What ever happened to Yudai?

kenshinx90

Takezo
@Blue
Reaction score
That rhymed. But seriously If anyone does recall, their was a fighter by the name of Yudai that defeated Kenji Kubo and Hiroya. He seemed promising but then just disappeared without a trace:(, its sad.

He retired as a kickboxer in late 2011 after going undefeated as a pro (12-0-1) and capturing the NJKF belt. I've heard he was trying to become a lawyer.

No clear reason given for his retirement, but its likely that with FEG collapsing around that time, he didn't really see a sustainable career in kickboxing. Which is a shame as guys of that generation that stuck with it (e.g. Noiri, Koya Urabe, Takeru & Kimura to a lesser extent) went on to become big stars.

Then again, who knows what happens down the line. Kenji Kubo went on to return to K-1 and start up his own K-1 gym with K-1 Japan gaining steam. The Ishida brothers are starting to become active in kickboxing again and trying to make it to K-1 Japan. If only we get back Kusakabe and the all important Akimoto... and if someone finds wherever Shota Shimada is hiding.

Ah thank you for the closure. He went on fighting much longer than I thought, I've got a scope out some videos.

Back