What happened to Mike Pierce?

I never knew Toqinho retired Pierce. That's a notch in his belt.

He fought Ryan Laflare after the loss to paul harris. He didn't get retired from that fight.

Pierce was tough. He gave kos and pre-usada Hendricks some of their toughest fights. Lost to both my split decision.

Hard to say what he is doing today, probably still in Portland area. I think he was teaching at sports lab in portland but they went under.

Probably teaching somewhere in Portland. There is about 20 gyms there.

The reason he was away from the Octagonfor so long wasn't actually because of Paul Harris, but because of a recurring hand injury. He fought LaFlare and lost and is now surfing in the balmy waters of the Northern Pacific, bangin' soccer moms and smokin' trees.

Paul Harris Pierced His Soul

Paul Harris is a strange entity. Has SUB wins over Fitch, Pierce, Shields, and Branch- four fighters who are very difficult to beat and three of whom are known for great grappling games and submission defense (I know Shields fight involves some real shitty shenanigans though). But gets absolutely starched by the awesome viking Meek and Materla and Khizriev.

You could argue he's past his prime perhaps but I actually think it's more of a case of what his career has always been like. He's either the hammer or the nail in his bouts. Not a lot of in between.

He fought after the Palhares fight so I don't think he retired him
Yeah, he fought LaFlare, and before that eh was going to fight Maia, but got injured unrelated to the leg injury.

But Palhares sprained his knee and ankle badly iirc.

The reason he was away from the Octagonfor so long wasn't actually because of Paul Harris, but because of a recurring hand injury. He fought LaFlare and lost and is now surfing in the balmy waters of the Northern Pacific, bangin' soccer moms and smokin' trees.
He was out three or four months from the leg injury is what I remember. Then the hand injury.

Hanging out in Google.

Retired, was still training and balding.

Haven't seen news in awhile.

Back