What if the 1997 WCW roster took on the 1997 WWF roster under MMA rules?

Figure you have to do a champion versus champion fight, so Hart-Hogan, Hart by submission. Steiner split with Severn/Shamrock, Meng versus Blackman could go either way. I’d go tie or 3-1 WWE. But, they might fuck it up and send Dr. Death out there to get beat again

Split? Ken Shamrock and Severn probably beat anyone at the time.

WWF wins by just having those guys.

Split? Ken Shamrock and Severn probably beat anyone at the time.

WWF wins by just having those guys.

I think Shamrock was a little bit past it by the time he entered wwf, a bigger, faster, stronger guy with a solid wrestling background wears him down at that point.

Just imagine that these two wrestling promotions agreed to do a one off

Fight card:

• 8 fight card
  • The top 4 wrestlers from each promotion would take each other on in singles matches.
  • 1 Tag team match
  • 1 Hardcore match
  • 1 woman's fight
  • 1 30 man brawl involving 15 wrestlers from each promotion, If you fly out of the ring you are out. First team out loses the match.
Rules
  • Takes place in a big wrestling ring
  • Vale Tudo rules with gloves Optional. No time limit, No judges, infinite referees (in case one gets knocked out!) for regular matches
  • No interference
  • Same rules for tag team matches and the 60 man brawl.
  • Hardcore rules for the hardcore match, all traditional wrestling weapons are allowed
Who do you think would win?

Now I have played a lot of Fire Pro wrestling and can safely say that
WCW wrecks WWF 5-3 because of the Steiner Bros

I think you are Russo and you forgot Brawl for All

You are right about the Steiners but they were not top in 1997 WCW (Nash, Hall and Hogan and Flair or Sting)

On the other side we got HBK, Austin, not sure who else would be ‘top’.

http://www.solie.org/wwf97.txt

Please refrain from squabbling over this as it were a local tough man contest. The academic answer’s Shamrock or Severn. I could see Bret, Blackman, Steiners or anyone with actual credentials being a hard opponent though. There’s a reason the bar room brawlers weeded out of the UFC as the organization grew.

Bart Gunn knocked out every so called tough guybtye WWF had in 98.....c'mon now.

Meng kills everyone on both sides.

And he doesn't even take a break.

WCW also had Juvi (3x All American at Tijuana State).

Dean Malenko vs Owen Hart - winner Malenko
Bret Hart vs Arn Anderson - winner Bret Hart
Undertaker vs Kevin Nash - winner undertaker.
Steven regal vs Ken Shamrock - winner Shamrock

Steiners vs Ron Simmons and Sid - winner Steiners

Hardcore
Vader vs Meng - winner vader

Women’s Madusa vs Luna Vachon winner madusa

Fuck the brawl

Bart Gunn knocked out every so called tough guybtye WWF had in 98.....c'mon now.

Billy Gunn said that he told Vince, "I know what's gonna happen. Bart is gonna knock everyone else out. If you want this to be a shoot, you can't let Bart in this"

They basically laughed in his face, and he's telling them "No, seriously, you're not in the bars with him. If he connects with that left hand, guys are getting knocked out."

But JR had everyone convinced that Dr Death is the toughest man in the history of everything, not including Danny Hodge

Dr. Death was slowed drastically by blowing his knee out vs Bart Gunn. I’d be interested to watch that fight again to see when it started to go down hill.

if WWE 1997 includes Shamrock and Severn, then I'd go with WWE. Meng is tough, but bar fight tough, which is great in its own right but would still succumb to professional fighters.

IDK, but I always wondered how Bret Hart would've done in MMA. Had a solid collegiate wrestling career and all the guys who were trained by Stu Hart also trained actual catch wrestling. If he shedded the beach muscles I think he would've been a decent middle or welterweight.

Billy Gunn said that he told Vince, "I know what's gonna happen. Bart is gonna knock everyone else out. If you want this to be a shoot, you can't let Bart in this"

They basically laughed in his face, and he's telling them "No, seriously, you're not in the bars with him. If he connects with that left hand, guys are getting knocked out."

But JR had everyone convinced that Dr Death is the toughest man in the history of everything, not including Danny Hodge
JR worked himself like a fucking mark thinking Death was legit.

Dr. Death was slowed drastically by blowing his knee out vs Bart Gunn. I’d be interested to watch that fight again to see when it started to go down hill.
He blew it out when Bart landed a low single I believe.

Back