What does everybody think of this mma style of capoeira?

Something you could train, if you have some spare time, not to be confused with other more complete striking arts that should be part of your bread and butter......

I think it functions like gymnastics, very similar. Helps fighting attributes by training athleticism, strength, etc.

Last edited:
In mma you have complimentary arts and substitutional arts. Kyokushin is a substitutional art- you can swap it out for Muay Thai or kick boxing and be alright. Sambo for bjj, what ever.

TKD, capoeira, wing Chung, these are all complimentary arts. They make you better as a fighter but they can’t replace one of the holy 4 arts- boxing, wrestling, jits and kick boxing.

In mma you have complimentary arts and substitutional arts. Kyokushin is a substitutional art- you can swap it out for Muay Thai or kick boxing and be alright. Sambo for bjj, what ever.

TKD, capoeira, wing Chung, these are all complimentary arts. They make you better as a fighter but they can’t replace one of the holy 4 arts- boxing, wrestling, jits and kick boxing.

I never thought of it that way, I just think of mma as not as a style but as a type of fighter. But I get what your saying though.

I think it functions like gymnastics, very similar. Helps fighting attributes by training athleticism, strength, etc.

The whole reason I wanted to post a thread about this, is because I watch luke cage season 2, and the actor who plays the villain, used capoeira in the show, like he was so good at it, and I thought of the video I posted in this thread. And wanted to see peoples oppinion of it.

I always tell everybody especially a style like this, is useless on it's own. But I love seeing it in the movies and TV shows. If I ever learn this, and I'm old in my 40's I want to try out martial arts acting.

Back