What is a good brand 4k TV to buy?

I figured I'd pick up a Sony, Samsung or LG but can't find any of this brand in my town. I was just gonna buy one of the subpar brands they only sell in my town for some reason. Decided I'd just keep my money though and not risk it. Ill wait for a quality brand to come in one of the stores hopefully after Christmas.

What's the more reliable brand to choose from with 4k? I said LG Samsung and Sony because I've owned all 3 and never had a problem. Also limited stock to choose from where I live and those are the 3 best brands I can find, just not in 4k currently.
Samsung and Sharp are the other highly trustworthy brands that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Samsung and Sharp are the other highly trustworthy brands that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks. I have a Samsung now and it's great. Sharp was the one I was unsure about, hopefully I can get one on boxing day.

I got an LG ULTRA HD on Black Friday. Really liking it so far, and it’s also HDR active.

I buy Sony for 2 reasons. The primary reason is that they have the best upscaling hands down. The whole issue right now with 4K is you are rarely using a 4K feed so your average picture quality is much more dependent on the quality of your upscaling. Secondarily it seems like the tvs refresh rates overall are much more forgiving for gaming. There are exceptions among other tv manufacturers but I have not had any problems with any Sony tv I have owned in regard to input delay. (I've seen some crazy high ones from other brands though so I'm wary)

I buy Sony for 2 reasons. The primary reason is that they have the best upscaling hands down. The whole issue right now with 4K is you are rarely using a 4K feed so your average picture quality is much more dependent on the quality of your upscaling. Secondarily it seems like the tvs refresh rates overall are much more forgiving for gaming. There are exceptions among other tv manufacturers but I have not had any problems with any Sony tv I have owned in regard to input delay. (I've seen some crazy high ones from other brands though so I'm wary)

like i said, nothing wrong with sony. The price point is borderline insane

Most of the electronics I own are samsung. That said, I've even caught them making a shit monitor. I'd never buy a TV sight unseen. if you see it in person and like it, it's fine.

My 4k TV is a Sony, and it's perfect.

like i said, nothing wrong with sony. The price point is borderline insane

I'm not against other brands btw. I told my friend to buy a Samsung because at his price point it was the best option.

No. Too small for a 4k TV. No wide color gamut, 60hz, not very bright.

Its not good

At least get a lower mid range lg like the sj8000

I hear 60 hz is overrated. Most game run at 60fps or less on console. I need something smaller to fit my entertainment center enclosure. I really want it for the HDR10.

The Toshiba I was looking at was a 50 but I would have to get new stand for that and it doesn't have true HDR.

Also, I am on a budget.

I hear 60 hz is overrated. Most game run at 60fps or less on console. I need something smaller to fit my entertainment center enclosure. I really want it for the HDR10.

The Toshiba I was looking at was a 50 but I would have to get new stand for that and it doesn't have true HDR.

Also, I am on a budget.

what is it? ill go on the hunt. Also what are your thoughts on the vizio p

Also, I am on a budget.
You're not on PC, so you absolutely do not need anything above 60Hz.

I actually did a lot of research recently for this exact topic. The Samsung ks8000 65 inch was considered the best TV under $2,000 for 2016. It would sell for about 1400 to 1600 brand new from an authorized seller.

Samsung for some reason made the 2017 successor which was the q7f series slightly worst while raising the price $1,000. I don't understand why they did this, the ks8000 was a bestseller and critically-acclaimed. They basically said screw it we don't care and made the 2017 Edition worst quality while raising the price $1,000.

The Vizio p was about 95% as good as the ks8000 series. The 2017 edition of the P-Series is exactly the price of the old ks8000 series. It's the best mainstream non OLED TV you can get for under $2,000.

If your budget was higher you could also look at an entry-level OLED on sale. I've seen some of the LG OLED from $2000 to 2300 at Costco Microcenter and Sam's when there on sale. Bang for your buck it's significant worst than the vizio P series but if you plan on keeping this TV for awhile the improved black colors and improved viewing angle might be worth it but only if you have extra money to spare. I've watched 4K Blu-ray on both TVs and the picture quality isn't that far apart to be honest

How do you feel aboot lg?

i did see a ks8000 for around that much....but it was cybermonday -_-

https://www.amazon.ca/LG-Electronic...&ie=UTF8&qid=1511911604&sr=8-4&keywords=lg+4k

Thanks for your help bud. Got home after work and looked at some models, crunched some numbers, did my due diligence and was impressed with Samsungs 6 series models for the price point.

Went to Best Buy today to peruse some floor models. Of course they were out of LGs completely and they didn't have any Toshibas on display either but I don't really want an inferior brand.

Settled on this..

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...t-tv-un50mu6070fxzc-dark-titan/11474515.aspx?

It's $100 over budget but can't really skimp on these things and I am getting a raise soon anyways so meh..

It's just a good sale price and looked nice all around. Not a huge Samsung guy but I can't really say anything bad about them either.

Rtings.com said it was a good gaming and hdr gaming panel too relatively at this price point, which would have been a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for your help bud. Got home after work and looked at some models, crunched some numbers, did my due diligence and was impressed with Samsungs 6 series models for the price point.

Went to Best Buy today to peruse some floor models. Of course they were out of LGs completely and they didn't have any Toshibas on display either but I don't really want an inferior brand.

Settled on this..

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...t-tv-un50mu6070fxzc-dark-titan/11474515.aspx?

It's $100 over budget but can't really skimp on these things and I am getting a raise soon anyways so meh..

It's just a good sale price and looked nice all around. Not a huge Samsung guy but I can't really say anything bad about them either.

Rtings.com said it was a good gaming and hdr gaming panel too relatively at this price point, which would have been have been breaker for me.

Samsung is always GOAT for gaming. LG has a better OS and better screens...sorta....

Back