What if the NRA went away?

Good - get rid of the NRA

Less and less business won't support them so in turn the NRA hardcores won't spend money at such businesses

Well where will you go when there's no places left that support the NRA asshole? Live in a tent and forage for food with your gun???

And that's why I'm in favor of changing the constitution through a legal process.
And that's why I donate money, and give time to an organization that will ensure that individual rights won't be infringed just to ease the anxieties of the overly anxious or the vindictive.

The Second Amendment doesn't grant any rights, it's simply enshrines, and protects a natural right that we all possess by virtue of our individuality and exclusive ownership of our own bodies.

And that's why I donate money, and give time to an organization that will ensure that individual rights won't be infringed just to ease the anxieties of the overly anxious or the vindictive.

The Second Amendment doesn't grant any rights, it's simply enshrines, and protects a natural right that we all possess by virtue of our individuality and exclusive ownership of our own bodies.
And that's fine and we can agree to disagree but that doesn't mean I'm pushing for a totalitarian government lol.

It's interesting that people are whining about an organization that is for protecting the second amendment. It'd be like if a person whined about an organization that protects the first amendment. You'd wonder what that person's intentions were.

Edward Snowden agrees with this post.

"Diversity is our strength".

"Those that don't share my politics are immoral".

Good luck with that, America.

And that's fine and we can agree to disagree but that doesn't mean I'm pushing for a totalitarian government lol.
Sorry, I don't agree to disagree.

In fact, I think that's a bullshit out that people use to slither away from an argument that they can't refute, yet they don't want to accept.

Sorry, I don't agree to disagree.

In fact, I think that's a bullshit out that people use to slither away from an argument that they can't refute, yet they don't want to accept.
So you want me to argue with you about your own beliefs? And you don't have to be sorry. I didn't realize we were in the midst of an argument. I am anti gun you are pro gun. What is there to say? You're the one who wants to be radical and label me.

So you want me to argue with you about your own beliefs?
You said "agree to disagree". I don't agree to disagree because the subject at hand is too important.

And you don't have to be sorry. I didn't realize we were in the midst of an argument.

Definition of argument in English:
argument

NOUN
  • 1: An exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.

‘I've had an argument with my father’

‘heated arguments over public spending’
    mass noun ‘there was some argument about the decision’

• 2: A reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/argument

I am anti gun you are pro gun. What is there to say?
Plenty.

One side of this debate wishes only to maintain the rights of the individual, and the individuals property rights.

The other side wishes to impose control, for control's sake.

Does it not give you pause that those who oppose the NRA, are trying to bring about a society that those in power desire?

You're the one who wants to be radical and label me.
In what way have I personally labeled you?

I have labeled the vast majority of the civilian disarmament lobby as overly anxious and vindictive. You need only read anti-gun articles published in any major news publication to see the truth of this.

You said "agree to disagree". I don't agree to disagree because the subject at hand is too important.

Definition of argument in English:
argument

NOUN
  • 1: An exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.

‘I've had an argument with my father’

‘heated arguments over public spending’
    mass noun ‘there was some argument about the decision’

• 2: A reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/argument

Plenty.

One side of this debate wishes only to maintain the rights of the individual, and the individuals property rights.

Does it not give you pause that those who oppose the NRA, are trying to bring about a society that those in power desire?

In what way have I personally labeled you?

I have labeled the vast majority of the civilian disarmament lobby as overly anxious and vindictive. You need only read anti-gun articles published in any major news publication to see the truth of this.
Those who oppose the NRA are trying to bring about a society that those in power desire? Where do you get that from? Republicans have the presidency, the house and the senate and love the NRA.

Those who oppose the NRA are trying to bring about a society that those in power desire? Where do you get that from? Republicans have the presidency, the house and the senate and love the NRA.

Also the judiciary and the finance and energy industries.

The claim only works if "those in power" = the poor and middle class.

Plenty.

I don't want to argue about the gun issue but if you insist on keeping a debate going with posters you should get the opposing position correct.

"The other side wishes to impose control, for control's sake." is a gross misunderstanding of the views most gun control advocates hold. Maybe after you actually understand the side you're arguing against you can have a good conversation but until then you're beating the shit out of strawman arguments.

I'm sure taking the NRA will stop psychotic mass murderers.

<36>

You need only look at the areas of the country where those who opposed the NRA the most, hold the most power (ex: New York City, the State of California, Chicago Illinois). The local governments of those three examples are violating the constitutionally protected, and natural rights of all of their citizens. All three of my examples all have some form of assault weapon ban.

An assault weapons ban is as repugnant to the Second Amendment, as a ban of certain words and phrases would be to the First Amendment.

Right now the state of California has a list of several thousand standard semi-automatic firearm types and models that are illegal for private citizens to own within the state of California. Gun control advocates will make an argument somewhere along the lines of: "You can still own guns in California, so we haven't violated your second amendment."

This would be like the state of California banning over 1,000 words and phrases that could no longer be spoken by private citizens within California, and supporters of this legislation making the argument: "We haven't violated your first amendment rights, because you can still technically speak with in the state of California."

I don't want to argue about the gun issue but if you insist on keeping a debate going with posters you should get the opposing position correct.

"The other side wishes to impose control, for control's sake." is a gross misunderstanding of the views most gun control advocates hold. Maybe after you actually understand the side you're arguing against you can have a good conversation but until then you're beating the shit out of strawman arguments.

If you think an argument is wrong, you should try to demonstrate why you think it's wrong.

The end goal of gun control is, in fact, control. I don't see how that could really be debated, or disputed.

If you think an argument is wrong, you should try to demonstrate why you think it's wrong.

The end goal of gun control is, in fact, control. I don't see how that could really be debated, or disputed.
I didn't say your argument was wrong, I said you are not accurately articulating the view you are arguing against. No one is proposing we put restrictions on gun ownership "for the sake of control" as you stated. If people actually believe that you're correct, we should oppose it.

What people actually want to achieve is to eliminate, to the extent we can, gun violence (particularly among our young, but in general as well). Feel free to argue why they're wrong and again, I'm not getting involved, but you have to get the opposition's view point right.

Lol. What radical positions does the NRA take? Claiming that the Second Amendment allows individuals the right to bear arms is a moderate position.

Also, in what way is their allegedly radical propaganda working on me? I'm far from an extremist.
You're already a lost cause. You're practically a school shooter at this point. Didn't you see that evil email @Edison Carasio posted where that sick son of a bitch was asking for support and for members to pay their dues? If that wasn't a Zoolander "obey my dog" message, I don't know what is. Sure they say they want to protect your constitutional rights, but we all know what that REALLY means. It hasn't worked yet, even though they are really powerful and persuasive enough to control the entire republican party but can't manage to pull off their clear goal of convincing members to murder children, but just you wait, missy.

C9WMP9i.gif

Back