What if the NRA went away?

The irony of someone dismissing the opinion of anyone who disagrees with them as invalid being scared of totalitarianism n is almost too incredible to believe .
And why is that? Did you have a straight face typing that? I think you're a fool, but don't want you locked up and put in a gulag for it.

The left loves to shit on the NRA and have cute chants like "Hey Hey NRA, how many did you kill today?"(answer is always 0 btw). They also make the claim that NRA has bought congress and the senate, as if Marco Rubio was anti-gun until that sweet $5,000 campaign donation changed his mind. They give to the candidates who already agree with them to help their campaign, they don't control how pro-gun or anti-gun a candidate is. It's the same reason planned parenthood gives 100% of its donations to pro-abortion democrats.

So what would change if the NRA went away? Is it just that it would be easier to take away constitutional rights? What would disbanding the NRA solve?

Except politicians are all whores that are bought easily. Didn't have that written on your dry erase board didja?

<seedat>

Out of curiousity, which part of that ad do you think is incorrect?

Here are the claims of the video:

1. The mainstream media misinforms viewers and attacks alternative news.
2. Schools are run by mostly lefties who attempt to influence students with their values.
3. Award shows, comedy shows, and most entertainment (Hollywood) is used to push liberal values and to attack the President of the US.
4. Obama endorsed the resistance against Trump.
5. Liberals like Antifa marched against Trump and Trump supporters, shouting things like racist, sexist, xenophobe, etc., and engaged in violence and the destruction of property.

I can see a person perhaps saying that there are some exaggerations, but all of these claims are more or less true. This leads me to believe that you're a shill.
I think a problem is calling these people liberals. I understand the meaning of the term in the USA but it still feels wrong. Libertine values and left-wing violence aren't inherently liberal, in fact, violence is inherently anti-liberal.
I think that maybe exposing some of these liberals as non-liberals or simply idiots would be a good strategy.

I think a problem is calling these people liberals. I understand the meaning of the term in the USA but it still feels wrong. Libertine values and left-wing violence aren't inherently liberal, in fact, violence is inherently anti-liberal.
I think that maybe exposing some of these liberals as non-liberals or simply idiots would be a good strategy.

You are correct, they are leftists not liberals.

It might be time to form a better firearms enthusiast association.
The NRA is its own thing and I don't like what that thing has become.

I think you have a bit of a naive view about money in politics. Of course the NRA influences politics, why would they bother spending so much money otherwise?

It might be time to form a better firearms enthusiast association.
The NRA is its own thing and I don't like what that thing has become.
There already are alternatives, and have been for some time.

If the NRA was dissolved, the conversation would probably be slightly less vitriolic, since there would be one less platform for videos like that recent one talking about armed revolution against the liberal thugs and their fake news, etc. But I don't think it would mean all that much.

I don't think "revolution" is le mot juste when we're talking about the supporters of the gov't and the general power structure taking up arms against the media and the public.

How many conservative administrators were involved in running the public school you attended?

Personally, I've never met a single conservative that cashes a Government paycheck (military excluded).

If someone works for the government, they have a clear incentive to see the government grow.

This is why government employees can be counted on to always vote for the expansion of government power.

Last edited:
Can you give us any reason you think these things? Is there any direct connection between sovereign citizens and NRA rhetoric?

The NRA employs extreme rhetoric that paints the government and political parties as oppressors coming for their guns and stripping their rights. This is right in line with sovereign citizen terrorist propaganda. Where do you think sovereign citizen people are first exposed to this type of thinking, that the government is out to oppress their rights? Is it those liberal public schools? The liberal mainstream media? No, I don't think that could be. Maybe its the organization that makes videos like the one @Trotsky posted that starts the radicalization and sends Americans down the rabbit hole to extremism and violence.

The NRA has become a far right propaganda machine employing soft recruitment and is increasingly becoming cult like in their fervor. Even when their party they support holds all branches of government they stoke the flames of fear among their cult members.

While this is true, it's important to note that $ 'people' give to the IRA is a lot less than what companies and other organizations give them.

At this point they are little more than a lobbying arm for the gun industry.
All of that money would be meaningless without the millions of active, supportive, voting members that will vote for the candidate that has the best NRA grade.

Personally, I've never met a single conservative that cashes a Government paycheck.

I have a lot of military in my family and extended family. All of them cash a government paycheck and most of them are conservative.

But yes, in terms of most of the civil service, it is clear that a large majority are liberals.

The NRA employs extreme rhetoric that paints the government and political parties as oppressors coming for their guns and stripping their rights. This is right in line with sovereign citizen terrorist propaganda.

Much like the ACLU protects First Amendment rights when the government attempts to strip them away. The government has certainly tried to do so before.

Where do you think sovereign citizen people are first exposed to this type of thinking, that the government is out to oppress their rights? Is it those liberal public schools? The liberal mainstream media? No, I don't think that could be.

What I'm reading here is that you have a lack of evidence to support your claim. It was a flimsy accusation.

Much like the ACLU protects First Amendment rights when the government attempts to strip them away. The government has certainly tried to do so before.

What I'm reading here is that you have a lack of evidence to support your claim. It was a flimsy accusation.

What is flimsy is your inability to recognize that the NRA is an fear mongering propaganda machine that's becoming more extreme. They are to far right extremism what radical Imams are to Islam.

What is flimsy is your inability to recognize that the NRA is an fear mongering propaganda machine that's becoming more extreme. They are to far right extremism what radical Imams are to Islam.
Radical imams incite people to violence. Can you show where the NRA does anything similar? Can you point to any NRA fatwas calling for the blood of elected officials they oppose?

The only one I see fear-mongering here is you.

The irony of someone dismissing the opinion of anyone who disagrees with them as invalid being scared of totalitarianism n is almost too incredible to believe .

Someone discounting or discrediting your opinion =\= totalitarian behaviour imposed by the state.

Your attempt at a "gotcha" failed miserably.

The left loves to shit on the NRA and have cute chants like "Hey Hey NRA, how many did you kill today?"(answer is always 0 btw). They also make the claim that NRA has bought congress and the senate, as if Marco Rubio was anti-gun until that sweet $5,000 campaign donation changed his mind. They give to the candidates who already agree with them to help their campaign, they don't control how pro-gun or anti-gun a candidate is. It's the same reason planned parenthood gives 100% of its donations to pro-abortion democrats.

So what would change if the NRA went away? Is it just that it would be easier to take away constitutional rights? What would disbanding the NRA solve?
The NRA is nothing but a lobbyist now.. helping corps make money.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have a lot of military in my family and extended family. All of them cash a government paycheck and most of them are conservative.

But yes, in terms of most of the civil service, it is clear that a large majority are liberals.
Good caveat. I'll edit my post now.

All of that money would be meaningless without the millions of active, supportive, voting members that will vote for the candidate that has the best NRA grade.

Oh Lord, that is just horribly naive.

Hundreds of millions of dollars of lobbying money is going to have an enormous impact no matter how few voters interests are effected by it. Most of our tax code, as well as a lot of other legislation, is written at the behest of lobby money, and it benefits virtually no one other than the large corporations throwing out the dosh.

Back