What if the WWE crowds chant "Holly, Holly" at Ronda?

If she could manage to roll with it, it would be great for her ability to play a heel - making her even more popular from that angle.

In other words, she could turn it into a positive easily, and them doing that might work to her advantage. The potential is there for her to flip it on them. Those crowds love their villains.
THIS

I hope Ronda can pull that off. She had a chance to either get over huge, or get tremendous heat. I just hope she can look at this as a business and not as a shot at her as a person... otherwise, she is completely fucked

WWE fans may be ruthless with chants at times, but they are also incredibly desperate for validation of pro wrasslin from MMA fighters. They worship Shayna Baszler as an iconic figure in MMA's history rather than a moderately decent grappler who was well out of her depth when the 'soccermoms doing some boxercise' started getting replaced with actual professional MMA fighters. Matt Riddle is treated as a badass prospect at WW who was on his way to being the champ were it not for scummy Dana's rules rather than a very solid wrestler with little else in his bag of tricks.

When Tom Lawlor starts getting some (deserved) hype I see him being hailed as GOAT MW contender with the hyperbole they attach to MMA fighters who give pro wrestling some respect.

Would that be her gimmick like Swiper in Dora the Explora? Instead of "Swiper no Swiping" it'd just be chanting Holly?

Then as Ronda is about to win her match, Hardcore Holly Holm comes out and hits her in the back with a steel chair

Likely wont happen. Wrasslin' fans dont follow mma closely enough to remember peoples opponents in the ufc.

Wrasslin crowds can be harsh, but i Guarantee you most couldn't even name a single one of Brock Lesnars ufc opponents, for example.

CONFIRMED: I am driving home from the rumble, i was AT Rousey's fight against Nunes with two friends who are here with me, neither of them can even name the girl Rousey fought THAT THEY WERE THERE WATCHING LIVE.

First of all the WWE is an entertainment company. Rousey couldn't even make it in B rate movies but the WWE hopes she will catch on like Ken Shamrock did.

The WWE has been planting people all over every arena they perform. These people are hired to start up chants to get the rest of the audience involved. So I doubt the WWE would want them to start that chant in order to keep her Rousey. If Rousey can't pull in extra people to the arena and she sucks as much as she did in this recent introduction to the WWE that was pretty pathetic they will probably get that chant going just so she picks up and leaves.

THIS

I hope Ronda can pull that off. She had a chance to either get over huge, or get tremendous heat. I just hope she can look at this as a business and not as a shot at her as a person... otherwise, she is completely fucked
She is completely fucked.

One thing it would prove is that many Wrestling fans are MMA fans.

Would LOVE it and start watching rasslin' again.

It would be epic. I say she gets triggered like this interview and rushes off the wrestling ring. Good luck to her though..

fUloVaL-Imgur.gif
F00CA403-3F05-4084-9DC6-ABFDDFD33FD9.gif

or... "you got knocked out" *clap clap clap clap clap* and repeat.

that would suck.

But then again... I really doubt that she hasn't thought about this possibility and how she would handle it.

If the fans turn against her it 100% will happen, so both Ronda and WWE need to be very careful how they handle her.. she has to be a babyface, but not so much that it becomes like Cena or Roman Reigns where the fans see through the bullshit and still boo them.

She also needs to not have any more meltdowns in interviews any time someone mentions MMA, that's just a bad look to fans.. she has to address the elephant in the room sooner or later.

I'll laugh my ass off dude I'm not gonna lie. For her sake I hope it don't happen

I'd rather them chant Miesha <36>Since Ronda has a sincere disgust for her. Make it happen, Vince<VinceCa$h>

Yes this!

I think even RRR saw that Holly is a good gal after all, no one can say anything bad towards Holly. It's not gonna work. Rather hear Amanda's name, who actually disrespect her and won over her. And the utmost chant would be Miesha, they genuinely hate each other and with a good reason from Ronda.

It would be epic. I say she gets triggered like this interview and rushes off the wrestling ring. Good luck to her though..

I think she's such a great actress, all those faces she make when asked about losses, seems like overreacted or exaggerated from her. Marketing. But I love that attitude!

Back