What exactly is different about Black History month than any other month?

Women's march and BLM goes hand in hand...
giphy.gif
NxmNY.gif

I'm just curious as to why they picked February for this

I would say it's not needed, but then I remember that in my junior year of HS, the state of VA still celebrated the state holiday LeeJacksonKing day....

this was the year 2000, and they had the audacity to celebrate Rob Lee and Stonewall Jackson on the same day as MLK Jr.

No, i'm not making this up
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee–Jackson–King_Day

It happens to be the best month in which celebrating the awesome coolness of Billy Dee Williams is most appropriate

He is a Star Wars icon. Not sure he needs a month. I also never realized how old he was! I bought the original trilogy on bluray and looked him up on imdb and was shocked that he had like 6 years on Harrison Ford. He's like 81 now.

Asians muderfucker!!! We prefer to be called Asians!!! We're not a fuckin' rug... lol

:) Why is that? 'Asians' and 'Orientals' are the same thing. You can buy 'Asian' rugs also. Like Holland and Netherlands. Two names, one country. I think 'Orientals' sounds more sophisticated.

:) Why is that? 'Asians' and 'Orientals' are the same thing. You can buy 'Asian' rugs also. Like Holland and Netherlands. Two names, one country. I think 'Orientals' sounds more sophisticated.

Holland is a region within the Netherlands.
I used to think they were interchangeable.

Serious question here: what is different about Black History month than any other month?

The only thing I noticed was YouTube having a Black History month logo next to the Youtube logo. I haven't noticed anything different about public television. Not noticed politicians doing or saying anything different. Local newspaper seems the same as always.

So could folks list what exactly is different ?
Are highschool kids learning a bit more about Black America and or Africa in history class?
We should be promoting multicultural month, not <insert race here month> for recognition, doing literally zero for race relations. It's a old and worn out way of trying to give attention to an minority class but it falls on deaf ears because the way of the future is multicultural, mixed race society and through better education, the internet and peoples real lives put on display through social media, we can evolve together as one.

We should be promoting multicultural month, not <insert race here month> for recognition, doing literally zero for race relations. It's a old and worn out way of trying to give attention to an minority class but it falls on deaf ears because the way of the future is multicultural, mixed race society and through better education, the internet and peoples real lives put on display through social media, we can evolve together as one.

No , lets have every month as multicultural month then. I mean if you think 1 multicultural month is good, then 12 are better.

The ultimate white guy rebuttal video
"WE CAN GET RID OF RACISM IF WE STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!" {<jordan}
It would be a lot more helpful for everyone if some of you actually look at whats said instead of reacting emotionally.

Think rational for once, think about how much better things would be if we didn't fret over such petty things.

No , lets have every month as multicultural month then. I mean if you think 1 multicultural month is good, then 12 are better.
What? Multicultural month is for everyone. Just have one once a year. What's the obsession with needing something every month?

You have some inner demons in you sir.

Back