What happened to John Hathaway?

Wow wth I hit up google to verify. He got hit with a serious sentence too man! That guy is done beyond done
by all accounts, he wasn't/isn't a nice person, definitely an old school brit MMA type, who loved the ''cagefighter'' term that brit tabloids used, was a bit of a bully IRL..... {jesus, thinking back, local UK shows used to be filled with so many arsehole tough guys, :rolleyes:}

giphy.gif

also Chrohns

by all accounts, he wasn't/isn't a nice person, definitely an old school brit MMA type, who loved the ''cagefighter'' term that brit tabloids used, was a bit of a bully IRL..... {jesus, thinking back, local UK shows used to be filled with so many arsehole tough guys, :rolleyes:}
A friend of mine was mates with Paul Kelly and through him I met him a bunch of times, before and during his UFC tenure. He didn't come across as a bully I thought, more one of those guys who grew up poor on the wrong estate and wore it on his sleeve like a badge of honor. I never had issues with him but he was a brawler in and outside of the cage. I never trained with him or spent time in a gym with him.

There are some that still maintain his innocence with his heroin conviction, it's been a while now and I can't remember the details, but being 'done up like a kipper' by the local constabulary was mentioned a lot, even in court.

I think he's been in 5 years now? Here is an interesting piece on him from late last year while he was out on day release

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...-the-first-scouser-that-fought-donald-cerrone

That’s funny you mention that. Up north in Minnesota our MMA scene has really changed over the years too. Used to be filled with these tough guy “ cage fighters” that’d act like they are king shit after beating up some local bums lol

If we’re talking brits, what happened to relentless paul Taylor? Dude was an absolute savage, and was almost always fight of the night

He’s 38, and that style isn’t exactly ones that ages gracefully.

Back