What does The War Room consist of mostly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a visual of a warroom brawl (it's worth watching all the way through)

[YT]J1JnKoH_5XE[/YT]

ha, i think i have been there, the reggae bar in kho phi phi in thailand. went on 3 separate nights, the fight played out in that exact manner every night. good times.

I thought you were of the right-leaning sort? I haven't seen a post of yours lately that would lend towards that leaning, but I could have sworn that when I first started noticing your posts, they were from a right-of-center place.

You're not the only one that has noticed this.
I also noticed this observation about panamaican as well.

I thought you were of the right-leaning sort? I haven't seen a post of yours lately that would lend towards that leaning, but I could have sworn that when I first started noticing your posts, they were from a right-of-center place.

I'm curious how he identifies himself as well.

I vaguely recall him stating he is an independent, but based on my interaction with him he certainly leans right (pretty solidly conservative), at least on economic and tax issues.

He is normally fairly fiscally conservative, and tends to be more liberal on social issues although it does seem here lately he has been more bleeding heart than normal:icon_lol::p

My stances haven't changed, there just haven't been a lot of things coming up that are conservative discussions.

What there has been a lot discussions about are social issues where people are applying stereotypes instead of logic. And in many of the discussions where people are defaulting to racial prejudices, those same people attempt to re-frame their prejudices as an appeal to conservative principles.

So I find myself arguing against racial prejudice that is masquerading as conservatism.

Also, conservative doesn't mean that you're against helping poor people, you're against inefficient uses of government to get there.

Last edited:
the only thing that makes debating with a die hard conservative or liberal aggravating is that they both attempt to debate a distorted representation of what they believe the opposition is doing/prefers and that distortion is so far from reality that the entire foundation of the argument is ridiculous to attempt.

A conservative will look you dead in the eye, and say how he doesnt want to vote Democrat because the 'dems want immediate amnesty for all them illegals' and a liberal will endlessly debate about how Republicans want to strike down all gun laws and let 10 year olds pack heat to school.

The second problem are the morons who vote single issue yet support candidates who are opposed to everything else they like. You want lower taxes? cool. Then why do you vote for republicans who have a foreign policy strongly hinged on global military presence that forces taxes to be high to support it?
You like gun rights but you voted for Romney despite the fact that at the time between the two candidates the only one of them who had actively pursued, supported and enacted a gun control measure was Romney? (looking at you NRA).

The circus is as stupid in its process as the people ensuring it continues.

the only thing that makes debating with a die hard conservative or liberal aggravating is that they both attempt to debate a distorted representation of what they believe the opposition is doing/prefers and that distortion is so far from reality that the entire foundation of the argument is ridiculous to attempt.

A conservative will look you dead in the eye, and say how he doesnt want to vote Democrat because the 'dems want immediate amnesty for all them illegals' and a liberal will endlessly debate about how Republicans want to strike down all gun laws and let 10 year olds pack heat to school.

You mean the liberals don't want some form of amnesty or "path to citizenship", without closing down the border first?

Pretty sure that is exactly what they want.

The second problem are the morons who vote single issue yet support candidates who are opposed to everything else they like. You want lower taxes? cool. Then why do you vote for republicans who have a foreign policy strongly hinged on global military presence that forces taxes to be high to support it?
You like gun rights but you voted for Romney despite the fact that at the time between the two candidates the only one of them who had actively pursued, supported and enacted a gun control measure was Romney? (looking at you NRA).

The circus is as stupid in its process as the people ensuring it continues.

You mean how blacks vote dem even though the are socially conservative? They hate gays, are against abortion and are very religious (at least statistically) yet they vote for the party that is against everything they stand for religiously.

I hear that shit all the time. About how much they love God and how society needs to embrace Christian values even more, how they support prayer in school, prayer before football games, at graduation, etc and How God is the most important thing in their lives. Yet they go a vote for the people that want to take religion out of pretty much all society/public, the party that supports gays and abortion.

God must not be that important to you if you throw all your beliefs out the window when it comes time to vote.

one of the more outrageous posts i have ever seen here dealt with that.

i had gone back and forth with this poster for a while on some racial issue, and i finally just asked him: "well what makes someone racist then?" and his response was: "irrational beliefs about race." that explained so much.....no one is going to admit to themselves that their beliefs are irrational. so no one is racist.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of "it's not racism if you genuinely believe that there is a hierarchy of value of races."

While IDL may be more vocal lately about a secret, global shadow group plotting world takeover, Bumblebee tuna is far more extreme in his beliefs. And displays alot less Vague axioms . IDL is the endearing nutty professor you put up with every day and can tune out due to exposure. Bumblebee is your crazy fucking uncle you only see on Christmas, but won't let up until he ruins dinner

Also, IDL is capable of participanting in reasonable and thoughtful discussions not pertaining to his wacky theories.

Bumblebee at least attempts (however angrily and incoherently) to explain and defend his positions. Might be a more obnoxious human being than IDL, but he's a better poster. IDL is just a standard conservative, but instead of trying to argue that gov't programs are inefficient/unfair to the rich/getting in the way of growth, he argues from a weird fantasy world that he won't actually describe.

My stances haven't changed, there just haven't been a lot of things coming up that are conservative discussions.

What there has been a lot discussions about are social issues where people are applying stereotypes instead of logic. And in many of the discussions where people are defaulting to racial prejudices, those same people attempt to re-frame their prejudices as an appeal to conservative principles.

So I find myself arguing against racial prejudice that is masquerading as conservatism.

It's funny because when you discuss race, you're actually pretty sharp, insightful and reasonable.

Also, conservative doesn't mean that you're against helping poor people, you're against inefficient uses of government to get there.

Thanks for clarifying. Your posts are usually very reasonable and well-thought, so I'm glad that you identify right of center: it provides balance to the forum and helps ward off this progressively creeping feeling left-versus-right is moving towards being informed-versus-stubborn on a lot of issues.

But, anyways, since you mentioned it, how do you prefer economic relief be administered so as to circumvent government waste?

You mean how blacks vote dem even though the are socially conservative? They hate gays, are against abortion and are very religious (at least statistically) yet they vote for the party that is against everything they stand for religiously.

I hear that shit all the time. About how much they love God and how society needs to embrace Christian values even more, how they support prayer in school, prayer before football games, at graduation, etc and How God is the most important thing in their lives. Yet they go a vote for the people that want to take religion out of pretty much all society/public, the party that supports gays and abortion.

God must not be that important to you if you throw all your beliefs out the window when it comes time to vote.

In a way yes. You should first know that I AM black and as such probably have a better idea of what religious socially conservative blacks think. Funny enough, the majority of black voters are older. Old enough to remember that the Republican party fought tooth and nail against the civil rights act. LBJ wasnt joking when he crudely stated he had won the 'n*gger vote for 200 years'.

The Republican parties problem has always been, at least since the southern strategy, that while they espouse a set of ideals popular amongst MANY social, ethnic and gender lines, they CATER to one very narrow sect of it. If you arent a middle aged or older white male, the GOP generally doesnt give two shits about you.
They play up the folksy BS to clinch the southern white vote (as if thats hard to do) but almost all of their policies are tailor made to making sure social mobility amongst EVERYBODY stays inert and that corporatism trumps all.

No matter HOW conservative a black or latino may be, they will NEVER vote for a party that supports a mouth breathing racist or is filled WITH mouth breathing racist. Remember back when McCain was running and that old lady talked about not wanting a 'muslim' in the whitehouse? Thats the kind of bullshit I'm talking about.

In a way yes. You should first know that I AM black and as such probably have a better idea of what religious socially conservative blacks think. Funny enough, the majority of black voters are older. Old enough to remember that the Republican party fought tooth and nail against the civil rights act. LBJ wasnt joking when he crudely stated he had won the 'n*gger vote for 200 years'.

The Republican parties problem has always been, at least since the southern strategy, that while they espouse a set of ideals popular amongst MANY social, ethnic and gender lines, they CATER to one very narrow sect of it. If you arent a middle aged or older white male, the GOP generally doesnt give two shits about you.
They play up the folksy BS to clinch the southern white vote (as if thats hard to do) but almost all of their policies are tailor made to making sure social mobility amongst EVERYBODY stays inert and that corporatism trumps all.

No matter HOW conservative a black or latino may be, they will NEVER vote for a party that supports a mouth breathing racist or is filled WITH mouth breathing racist. Remember back when McCain was running and that old lady talked about not wanting a 'muslim' in the whitehouse? Thats the kind of bullshit I'm talking about.

I don't mean to call out black voters because I think most people period either don't give a shit about voting or just pay attention 2 months before a presidential election and just copy what they hear on tv or what their friends say. I am in the bible belt in a majority black city and have been for most of my life.

The religious shit just gets to me because I hear it constantly, then when I ask them, if god is so important to you, why do you vote for the party that stands for everything you are against? The looks on their face is priceless? I have never even received an answer. The closest one I got was, well I separate my religion from my politics. I responded, Hey man, you are either riding with jesus or not. You can't ride with jesus most the time but then ask him to get out the car while you go vote.

Either you ridin all the time or not.

But it not just black folks, my aunt is the same way, a big Jesus freak but a democrat.

ultimately, a persons experiences are shaped by how they were raised and what they've done in life. I've found in my 31 years of living on this planet that the angriest, most bigoted and uninformed people around are those that have never traveled beyond their little slice of dirt.

So its kind of hard for me to take a lot of people seriously in a debate about most topics because most people dont experience much. Dont talk about immigration if you dont know a bunch of 1st generations immigrants or work for or with border patrol or ICE. Dont tell me what the 'black man' or asian or mexican or whatever feels and thinks if you arent one of them or have a helluva lot of experience working with that group in a personal setting. Dont talk about how the 'war is being run' if you havent deployed and dont wave the flag like some kind of armor if you havent served or have never been abroad to compare.

Basically, i think internet bullshitting should require a basic vetting process like some forums do. It's why i like Lightfighter.com so much.

ultimately, a persons experiences are shaped by how they were raised and what they've done in life. I've found in my 31 years of living on this planet that the angriest, most bigoted and uninformed people around are those that have never traveled beyond their little slice of dirt.

So its kind of hard for me to take a lot of people seriously in a debate about most topics because most people dont experience much. Dont talk about immigration if you dont know a bunch of 1st generations immigrants or work for or with border patrol or ICE. Dont tell me what the 'black man' or asian or mexican or whatever feels and thinks if you arent one of them or have a helluva lot of experience working with that group in a personal setting. Dont talk about how the 'war is being run' if you havent deployed and dont wave the flag like some kind of armor if you havent served or have never been abroad to compare.

Basically, i think internet bullshitting should require a basic vetting process like some forums do. It's why i like Lightfighter.com so much.

Thanks, I did a quick rundown of the site and it looks good, I

So its kind of hard for me to take a lot of people seriously in a debate about most topics because most people dont experience much. Dont talk about immigration if you dont know a bunch of 1st generations immigrants or work for or with border patrol or ICE. Dont tell me what the 'black man' or asian or mexican or whatever feels and thinks if you arent one of them or have a helluva lot of experience working with that group in a personal setting. Dont talk about how the 'war is being run' if you havent deployed and dont wave the flag like some kind of armor if you havent served or have never been abroad to compare.Basically, i think internet bullshitting should require a basic vetting process like some forums do. It's why i like Lightfighter.com so much.

This is true to an extent but you are bordering on, if you have never been president, then don't talk about what he is doing is right or wrong.

I lived in a black dominated city for most my life, went to black dominated schools, churches, parks, etc then went Into the Air Force, went to multiple states and overseas including Iraq. I have worked and still do in black dominated areas. I have a lot more experience with minorities. I grew up and have spent most of my 34 years around them. I have talked politically and religiously to 100's if not thousands of people in my time. It is interesting what I hear and I can freely admit that there are serious cultural differences. For what ever reason some liberals don't want to admit that. They have this idea that we are all the same. Yea we are all the same as in we are all human and go through shit, but a lot of our everyday life is totally different. Not saying one is better than the other, it just is what it is. My stepmother who helped raise me (RIP) was black and my dads girlfriend now is black. I end up discussing minority issues or situations on here a lot because that is my life.

Take it easy man, see you around.

This reminds me of a study I read recently that showed that conservative folks tend to be isolated. Not that this is news, but there was a pretty good study on it.

For example, they found that people from well off families believed that "anyone can make it if they just work hard" and that their success was in their control and conversely, people from poor families were more apt to acknowledge that there are other factors at play.

And surprise, white folks who have very little contact with minorities tend to be misinformed about them.

I'll see if I can find it. BTW, I think you're right.

It is interesting what I hear and I can freely admit that there are serious cultural differences. For what ever reason some liberals don't want to admit that. They have this idea that we are all the same. Yea we are all the same as in we are all human and go through shit, but a lot of our everyday life is totally different. Not saying one is better than the other, it just is what it is. My stepmother who helped raise me (RIP) was black and my dads girlfriend now is black. I end up discussing minority issues or situations on here a lot because that is my life.

What in the fuck are you talking about? No one says that, lol. I bet there are cultural differences between you and me btw (I am Irish, German and Polish), just based on where we grew up. I am willing to bet that I relate more to the black kids I grew up with then you.

Just for fun, what are the "serious cultural differences" you are referring to? This should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back