What has Happened to Steam?

It's not a Steam problem. It's gaming in general. Outside of Spider-man and RDR2, this has been a super dull year for gaming. Nothing is coming out outside of indie games or re-releases for the most part.
The Spider-Man game is really this good in your opinion?

I was an early hater, but I thought Fortnite winning the Golden Joystick GOTY over RDR2 was well-deserved. Epic earned it. It's amazing how well they've kept that game fresh with interesting changes, and maintained strong coding with fantastic online performance throughout.

You can't just look at AAA titles, especially on Steam. My wishlist has about three dozen games on it, just waiting for the holiday sale and time off work.

Their recommendations and personalized queue are good too. Whatever genres you're into, I bet there are dozens of good games you haven't even seen yet. Steam takes some research but it's worth it.

Sadly there's lot of games that fly under the radar.

Check out 'The Last Day of June'. A pretty simple puzzle game in a way, but with a great story and ending twist that hits you right in the feels.

You can't just look at AAA titles, especially on Steam. My wishlist has about three dozen games on it, just waiting for the holiday sale and time off work.

Their recommendations and personalized queue are good too. Whatever genres you're into, I bet there are dozens of good games you haven't even seen yet. Steam takes some research but it's worth it.

Yeah i dont, i have 53 titles in my wish list .. But to be honest most of them dont look to great now. .

We will see ..

Nothing has happened to Steam, it's video games in general that are on a decline.

Devs are running out of ideas for original games, so many sequels/remakes. 90% of the AAA games coming out are FPS, hack n slash, mediocre sports games and fruitless RPGs.

Best thing about PC games is there's probably some awesome game you've never played on a big sale or a permanently reduced price right now. In 2018, off the top of my head, Monster Hunter: World, Hitman 2, and Yakuza 0 are all great, worthwhile games. Lots of great strategy games the past few years too with Crusader Kings II, Total War: Warhammer I and II (Seriously WH2 is amazing and they're have been two content releases this year which have been oustanding), and others I can't think of right now.

It used to be a good platform with constant releases, at least some decent games to choose from.

Especially this time of year.. but theres NOTHING.. last game I bought was back in Aug (Post Scriptum) which ultimately got refund because it was garbage.

Theres NOTHING out.. Fall out 76 is a rubbish mess
Black Out 4 is shite
BF Vagina is utter bullshit..

CSGO, Destiny 2, Pubg are all gonna getting played throughout crimbo... 2018 sucks for gamers... i think its the box ticking SJW's that are in charge of these AAA studios wrecking the landscape turning our golden land into a piece of Normee shit.
How can you blame Steam for the games developers are or are not putting out? It's up to publishers(I think)to choose when to release games and on what platforms. Unless it is a true console exclusive(meaning PS4 I guess, since XBox games all go to the MS store on PC)then it is being released on PC.

The Spider-Man game is really this good in your opinion?

I was an early hater, but I thought Fortnite winning the Golden Joystick GOTY over RDR2 was well-deserved. Epic earned it. It's amazing how well they've kept that game fresh with interesting changes, and maintained strong coding with fantastic online performance throughout.
You mean Fortnite Battle Royale, as they've pretty much quit all development on the actual Fortnite part of the game AFAIK, lol.

How can you blame Steam for the games developers are or are not putting out? It's up to publishers(I think)to choose when to release games and on what platforms. Unless it is a true console exclusive(meaning PS4 I guess, since XBox games all go to the MS store on PC)then it is being released on PC.

Im not blaming them .. Im just disappointed ..

You mean Fortnite Battle Royale, as they've pretty much quit all development on the actual Fortnite part of the game AFAIK, lol.
Naturally.

Blaming steam for not having new good games, is like blaming GameStop.

They don’t make the games lol.

No, your previous post said 'all bought on Day 1.'

If you pay full price for a new game, put a higher priority on playing it.

You're going to feel stupid for beating a $60 game five years after it comes out, and the price is now $10.

I disagree. If you can afford to support games during development and they are making games you like, you should support it IMO.

I bought Inquisitor Martyr while it was Pre-alpha on PC, then bought it again at full price on Xbox.
I bought Space Hulk Death Wing on PC before it was available on consoles, then bought it again on PS4.
(I don't like gaming on PC, which is a separate discussion)

If I want to see developers continue to bring these games out, I need to vote with my wallet. Waiting three or four years for the price to drop to $5 isn't going to encourage them to make more games from the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Last edited:
Back