What If There Was A Fixed MMA Promotion?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hypothetically, what if someone ran an MMA promotion like WWE? A television show designed to look like a real athletic competition but behind the scenes every fight was actually fixed and pre-determined?

Obviously they would have to admit to the public that it was fixed since it's actually illegal to fix MMA fights, and the viewer would be required to suspend disbelief whenever they watched it, but still. I'm sure the people that chose to participant in it would do no worse than WWE talent does in making their punches and kicks look authentic enough. And it means that shit like stalling and lay and pray wouldn't happen as often.

Most of all, the promoter(s) wouldn't have to worry about a charisma vaccum or a boring fighter dominating in front of half-empty arenas. They could manipulate things so that the most charismatic and the most entertaining fighters were always on top.

What do you think?

Just watch Donnie Yen movies or the next John Wick.

I dont see the diffetence between what you describe and WWE.

lol The fuck was this Wastelanded for? It was a genuine question.

"Wasteland should not be considered a demotion, but rather a more appropriate place for the discussion"

That's what the rule says anyway.

"Wasteland should not be considered a demotion, but rather a more appropriate place for the discussion"

That's what the rule says anyway.

It is indeed a demotion. Virtually no one hangs out here to see what threads end up here.

Early Pancrase had clear fixes and some not so clear ones.

There are lots of ways to fix fights and it still happens in "legit" organizations.

Sooooooo......... The WWE?

<3>

Are you trying to say the outcome is predetermined? It's very different than fixing fights.

What's the difference? You're controlling the outcome and who wins and loses.
I can't believe this has to be explained.

In WWE both participants know the result of the match, how they get to that finish is generally up to the two in the match but one wrestler knows they're putting the other over in the match.

Fixing a fight is buying off judges or the other fighter (generally not informing the fighter the fix is in favor of that they are going to win)
It's also corrupt as fuck

I can't believe this has to be explained.

In WWE both participants know the result of the match, how they get to that finish is generally up to the two in the match but one wrestler knows they're putting the other over in the match.

Fixing a fight is buying off judges or the other fighter (generally not informing the fighter the fix is in favor of that they are going to win)
It's also corrupt as fuck

Yeah no shit. I know how a WWE match is structured.

'Fixing' is just another word for planning out the match ahead of time. If you read my post, it's clear what I meant. There's not really room for any confusion.

Yeah no shit. I know how a WWE match is structured.

'Fixing' is just another word for planning out the match ahead of time. If you read my post, it's clear what I meant. There's not really room for any confusion.

No. It's not the same thing, at all. Fixing a fight and a predetermined fight are two different things.

And to answer your question, it's a stupid idea. You should feel bad for having it.

No. It's not the same thing, at all. Fixing a fight and a predetermined fight are two different things.

And to answer your question, it's a stupid idea. You should feel bad for having it.

They are exactly the same, you don't know what you're spittin'.

No. They aren't, at all. This shouldn't be difficult.

No wonder this trash is already in the wasteland

Fixed = the result is fixed, i.e. determined behind the scenes beforehand.

Just because people have gotten in the habit of using the term to refer to a specific kind of 'fixed' doesn't mean that represents the only definition of the word.

Fixed = the result is fixed, i.e. determined behind the scenes beforehand.

Just because people have gotten in the habit of using the term to refer to a specific kind of 'fixed' doesn't mean that represents the only definition of the word.

You are a persistent little mosquito. Make a better shit post next time, child.

As are you, my friend. I only keep posting because you keep responding. Once you accept that you're wrong, I will stop.
You'll almost certainly never stop being an idiot. You had something explained to you and you still don't get it. Pitiful

Back