What does The War Room consist of mostly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think it leaned liberal.

Now I know it's evenly split between liberals and racists who don't think they're racists and pretend they're conservative. There are a few legitimately conservative posters somewhere.

Now I know it's evenly split between liberals and racists who don't think they're racists and pretend they're conservative. There are a few legitimately conservative posters somewhere.

CwQzg.gif

MMA is the only spectator sport I have any interest in at this point in my life.

For those who frequent sites focused on other sports - sites that include a political discussion board like the WR - I would be interested in hearing about the ideological mix of the membership and how it compares to Sherdog. I would think there is some connection between certain sports and the predominance of certain political persuasions among those fan bases.

I thought you were of the right-leaning sort? I haven't seen a post of yours lately that would lend towards that leaning, but I could have sworn that when I first started noticing your posts, they were from a right-of-center place.

MMA is the only spectator sport I have any interest in at this point in my life.

For those who frequent sites focused on other sports - sites that include a political discussion board like the WR - I would be interested in hearing about the ideological mix of the membership and how it compares to Sherdog. I would think there is some connection between certain sports and the predominance of certain political persuasions among those fan bases.

I would think (and this is cursory and superficial) that being an MMA fan would lend toward being averse to moral traditionalism (social right) because moral traditionalists have been so often opposed to the sport's brutality. On the other hand, I would think the traditional male (macho) values that are embedded in prize fighting would correlate negatively with social empathy and the combative lone wolf motifs that accompany such an individual sport may correlate negatively with support for collectivist ideology.

But that's all just out of my ass.

Think of any group of humans you can. Any group at all, defined any way you want.

Now imagine somebody who hates them.

That guy posts here.

hahahah that is excellent, and 100% true.

imo most here are very anti-govt and anti-establishment, TS. i would say that most people in the US are at the moment, but especially here.

one of the more outrageous posts i have ever seen here dealt with that.

i had gone back and forth with this poster for a while on some racial issue, and i finally just asked him: "well what makes someone racist then?" and his response was: "irrational beliefs about race." that explained so much.....no one is going to admit to themselves that their beliefs are irrational. so no one is racist.

A bunch of people who argue in circles like a bunch of autists.

Overall the board seems evenly split. But if an insult is tossed out you can generally guess which side it comes from.

one of the more outrageous posts i have ever seen here dealt with that.

i had gone back and forth with this poster for a while on some racial issue, and i finally just asked him: "well what makes someone racist then?" and his response was: "irrational beliefs about race." that explained so much.....no one is going to admit to themselves that their beliefs are irrational. so no one is racist.

A racist is someone who prefers once race over another, but I rarely see it used in this literal form, because that's not really that controversial. That describes everyone I've ever met.

The reason people never "admit" to being racist is because you guys on the extreme left would call someone racist for wanting the voting age raised to 21 or eating meat. Nobody wants to say "Yeah, I'm that word that you redefine every 10 seconds and fall back on regardless of the topic".

A racist is someone who prefers once race over another, but I rarely see it used in this literal form, because that's not really that controversial. That describes everyone I've ever met.
Really? Because that isn't what racism is at all.

The reason people never "admit" to being racist is because you guys on the extreme left would call someone racist for wanting the voting age raised to 21. Nobody wants to say "Yeah, I'm that word that you redefine every 10 seconds".

Um, what?

I would think (and this is cursory and superficial) that being an MMA fan would lend toward being averse to moral traditionalism (social right) because moral traditionalists have been so often opposed to the sport's brutality. On the other hand, I would think the traditional male (macho) values that are embedded in prize fighting would correlate negatively with social empathy and the combative lone wolf motifs that accompany such an individual sport may correlate negatively with support for collectivist ideology.

But that's all just out of my ass.

I would think the opposite is true. the moral traditionalism of John McCain nearly destroyed MMA.

Really? Because that isn't what racism is at all.

Um, what?

Rather than argue about it sherdog-style lets just post the dictionary definition via google and go from there:

"A person who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

So you have no preference for what you consider to be the superior traits of a certain racial group at all, socially, aesthetically, reproductively, etc. The hardwired genetic selectivity present in every reproductive animal doesn't apply to you. Sure, OK. I believe you.

People, whether due to laziness or deliberate linguistic games, have taken "racist" -- which refers to racial biases regardless of their validity-- and turned it into a mixture of a word meaning "ignorant discrimination" (which has no relevance to its actual definition) and a sort of gibberish curse (whose very pronunciation has more impact than its actual definition).

Last edited:
moral traditionalists have been so often opposed to the sport's brutality

MMA-style combat under various names has been a staple of both western and eastern civilization since the dawn of recorded history. This is just the latest "xtreem sportz" twist after a hiatus where we preferred boxing and karate.

It would only be something opposite of tradition to someone ignorant about history, and if that's the case, does their definition of tradition even matter?

Last edited:
Mostly xenophobic narcissists.

Extreme left wingers, extreme right wingers, religious zealots, and anti-religious zealots mostly. And conspiracy theorists. Can't forget IDL.

While IDL may be more vocal lately about a secret, global shadow group plotting world takeover, Bumblebee tuna is far more extreme in his beliefs. And displays alot less Vague axioms . IDL is the endearing nutty professor you put up with every day and can tune out due to exposure. Bumblebee is your crazy fucking uncle you only see on Christmas, but won't let up until he ruins dinner

Also, IDL is capable of participanting in reasonable and thoughtful discussions not pertaining to his wacky theories.

Last edited:
Think of any group of humans you can. Any group at all, defined any way you want.

Now imagine somebody who hates them.

That guy posts here.

Talk is cheap (well it's cheaper when one person speaks for others, lol). Start a "Who do you hate and why?" thread and let's see. :eek:

I thought you were of the right-leaning sort? I haven't seen a post of yours lately that would lend towards that leaning, but I could have sworn that when I first started noticing your posts, they were from a right-of-center place.

He is normally fairly fiscally conservative, and tends to be more liberal on social issues although it does seem here lately he has been more bleeding heart than normal:icon_lol::p

The reason people never "admit" to being racist is because you guys on the extreme left would call someone racist for wanting the voting age raised to 21 or eating meat. Nobody wants to say "Yeah, I'm that word that you redefine every 10 seconds and fall back on regardless of the topic".

don't forget asking someone to get an ID makes you racist.

I love how liberals think that minorities can never find any time to get an ID. It's like they think they work 20 hours a day and then spend the rest of the time helping in the community.

There is no possible way in 365 days that someone can find 1 day to go get a ID? BUT BUT BUT what if they live far away or don't have a car? I'm sorry, do these people not have a single friend, family member, or church memeber that could give them a ride? It's funny how people can be bussed in to go to a rally or a church function, but all of a sudden no one will put together a bus ride to make sure people have IDs.

Liberal logic at it's finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back