What is a good brand 4k TV to buy?

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I figured I'd pick up a Sony, Samsung or LG but can't find any of this brand in my town. I was just gonna buy one of the subpar brands they only sell in my town for some reason. Decided I'd just keep my money though and not risk it. Ill wait for a quality brand to come in one of the stores hopefully after Christmas.

What's the more reliable brand to choose from with 4k? I said LG Samsung and Sony because I've owned all 3 and never had a problem. Also limited stock to choose from where I live and those are the 3 best brands I can find, just not in 4k currently.

Sharp is one of brands they sell 4k of as well was just unsure if they make quality tvs or not so I didn't buy it

Buy whatever Costco sells. I think they have some extra warranty or something like that. Same if you buy via MasterCard or AMEX.

Sony. No baloney.
71c9be76ffaa68027d66615de27de1e3.jpg

Depends on your budget. Vizio M-series has probably the best picture quality for a mid-range TV ($1k for 65"). If you have more cash to burn, LG has some OLED models that look really nice ($2700 for 65"). I usually shop online. More selection.

LG OLED - #1
Samsung OLED - #2 (close)
If budget is a problem Vizio actually makes some very impressive units

LG OLED - #1
Samsung OLED - #2 (close)
If budget is a problem Vizio actually makes some very impressive units

Yea I was looking at best price for the quality. Will check out the Vizio for sure

Yea I was looking at best price for the quality. Will check out the Vizio for sure
Gotcha. IMO, for the money, Vizio is the boss. Other companies make some better sets but usually not for anywhere NEAR the same ballpark price wise. Unless you can find a crazy sale.

Check out rtings.com. They do some great reviews.

Good luck!!

Sony is overpriced

Samsung QLED
and lg OLED are goat

Depends on your budget. Vizio M-series has probably the best picture quality for a mid-range TV ($1k for 65"). If you have more cash to burn, LG has some OLED models that look really nice ($2700 for 65"). I usually shop online. More selection.

naa Vizio now owned by a chinese company and the P-series is pretty....interesting .

Buy whatever Costco sells. I think they have some extra warranty or something like that. Same if you buy via MasterCard or AMEX.
This, also Costco double the manufacture warranty, and the concierge service will facilitate your repair or replacement. While most stores have a healthy profit margin on most TV's, all products in costco only have a 14% margin on them. They make the bulk of there money off membership fee's and customer loyalty.

They had some great 4k TV deals, when I was in the other day. I have actually heard great things about the 55" TCL 4k HDR, for under $500. Th The Samsungsey use the same panel as the more expensive brands.

This, also Costco double the manufacture warranty, and the concierge service will facilitate your repair or replacement. While most stores have a healthy profit margin on most TV's, all products in costco only have a 14% margin on them. They make the bulk of there money off membership fee's and customer loyalty.

They had some great 4k TV deals, when I was in the other day. I have actually heard great things about the 55" TCL 4k HDR, for under $500. Th The Samsungsey use the same panel as the more expensive brands.
I've heard of some assholes taking some used beat up thing they bought from Costco for refund long after they bought it.

I've heard of some assholes taking some used beat up thing they bought from Costco for refund long after they bought it.
I had a 5 year old LCD projection TV that they returned. The bulb died within a year, and turned out Panasonic had a known defect with it, so they replaced it, and gave it a new 5 year warranty. 4 years later the bulb craps out again, I contact Panasonic, and they refuse to fix it. I called Costco concierge service, and they speak with Panasonic directly, and they try to fight the repair, and offer me $400 towards a new Panasonic TV from Panasonic site only. I say no because I want to buy from Costco, and Panasonic refuses the repair. Costco went back and forth with them over 3 days, then just called me and said bring it to the store. They took my issue all the way to the head TV buyer who called and threatened to not buy any Panasonic TVs for the next season, so instead of just paying for the new bulb, Costco made them pay, what I paid for the TV 5 years earlier, when TVs were quite a bit more expensive. I ended up getting a new 60" Plasma with full 4 year warranty, and a extra $800 in my pocket. Amazing customer service.

I had a 5 year old LCD projection TV that they returned. The bulb died within a year, and turned out Panasonic had a known defect with it, so they replaced it, and gave it a new 5 year warranty. 4 years later the bulb craps out again, I contact Panasonic, and they refuse to fix it. I called Costco concierge service, and they speak with Panasonic directly, and they try to fight the repair, and offer me $400 towards a new Panasonic TV from Panasonic site only. I say no because I want to buy from Costco, and Panasonic refuses the repair. Costco went back and forth with them over 3 days, then just called me and said bring it to the store. They took my issue all the way to the head TV buyer who called and threatened to not buy any Panasonic TVs for the next season, so instead of just paying for the new bulb, Costco made them pay, what I paid for the TV 5 years earlier, when TVs were quite a bit more expensive. I ended up getting a new 60" Plasma with full 4 year warranty, and a extra $800 in my pocket. Amazing customer service.
<mma4>

That's great! I bought a bunch of CREE LED bulbs that were supposed to last way longer than normal bulbs, but like 4 or 5 flaked out in less than 5 yrs. They replaced them though for free. Mailing them back to them would have costed me money.

Sony on the other hand had two PS3 Dualshock controllers' left analog stick flake out in less than one year, and I had to pay to mail them for warranty service and they mailed me back someone else's used refurbished controllers. If I wanted used, I would have bought used for less money. That's fucked up.

Hisense and hitachi make great 4k tvs for under $500 55"

Back