What do you wish your city had that it doesn't?

A blade store. Swords, knives etc.
gl6q99uab1411.jpg

Come to Nola brother. We've got fantastic restaurants that's open 24 hours.

I'm trying to make it my next trip after the 3-4 I've got lined up right now...

A model/hobby shop.

I live in a town of 230 people, what we could use is a gas station. The closest one is 40 minutes away.

Houston hardly has any homeless people for a metro its size. Maybe, the Twin Cities has per capita less but the winters cause a lot of them to move and the rest get into safety net programs.

That may be true when you factor what can technically be considered Houston by combining all the surrounding suburbs which go out as far as 30 miles from the downtown area.

But downtown midtown and surrounding areas in a mile or less the homeless population has easily increased the 10x

That’s where I live so it is extremely frustrating.

My last terrible encounter was getting gas and go inside to pay and come back out there’s a bum eating a chicken fried steak out of a leftovers container he found in the trash (95 degrees outside) can that is directly next to my drivers side front tire. Could barely get back in my truck because opening the door would get him on the leg.

Nude beach, lottery/gambling to keep the fooking money in the state economy rather than enriching Vegas. High tech brain work based economy.

There is a big punk/metal/horror scene in my town I wish there was more that catered to the horror side along with the music. The scene is here and no shops really focus at all on horror I wish that would change.

People that aren't already drunk at 9am, things to do besides places to eat. People that aren't human garbage.

Autumn or Spring is the best time unless you can handle the humidity during the summer.
I live in South Florida so I'm used to the heat and humidity. The only time of year I'd try to avoid is the winter because we have better winters here.

A good subway or metrorail system. Makes rush hour traffic less of a burden and gives you more ways to avoid it.

Houston needs to bring back Astro/Waterworld Goddamnit!

Why is that a bad thing?
Because it pushes out families and destroys communities as the cost of living skyrockets
Out go the mom and pop stores and restaurants that have operated for decades and in comes corporate America and all their bullshit

Back