, What I see first is the bass. Bass should fill the whole sound of the bottom of a song, which means, let's say, that bass should be a solid foundation for a house(=song). Then the melody will sound grand and rich.

When they started singing, I was one of the ones who said it sounded smooth.

Takes me back to the childhood. '92 - '95 good times. Simpler times

Back