What if.....

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So in the greatest most dominant country in the world we have our beautiful 2nd Amendment. For you third worlders, that grants us the ability to bear arms. I was thinking todays about lasers, and how powerful they already are. We have lasers that can easily melt right through metal. What if someone invents an affordable, extremely lethal gun that user lasers in stead of bullets? Like a laser so powerful the beam bullet would just melt right through anything within a 100 mile distance.

Would it be protected under the 2nd Amendment as still a gun? or would it be classified as a WMD and immediately banned?

A weapon that can melt through metal up to 100 miles. Hmm I wonder if that'd be legal!...wtf do you think!? The 2nd ammendment is going to shit and you wonder if such a weapon would be legal. Seriously dude wtf

They'd regulate the shit out of that. I imagine the "real" versions would be military use only. They're not letting regular dudes own laser guns that could melt through a safe or vault.

They'd regulate the shit out of that. I imagine the "real" versions would be military use only. They're not letting regular dudes own laser guns that could melt through a safe or vault.

I don't think fully automatic weapons are even legal to own under most conditions.

A laser gun is getting shut down as soon as it gains popularity.

I don't think fully automatic weapons are even legal to own under most conditions.

Yep. It's not like citizens can legally own all the tech we have now. Good luck getting a missile launcher or a tank, grenades etc. The right to bear arms, not the right to be a walking tank

So in the greatest most dominant country in the world we have our beautiful 2nd Amendment. For you third worlders, that grants us the ability to bear arms. I was thinking todays about lasers, and how powerful they already are. We have lasers that can easily melt right through metal. What if someone invents an affordable, extremely lethal gun that user lasers in stead of bullets? Like a laser so powerful the beam bullet would just melt right through anything within a 100 mile distance.

Would it be protected under the 2nd Amendment as still a gun? or would it be classified as a WMD and immediately banned?

No you wouldn't ban them, you'd just start the NLA and arm police with lasers that could operate from 200 miles.

Citizens already can’t own weapons of mass destruction like bombs, missiles, land mines, grenades. Fully automatic machine guns require special licenses.

The 2nd amendment is not going anywhere but I’m sure a laser like that would fall under the same laws as bombs and missiles.

Third worlders don't need the 2nd amendment. We just build them in our backyard like free men.

paltik-6.jpg

Lasers are stupid. Pretty sure China installed a railgun onto a ship earlier this year. Now they just need to shrink that shit down

526832-quake-iii-arena-macintosh-screenshot-railgun-kill-is-quic.jpg

It's a stupid question because such a weapon would require insane amounts of power
This would make it absolutely not portable (Energy density by volume and weight is a hard upper limit)
And you can't get enough power by plugging into a wall socket or generator either.
Plus the provision of lasers is limited by power output in both US federal and international law.
So GTFO

What if you were really a Jedi and somebody gave you your dads lightsaber and you could cut through anything or use it like baseball bat. Then you could use the force and kill Storm troopers from miles away.

The obvious technical limitations aside, the government would just limit the power of civilian models until they couldn't tan a ginger.

Then guys would 3D print the required parts to make them pew pew better, and distribute for free on the internet.

Funny you say that, because I was reading about this earlier in the month:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...ism-chinese-academy-of-sciences-a8427071.html

Chinese researchers are working on a new handheld laser weaponcapable of burning skin and clothing from up to half a mile away, according to its developers.

Boasts about the high-powered laser rifle's capabilities come amid a diplomatic row between the US and China over the use of blinding lasers on military aircraft.

The new laser rifle will be used by anti-terrorism squads in the Chinese Armed Police, the South China Morning Post reports, with prototypes of the device already being tested at the Xian Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Shaanxi province.

Screen-Shot-2018-07-02-at-9.39.18-AM.png

They are, needs to be pre 1986, they cost a lot of money. Cheapest is probably 6k or some, an M16 is about 20-30k. You just have to do the ate paperwork.

Good luck getting a missile launcher or a tank, grenades etc. The right to bear arms, not the right to be a walking tank

You can also buy those as well, just need the paperwork and $.

Yep. It's not like citizens can legally own all the tech we have now. Good luck getting a missile launcher or a tank, grenades etc. The right to bear arms, not the right to be a walking tank

I own 2 sets of bear arms.

Good luck on you, wife, kids etc not getting shot by one of these new lasers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back