What if PRIME Shogun vs jon Jones???

Nobody is in their physical prime after multiple acl injuries. He still won some fights. Hell gsp had three more defenses after his acl tear, but he was obviously slower.

Look all of the prime versus past prime nonsense is all meant to somehow diminish how badly he got his ass whooped. He is not beating Jones.. I don’t care if Shogun is 17 years old 27 years old or 37 years old. He is not winning.

Look all of the prime versus past prime nonsense is all meant to somehow diminish how badly he got his ass whooped. He is not beating Jones.. I don’t care if Shogun is 17 years old 27 years old or 37 years old. He is not winning.
lmao...

What u failed to understand is that nobody is arguing with u about this matchup,
but rather about the prime concept... that u simply dont understand...

Jones is a lot bigger than shogun. He's a natural Hw. Shogun would have a far better chance in prime w pride rules for sure, guess it depends on how many eyepokes Jones gets away with.

Jones is a lot bigger than shogun. He's a natural Hw.

How? He cuts about 15LBs to make LHW. Its called WEIGHT classes. Jones is tall and lanky, but he does not weigh that much for a LHW. He has the legs of a BW

A Jones that can juice without testing murders anyone ever

I love how this thread is ripping on Jones as a cheater, as if Shoguns prime wasn’t riddled with PEDs lol

I love how this thread is ripping on Jones as a cheater, as if Shoguns prime wasn’t riddled with PEDs lol

Notice how you failed to call Shogun a cheater? The 'why' of that is what you don't understand.

Lmao Shogun was 29, the current UFC title holder and had just come off a first round KO of a prime Machida. Jones runs over any and every version of Shogun.

Last edited:
I think that's just a bad matchup for him, just saying the idea a guy is in his prime if he's not on a losing streak is silly. So is the idea that the pride guys came over and were somehow embarrassed in the ufc. Nog, Shogun, Rampage, and Silva all held belts.

Most of the guys that came over were already weathered, but still did pretty well in the ufc.

lmao...

What u failed to understand is that nobody is arguing with u about this matchup,
but rather about the prime concept... that u simply dont understand...
Yeah I think Jones beats any version of Shogun, but he had like three acl tears among other injuries. Acl injuries are some of the worst injuries in sports.

You don't think he limited his steroid use in the ufc and a "no drug test" policy he wouldn't benefit from? If jones didnt cycle or have to get obscure steroids and did them as much as he wanted we would see a different Jones.
No, nobody thinks that because it's stupid. There's no "cycling less steroids so I don't get caught" You're either on them or you're not, and we know Jones was on them.

I think that's just a bad matchup for him, just saying the idea a guy is in his prime if he's not on a losing streak is silly. So is the idea that the pride guys came over and were somehow embarrassed in the ufc. Nog, Shogun, Rampage, and Silva all held belts.

Most of the guys that came over were already weathered, but still did pretty well in the ufc.

Oh yes pride guys came over and did just fine. I am not saying otherwise. The issue I have with the pride fans is they act like any loss in the UFC means nothing. Because all of them were at their peak in pride. That is complete and total horseshit.

Prime Shogun was 2009, not Pride. Even his manager said that. And Jones is just way too big. Shogun cut just a few pounds against Machida the first time they fought, when he was in amazing shape. If Rocksalt and Sonnen were able to make 185, Shogun could've but was never that committed.... still my favourite fighter of all time.

Notice how you failed to call Shogun a cheater? The 'why' of that is what you don't understand.

Who cares. PEDs are PEDs. Jones didn’t do anything shogun didn’t do.

And. Yet. Jones is the better fighter. Gasp.

Jones fucks up shogun knee by oblique knee , then make him to tap by strikes again.

Jones is a lot bigger than shogun. He's a natural Hw. Shogun would have a far better chance in prime w pride rules for sure, guess it depends on how many eyepokes Jones gets away with.

Pride Gloves are anti-eyes pokes..
Z1Jpzhm.jpg

How? He cuts about 15LBs to make LHW. Its called WEIGHT classes. Jones is tall and lanky, but he does not weigh that much for a LHW. He has the legs of a BW
Jones loses more than 15 lbs to weigh in. He's huge for a lhw. Look at him vs gus... Who is tall and lanky. Bo es could easily fight at Hw. He's like 6 inches taller than shogun and juiced to the max.

Back