What is a good martial art for someone with a head injury.

So I showed my cousin this post and here was her response:

I'm not some sissy I see more red flags than any of those people.
Don't tell me to read a fucken book. Can you comment that " first of all I'm not an ignorant sissy so don't treat me like an idiot.
I've done every sport known to man. I know what I can and can't do in regards to my brain. I'm wanting to learn hand to hand combat for many reasons but the main one is I was molested for years and he and his family still harrass me. A book won't help.
Yes I know how to shoot and use pepper spray. For those guys who think I can't notice things. I notice way more than you can imagine don't underestimate me or my drive! I've been through hell and back. If you want to give advise make it good not some "she's a girl and can't help herself crap""

Don't tell me to read a fucken book. Can you comment that " first of all I'm not an ignorant sissy so don't treat me like an idiot.
I've done every sport known to man. I know what I can and can't do in regards to my brain. I'm wanting to learn hand to hand combat for many reasons but the main one is I was molested for years and he and his family still harrass me. A book won't help.
Yes I know how to shoot and use pepper spray. For those guys who think I can't notice things. I notice way more than you can imagine don't underestimate me or my drive! I've been through hell and back. If you want to give advise make it good not some "she's a girl and can't help herself crap""

Tell her to drop the attitude. She can be mad at us all she wants - but at the end of the day if she takes up a martial art, gets a head injury and dies, then we're not going to be the ones that advised her to take it up.

It's nothing about being a girl, or what you can notice or what you've been through. People die in martial arts who don't have holes in the back of their skull. You can't be effective in hand to hand combat without full contact sparring - and you can't have that without blows to the head.

Fuck_6f3870_6616984.gif
Did not mean to offend, and those are good books though. I admire the attitude she has, accomplish your goals girl but do be real fuckin careful ok!?! Stakes are high. Since it sounds like she's gonna follow through, best advice I can give is maybe learn in one on one privates with a very experienced teacher. Bjj would be best I suppose.

Last edited:

maxresdefault.jpg

She sounds like a complete tard. Had thought about what I would recommend but with this attitude really just fuck off girl. You dont need a martial art but someone teaching you manners.

She sounds like a complete tard. Had thought about what I would recommend but with this attitude really just fuck off girl. You dont need a martial art but someone teaching you manners.
LOL savage!!

Haha. I hate to be that guy who kicks someone when they’re down but she definitely sounds like someone who has a brain injury. The person recommending books was actually dishing out some legit advice

Post pics of your cousin, so we can give proper advice

Haha. I hate to be that guy who kicks someone when they’re down but she definitely sounds like someone who has a brain injury. The person recommending books was actually dishing out some legit advice
All women have brain damage ;)

I am hoping I can get some assistance from some experts. My cousin who is in her 20's is wanting to take up a martial art.

Here is the issue.
She has had surgery and now has no bone in the back of her skull (she will obviously have to get medical clearance from her Dr. as it could def kill her.

As much as I would love to recommend Jiu Jitsu to her I know a take down could cause her to hit the area and that would not be good.

She is interested in Krav Maga but I do not know enough about it to know if there are head blows or take downs etc.

I thought about a weapons style art like bushido but lets face it, who walks around town with a sword on them.

Any assistance would be helpful...Thanks

Jiu jitsu is the way. All she needs to do is let the instructor know she can't handle head trauma and start from guard or top guard. I trained at a school that did it like this to avoid injuries from take downs and it worked well.

Capoeira?

Wing chun without sparring?

Padwork and heavybag sessions at a good boxing or mt gym?

Jiu jitsu is the way. All she needs to do is let the instructor know she can't handle head trauma and start from guard or top guard. I trained at a school that did it like this to avoid injuries from take downs and it worked well.
Nah, someone pointed out earlier why BJJ isn't suitable either, back of your head - or in her contact her literal brain - in contact with the ground with only a bit of skin protecting it

Well she sounds like a massive c*nt.
Hope she try’s boxing.

I am hoping I can get some assistance from some experts. My cousin who is in her 20's is wanting to take up a martial art.

Here is the issue.
She has had surgery and now has no bone in the back of her skull (she will obviously have to get medical clearance from her Dr. as it could def kill her.

As much as I would love to recommend Jiu Jitsu to her I know a take down could cause her to hit the area and that would not be good.

She is interested in Krav Maga but I do not know enough about it to know if there are head blows or take downs etc.

I thought about a weapons style art like bushido but lets face it, who walks around town with a sword on them.

Any assistance would be helpful...Thanks
There is no combat sport for her if she has any goddamned sense left.

Back