What does a right red arrow traffic signal mean to you?

No left turns, no right turns.

Here, there's this relatively new traffic light where because of the angle, you can only see what color is showing when you are really close to it, like too close to safely stop.

I have never seen one of these in California usually they only have those for protected left turns on a right turn you can turn on red light.

Laval%20STL%20candlestick%20lights.jpg

This one freaked me out because there was no notice. Nobody knew what the hell they were.

Lol Quebec. Had to chuckle the first time I saw one of those.

Montreal.

It's a priority advance go for busses.

Around here, once the bus goes, everyone would go. I've seen it happen on a left turn signal. When the cars in the left turn lane moved and all the cars going straight also went. I was second in line and the car ahead of me left along with the other 2 lanes of straight through traffic. I stopped at the stop line and the driver in back of me honked. The cars coming the opposite way had a green left turn arrow too so they were trying to cross in front of us. People are herd animals.

Lol Quebec. Had to chuckle the first time I saw one of those.

Seems pretty dangerous changing traffic signals without informing anyone what the new signals mean.

Like this.

89xNY.jpg

Around here, once the bus goes, everyone would go. I've seen it happen on a left turn signal. When the cars in the left turn lane moved and all the cars going straight also went. I was second in line and the car ahead of me left along with the other 2 lanes of straight through traffic. I stopped at the stop line and the driver in back of me honked. The cars coming the opposite way had a green left turn arrow too so they were trying to cross in front of us. People are herd animals.

Right now traffic in Montreal is a complete nightmare. You wouldn't believe the amount of construction.

They're rebuilding the principle route into my neighborhood so it doesn't exist any more... And won't... For FIVE YEARS. It adds ten minutes to my commute in both directions. So, twenty minutes a day for five years.

Ironically, I'm doing the math for the first time today and it's 420 hours.

Back