What does feminism mean?

What does feminism mean?
The end of the traditional family?

source.gif

leave-it-to-beaver.jpg

So not only does feminism cause 3rd world immigration, it also causes "culture loss, takeover, and conflict"? Yeah, when I saw the brand new account I kinda knew where this was heading.

Women should be able to decide that they want to work, and they should be able to decide whether or not they want to have children. That is called freedom, and it is absolutely a positive.

Regarding the claim expressed in the first paragraph, I didn’t say that. I spoke feminism and tech within society leading to low birth rate and third world immigration (which is different from causing it), and that there are reasons to be concerned with that (culture loss, takeover, etc). I did not state that feminism caused culture loss, takeover, etc.

Regarding freedom, there are different kinds and they exist on something of a hierarchy. Freedom of indifference, the freedom you are herein relying on, is certainly a good, but it is only a good so that we can have freedom for excellence. That is to say, this freedom is only a good so that we can choose those things which are good for us, and apart from that good, we misuse our freedom. (Why else would freedom be a good? That would just be license - there’s a decent article on this https://www.firstthings.com/article/2002/03/a-better-concept-of-freedom)

So the question you should be asking is whether the good of women and the common good itself, is met, or at least not harmed, by women entering the workforce, using contraception, and so forth. That can’t be answered by saying “freedom is a positive.”

Dude never spilled his drink . . .

See, I have no idea what "modern feminism" is, and I don't know who Camille Paglia is. I never took a women's studies class, and I don't watch Youtube videos related to politics. I guess I'm just not in the loop. But when I think of feminism, I don't think of any radical, I just think of showing mutual respect and treating people with dignity. Basically, what was written in post #5.

You know how often I'm bombarded by feminism? Never. So I don't really understand why people on forums like this whine about it so much. It has never entered my life in a negative way, ever. I can't help but think that people on this forum seek out things to hate.

Going to be hard to have a decent discussion in a forum full of butt hurt misogynists.

I was just reading a story about a lady being drugged at the Calgary Stampede. Long story short, she made it home and was taken to the hospital where she's being treated. Not robbed or raped but has to deal with the side effects. Ugly story.

The relevance to this thread comes in the for of the first reply on FB. "Teach the men in your lives that this is WRONG!"

Well no shit Sherlock. Only a sociopath would think otherwise, and only a lunatic would believe that half the population needs to be taught that taking advantage is the wrong thing to do. Derp.

So I checked out her profile - middle aged, multi coloured hair, not one pic of her smiling, no joy in her life from her social media. "I am a feminist. I’ve been female for a long time now. I’d be stupid not to be on my own side." Cool, you have a side. Now who's against you? < Was my first thought.

Unfortunately she's the typical representation that comes to mind when I think of modern feminism. And angry activist who thinks all men are predators. A long way from Christine H Sommers and Camille Paglia if you ask me.

Its complicated. To the foot soldiers, the people you meet on the street it is the idea that men and women should be equal, for some that means equality of opportunity and for others equality of outcome. This different set of interpretations is rarely understood even by the individuals themselves as they will often position themselves differently on different issues.

Psychologically it is the malformed notion that men and women are fundamentally shaped by our environment and biology plays little to no role. While most educated, reasonable people recognize the absurdity of this, the feminist literature and philosophy espouse this notion with few exceptions. Many even espouse the idea that men and women are of equal athletic capacity by nature and women are simply not encouraged to participate in high level physical activity which accounts for the disparity.

Historically it means rewriting history through the feminist lens or in line with feminist critical theory which amounts to attempting to find a way in which history can be interpreted as men suppressing women. It is actually shocking how open they are about this.

Sociologically it can be broken down into the assimilation of males into the female hierarchy. Women want women and men to socialize and compete as equals (theoretically) but under the feminine social model.

The biggest problems that feminism creates are based in the feminine socialization model itself. In particular the ability and willingness of women to lie. Feminine politics are completely alien to most men and they are completely unable to predict or defend themselves against it. Men as a group are even more vulnerable. For example, the Duluth model which is the most commonly and widely known model for dealing with abuse among couples was designed by a group of feminists with specific purpose of furthering the feminist agenda by creating the idea that men have historically been physically abusive to women when the reality is just the opposite. This is classical reputation destruction and completely in line with feminine politics but its the kind of behavior that men have a great amount of difficulty even conceiving of. Women don't suffer the kind of inherent psychological backlash from lying that men do because they aren't as concerned with the idea of fairness and justice as they are with winning the ingroup/outgroup political conflicts.

1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality???? of the sexes
2: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

Yeah, but equality in what sense? Opportunity or Outcome/Results?

I know they like to claim that they're preaching the former but most of what I see in MSM when it comes to what these feminists preach is the latter.

The word feminism get used quite a bit in posts on the forum, and i think many of us have varying views as to what it actually means, so:
What do you believe the meaning of feminism is? What's it all about?

In theory it’s about ending “the patriarchy” - whatever that means. In practice it’s about reversing the direction of historical inequalities. Though both are subservient to the more present goal of electing progressive democrats. To that end let’s just putnos that compromises shall be made.

Feminism is a word used to signify many different things, some of which are good and some of which are objectionable.

Seems to me like some feminists spend all their time treating women as emotionally fragile infants who cannot be expected to take responsibility for their actions or their lives. This is called empowerment.

Get it girl!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back