What does feminism mean?

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The word feminism get used quite a bit in posts on the forum, and i think many of us have varying views as to what it actually means, so:
What do you believe the meaning of feminism is? What's it all about?

Feminism means whining to the government for special treatment and demanding rights without responsibility.

giphy.gif

1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
2: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

A movement that trains women to have absolute power.

The meaning is about as congruent with the application as "Conservative" and "Liberal" in the political arena.

Feminism is a word used to signify many different things, some of which are good and some of which are objectionable.

Seems to me like some feminists spend all their time treating women as emotionally fragile infants who cannot be expected to take responsibility for their actions or their lives. This is called empowerment.

Just another movement that keeps going once its met its original goals. Nitpicking minutiae and creating issues where none existed before is modern feminisms MO. Avoid proponents like the plague because while they may not kill your body, they will warp your mind and steal your soul. Its all good though.

Feminism is a word used to signify many different things, some of which are good and some of which are objectionable.

Seems to me like some feminists spend all their time treating women as emotionally fragile infants who cannot be expected to take responsibility for their actions or their lives. This is called empowerment.

Very decent movements/ideologies often attract troubled people. A lot of troubled people are seeking for something to be a part of, and sometimes they latch on to a positive ideologies but bring their negative traits with them. As a result, they sometimes drag the ideology through the mud.

Very decent movements/ideologies often attract troubled people. A lot of troubled people are seeking for something to be a part of, and sometimes they latch on to a positive ideologies but bring their negative traits with them. As a result, they sometimes drag the ideology through the mud.

I don't think modern feminism is a decent movement, and I don't think the problems with feminism are at the fringes. The average women's studies class is radical.

It is the reasonable, independant thinkers imo who are at the fringes, like Camille Paglia.

I don't think modern feminism is a decent movement, and I don't think the problems with feminism are at the fringes. The average women's studies class is radical.

It is the reasonable, independant thinkers imo who are at the fringes, like Camille Paglia.

See, I have no idea what "modern feminism" is, and I don't know who Camille Paglia is. I never took a women's studies class, and I don't watch Youtube videos related to politics. I guess I'm just not in the loop. But when I think of feminism, I don't think of any radical, I just think of showing mutual respect and treating people with dignity. Basically, what was written in post #5.

You know how often I'm bombarded by feminism? Never. So I don't really understand why people on forums like this whine about it so much. It has never entered my life in a negative way, ever. I can't help but think that people on this forum seek out things to hate.

See, I have no idea what "modern feminism" is, and I don't know who Camille Paglia is. I never took a women's studies class, and I don't watch Youtube videos related to politics. I guess I'm just not in the loop. But when I think of feminism, I don't think of any radical, I just think of showing mutual respect and treating people with dignity. Basically, what was written in post #5.

You know how often I'm bombarded by feminism? Never. So I don't really understand why people on forums like this whine about it so much. It has never entered my life in a negative way, ever. I can't help but think that people on this forum seek out things to hate.

Come live in Boston.

Feminism is nothing more than an attack on masculinity by women who feel scorn by their ex boyfriends.

Gotcha. If by feminism you mean women should have political rights and social dignity equal to men, then I wholeheartedly agree with you. I disagree that pointing out the radicalism and unhealthiness of much of what today's so-called feminism is whining. I'd call it fighting for the soul of true feminism.

What happens in Boston?

They have black lives matter and social justice warriors
osr9xd.jpg

2q23h4h.jpg

edit: thank you tinypic for rotating pictures. Always helpful.

Gotcha. If by feminism you mean women should have political rights and social dignity equal to men, then I wholeheartedly agree with you. I disagree that pointing out the radicalism and unhealthiness of much of what today's so-called feminism is whining. I'd call it fighting for the soul of true feminism.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out issues with a movement. But that's not really the reality of what we typically see on here. We typically hear people whine about how feminism is invading our culture and being shoved down our throats, you know, like the gays, lol. The only time I ever think about feminism is when people say things about it on this website. I think it's just another thing that a certain group of people has chosen to be outraged over for no reason.

They have black lives matter and social justice warriors
osr9xd.jpg

2q23h4h.jpg

edit: thank you tinypic for rotating pictures. Always helpful.

They apparently also have Mercedes.

Back