What ever happened to the Red Scorpion (Alexey Ignashov)?

JohnMandick

Interim Saku belt
@red
Reaction score
He had some huge wins.

KO'd Semmy with a knee for fucks sake. KO'd Badr.

I was watching something last night and saw him. Totally forgot about that guy.

What's he been up to? Why the long layoff?

He is a scary motherfucker.

I can’t believe Kaoklai actually fought him.

He actually fought last week and won in Bellator Kickboxing.

Like Yodsanan said, he killed his career with alcohol.

Alexey is my all time favorite HW Muay Thai fighter.My Russian is awful but I remember reading an interview with him years back.It was not just the alcohol that killed his career. He had a lot of injuries especially knee injuries. If you follow his career his physique started to look like shit since late 2003 he started gaining a lot of weight and could only fight economically. Alexey like most fighters was really poor , but he was not dumb.Its hard to explain but the way he talked about Muay Thai like art he had a certain intelligence to him, I think he actually finished university in Belarus and has a degree in History If I remember correctly. I remember him also talking about taking fights while being injured because he did not have any money. I think he is 1-1 with Peter Aerts in k1 , he beat Remy Bonjasky in Muay Thai , he also beat Daniel Ghita in the finals of the World Muay Thai championships. Its such a shame he started drinking while he was injured according to him studying and training was all he did threw most of his life so when he couldn't train anymore alcohol and women filled that void I guess.

He should have gone into boxing or MMA if he needed more money. Back then he probably would have made splashes at least in MMA. Just look at Crocop

He should have gone into boxing or MMA if he needed more money. Back then he probably would have made splashes at least in MMA. Just look at Crocop
Alexei tried mma as many other K1 fighter from that time, cant remember exactly but he had some success but nothing big.
it was frustrating to watch some of his fights after 2006 when he was a shell of his old self just standing in ring and taking beatings without really engaging.
Used to love how technical he was, one of greatest talents, he was supposed to become one of best ever.
Anyway will always be a fan of his. go Alex

When people talk about "greats", he rarely gets a mention from Kickboxing forums, other than "he could have been" but in fact, he achieved a lot in HW Muay Thai and anybody watching him can see how intelligent he was in all of his fights.
For me, he is incredible.

Did he ever get KO'ed?

Always remember even when he went to crap he still rarely got hurt.

He should of been to K1 in the 00s what Aerts was in the 90s.

Back