What does a right red arrow traffic signal mean to you?

Doughbelly

action scientist αlpha-nerd
@Gold
Reaction score
stock-photo-traffic-lights-with-red-arrow-to-ban-both-left-and-right-turn-47572870.jpg

Does the one on the left mean something different from the one on the right (other than directionality)?

because most people turn right on red. this is telling you that is not allowed. i hope i just didnt fall for something

Don't turn left or right at the moment the red arrow is on?

stock-photo-traffic-lights-with-red-arrow-to-ban-both-left-and-right-turn-47572870.jpg

Does the one on the left mean something different from the one on the right (other than directionality)?
Right turns in the USA (at least in California) are legal against a red light unless specified by the traffic signal on the right, above, that tells you that you must wait for the green light.

Typically, in my experience, the ones on the left don't appear like that, but are only part of those special 4-light fixtures that you only see in bigger cities at more frequented intersections, and it's telling you that there is never a legal left turn-- not even with a green light. The reason is that it's traditional at regular intersections that a green light means you can go straight or turn left (at least in small towns where we don't depend on green arrows to give us the go-ahead to turn left at four-way stops).

the worst is a green light with the pedestrian light

traffic engineers looking for blood

Apparently, here in WA state, a right red arrow means the same thing as a red light - you can turn right on a right red arrow after coming to a complete stop.

So here's my question, WTF is the point of the right red arrow?

the worst is a green light with the pedestrian light

traffic engineers looking for blood
I turn on one of those leaving work. It's like they make you wait until the pedestrians are going. Makes no sense

I'm with her. But only one week out of the month.

Apparently, here in WA state, a right red arrow means the same thing as a red light - you can turn right on a right red arrow after coming to a complete stop.

To let you know to stop before turning

I have never seen one of those before... must be an American thing.

It means stay the hell out of whatever country that is.

Right turns in WA must take out more people than smoking for them to stress the importance of stopping first and then making the turn.

Right turns in the USA (at least in California) are legal against a red light unless specified by the traffic signal on the right, above, that tells you that you must wait for the green light.

Not in NYC.

https://www.ny.com/transportation/automobiles/cartips.html

No right turn on red in NYC!
In every other city in the United States you are allowed to make a right turn on a red light after a full stop. However, in New York City this is illegal, unless otherwise noted by a traffic sign.

Is the right red arrow flashing? Flashing means you must come to a full stop before turning, solid red means no turn.

+25 points for every pedestrian casualty.

You know how I know you're asian?

Because you've posted on here for 8 years and many people including yourself have mentioned it.

You fucking racist.

no idea

but if they were green

it means only left or right can go ahead

It seems like something that could be misinterpreted. My first thought was no right turn on red.

Back