What does your ideal UFC 228 card look like?

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looking at the roster it looks like Cyborg, Mouse, Woodley, Nunes, Rose & Khabib are available. Cyborg vs Nunes probably wont happen until Nov or Dec because Nunes wants time to bulk up. Woodley may not have an opponent ready(interim title on June 9th) & I think Mouse/Cejudo 2 will be used to help 227. With 155 having been so logjammed so long I would prefer Khabib defend his belt vs Conor or Lee.

UFC 228- Las Vegas

Khabib vs Conor(or Lee)*
Rose vs Andrade
Lineker vs Cruz(or Stamman)*
Machida vs Bisping(or Branch)*
Hunt vs Willis

*Conor/Cruz/Bisping are all basically retired at the moment.

Khabib not coming back until late 2018.

Cyborg vs Nunes
Mm vs Cejudo 2
Cruz vs Lineker
Dominic Reyes vs Corey Anderson
Machida vs Tavares

Khabib not coming back until late 2018.

Cyborg vs Nunes
Mm vs Cejudo 2
Cruz vs Lineker
Dominic Reyes vs Corey Anderson
Machida vs Tavares
Probably more realistic. Tavares already booked tho hes headlining July 6th vs Israel Adesanya.

I’m not sure this 2nd rate outfit is capable of putting together a real PPV anymore.

Looking at the roster it looks like Cyborg, Mouse, Woodley, Nunes, Rose & Khabib are available. Cyborg vs Nunes probably wont happen until Nov or Dec because Nunes wants time to bulk up. Woodley may not have an opponent ready(interim title on June 9th) & I think Mouse/Cejudo 2 will be used to help 227. With 155 having been so logjammed so long I would prefer Khabib defend his belt vs Conor or Lee.

UFC 228- Las Vegas

Khabib vs Conor(or Lee)*
Rose vs Andrade
Lineker vs Cruz(or Stamman)*
Machida vs Bisping(or Branch)*
Hunt vs Willis

*Conor/Cruz/Bisping are all basically retired at the moment.

is 228 the 25th ann show?

there is zero chance conor fight in 2018 cant give kevin lee the shot unless between now and then he wins a fight that he made weigh for. khabib first defence will be vs eddie dustin winner.

the real problem with nunes vs cyborg is cyborg wont risk nunes beating her. so that fight is off.

im sure rose would much rather fight Karolina Kowalkiewicz 2

you could have dj vs cejudo at 228

so far woodley not said if he cleared to get ready for a return vs who wins at ufc 225

Conor vs Ferguson (interim title)
Cruz vs Dodson
Weidman vs Branch
Cain vs Volkov
Emmett vs Korean Zombie

Khabib vs Conor

I think if that happens, it will be in NYC in November for obvious reasons
1. Huge Russian community
2. The publicity the bus-gate had in NYC
3. Taxes & money coming to NYC to make up for Conor's BS

Are the UFC interested in making it up to them? Dana doesn't seem like the kind of guy to offer an olive branch after they flexed their muscle to banish their preferred replacement headliner Felder.

Also wouldnt the high taxes be a bad thing on a huge show that they want to generate top dollar?

Going ven the ridiculous prefight buildup I think they might prefer to play it safe and have it in Las Vegas where they dont have to worry about prefight shenanigans leading to a fight being called off like they do with NY

Are the UFC interested in making it up to them? Dana doesn't seem like the kind of guy to offer an olive branch after they flexed their muscle to banish their preferred replacement headliner Felder.

Also wouldnt the high taxes be a bad thing on a huge show that they want to generate top dollar?

Going ven the ridiculous prefight buildup I think they might prefer to play it safe and have it in Las Vegas where they dont have to worry about prefight shenanigans leading to a fight being called off like they do with NY

Re: taxes
The last two years the MSG card was priority (for obvious reasons), they knew NYC cost/taxes for years & spent millions trying to get in the state

It is not an "olive branch" as much as smart business.
If they let Conor off with fines and community service (PSSA's), having the fight in NYC goes a long way as far as consideration to how severe he should be punished

is 228 the 25th ann show?

there is zero chance conor fight in 2018 cant give kevin lee the shot unless between now and then he wins a fight that he made weigh for. khabib first defence will be vs eddie dustin winner.

the real problem with nunes vs cyborg is cyborg wont risk nunes beating her. so that fight is off.

im sure rose would much rather fight Karolina Kowalkiewicz 2

you could have dj vs cejudo at 228

so far woodley not said if he cleared to get ready for a return vs who wins at ufc 225
230 will likely be the 25th anniversary at MSG

What I'd prefer:

Main:
- Woodley vs. RDA (if RDA wins)
- Cyborg vs. Nunes (if Colby wins)

Co-main: Rose vs. Andrade

EDIT: I'd be happy with Rose as the main. Awesome fighter with actual skill and athleticism for a female.

What I'd prefer:

Main:
- Woodley vs. RDA (if RDA wins)
- Cyborg vs. Nunes (if Colby wins)

Co-main: Rose vs. Andrade

EDIT: I'd be happy with Rose as the main. Awesome fighter with actual skill and athleticism for a female.
Gtfo with that WMMA

I think if that happens, it will be in NYC in November for obvious reasons
1. Huge Russian community
2. The publicity the bus-gate had in NYC
Conor is never stepping foot in NY again unless it is a court appearance

That's a pretty shit card for being "ideal". Low standard PPV. Would not buy but would stream the main event and would skip 2/5 fights. I'm not watching WMMA on my ideal card or bloated Mark Hunt

Conor is never stepping foot in NY again unless it is a court appearance

Psst: that is in June (14th) & why I say the fight will be in November so NYC can make millions off the incident

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back