What does Brian Ortega do going forward?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The fight between him and Max probably isn’t going to happen for a long while and Ortega should still rightfully be the number 1 contender. Do they need an interm title in the mean time or should they just wait until Max is healthy?

Takes page out a Woodley playbook ................. doesn't fight n waits till title shot

max fucked this all up.

ortega would have been champ right now.

Wait until Max is healthy or stripped, fuck interim belts.

Interim against the winner of Aldo/Stephens, for sure. Edgar needs at least 1 more win before another shot.

tenor.gif

Let Dana bang his mom or GF.

He will get a title shot. Wait,he may even be just given the belt .

Fight, wait, tweet & wait, just do something. If Holloway is out for an extended period I have no problem with a valid interim title better than them bullsh!t interims they've doing lately,

Ortega
gotta strike when the irons and his stock is hot.

Sit back and let that taco/salsa fortune do what it does!

Damn, my bad, HUNGRY FIGHTER!!!! HUNGRY FIGHTER!!!

The fight between him and Max probably isn’t going to happen for a long while and Ortega should still rightfully be the number 1 contender. Do they need an interm title in the mean time or should they just wait until Max is healthy?

he will either fight max or for a interm belt next simple

He won a great fight against Frankie Edgar and he was the number 1 contender a few months ago.

A lot can change over a year.

Some other up and comer might KO Chad Mendes and then score another great KO over Jose Aldo.

That guy will then be the new top contender whenever Max Holloway is ready to fight again.

At that point, Brian Ortega will be a has-been who refuses to fight and has a bad relationship with the UFC.

MMA is a volatile sport and trying to rely on past victories in ever-changing conditions hasn't worked out historically. Guys that try to "play it safe" almost never get what they want. The sports' competitors continue to fight and rankings continue to change while they're inactive until they fade into obscurity.

Max might be out a year, and Brian sits out that entire year.. Brian last won a fight like 4-6 months ago, right? Then some guy will have 3-4 top 10 wins in that time period and will be able to say that Brian has only won 1 fight in 2 years.. 0 wins over a year! and guess who's the contender then?

Last edited:
I not a fan of interims but since they are done Im fine with Stephens/Aldo winner for that title

Its not just Max being out, it is he might never make that weight again.
He should give up the title & move up

If Stephens beats aldo I wouldn’t be shocked if Dana gives Stephens a title shot to spite tcity.

The way to glory is through victory in battle. Take any and every fight, and win.

He probably will sit on the sidelines and disappoint.

Back