What fighters truly dedicate their life to the sport?

You might think it’s a joke but some people really need marijuana to help treat certain conditions such as anxiety, ADHD, and other medical conditions.
I don't care whether he smokes marijuana or not. But it is also a lifestyle for a certain subset that includes Nick, and he clearly expressed a greater commitment to that lifestyle than to MMA.

I like watching both Diaz brothers fight. But I don't see them as any kind of MMA paragons.

I don't care whether he smokes marijuana or not. But it is also a lifestyle for a certain subset that includes Nick, and he clearly expressed a greater commitment to that lifestyle than to MMA.

I like watching both Diaz brothers fight. But I don't see them as any kind of MMA paragons.
He’s been fighting while taking marijuana his entire career. You can’t just assume he suddenly chose marijuana over mma one day just because you don’t understand the medical benefits of marijuana.

He’s been fighting while taking marijuana his entire career. You can’t just assume he suddenly chose marijuana over mma one day just because you don’t understand the medical benefits of marijuana.

He said it, not me.

Khabib has been training since he was 6. Basically bred into it. As we're several Russians. Zabit... They went thru some brutal ass childhoods.

Am I the only one who thinks you would have to be kind of an idiot to dedicate your life to cage fighting?

No, it's about being the best you can be. It's about giving your 100% to whoever employs you/patronizes your business. If a person picks cage fighting or dentistry, that's on them. The standard is still the same.

Actually all of them
IMO you want to know which fighter is most disciplined rather than who is more dedicated to martial arts
Mighty Mouse is a good example
The Machida bros
I find Edson especially dedicated

Most indisciplined
Johnny Hendricks
Gastelum

Travis Fulton (300+ mma fights and more than 60 boxing fights)

not training 247 but still....that record is something else

Some dweebs on the internet decide who takes it more seriously then others when they only see the fighters for one week every 3-4 months.

The only one I can think of is GSP.

While most fighters live clean during fight camp, as soon as the fight is over they start eating shit, go clubbing and get drunk to celebrate their win or forget their loss. While someone who is completely dedicated would be taking an ice bath and be back in the gym within a few days if they aren't hurt bad. Makes me wonder if isn't a coincidence that almost all the UFC champions are family men who probably don't party much anymore

Clubbing with division rivals
maxresdefault.jpg

Taking his injuries very seriously

maxresdefault.jpg

Is that an ice bath?

maxresdefault.jpg

Yucking it up with celebs

1812612-DSC_0251.jpg

Hangin with da boiis. His dealer is on the right btw

images

GSP to me was more a sportsman, when I think truly dedicated to MMA I think the likes of Wanderlei or Nog.

The only one I can think of is GSP.

While most fighters live clean during fight camp, as soon as the fight is over they start eating shit, go clubbing and get drunk to celebrate their win or forget their loss. While someone who is completely dedicated would be taking an ice bath and be back in the gym within a few days if they aren't hurt bad. Makes me wonder if isn't a coincidence that almost all the UFC champions are family men who probably don't party much anymore

Basically which fighters are on that Bernard Hopkins lifestyle?

The best fighters in the sport are guys like McGregor and Jones bro.

Cormier and Khabib are paper "champions". Especially Cormier.

Everyone knows who the real top dog is. And it's Jon party boy Jones.

The try hards like Cormier always come second to natural talent.

If the ufc and athletic commissions didnt have stupid rules on things like conduct an drug like policies, Jones would be champ champ undefeated + 10 more fights by now. Cormier isn't the best fighter. He's just the best behaved.

if you blow up in weight between fights, you're not dedicated.
Or you should be in a higher weight class.

Johnny Hendricks is a classic example of that.
Fights at 170, but would blow up to 220 plus after a fight.
Wtf? his whole camp is basically him cutting weight.
Even when he went to 185 still couldn't do it.

If you have to cut that much weight... something is wrong.

You might think it’s a joke but some people really need marijuana to help treat certain conditions such as anxiety, ADHD, and other medical conditions.
How many people just use that as an excuse to get high, even rationalize it to themselves?

How many peoples' problems are actually just caused by or 99.9% exacerbated by the weed itself, and then they need weed to feel 'normal'?

How many people are just using weed to counter the effects other drugs, like Homer Simpson taking stimulants to counter depressants, and the problem is actually just drugs?

How many people just use that as an excuse to get high, even rationalize it to themselves?

How many peoples' problems are actually just caused by or 99.9% exacerbated by the weed itself, and then they need weed to feel 'normal'?

How many people are just using weed to counter the effects other drugs, like Homer Simpson taking stimulants to counter depressants, and the problem is actually just drugs?
Have you not listened to one Nick interview?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back