What is Brandon Quick's reputation in 2014?

JustSomeGuy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I remember several years ago there was some controversy about him and 10th Planet. But flash forward several years, it looks as if he has shifted gears and received a black belt from JJ Machado student, Jaime Walsh.

http://bjjtree.com/JamieWalshFrames.html

So in 2014, what is Brandon Quick's reputation as a BJJ instructor?

I don't think anyone has ever really called him on his skill as an instructor, his chokes dvd seemed pretty well recieved & I like the videos he posts on youtube.

But in a sport that values black belts earned through long training, you can expect long memories. Brandon did some shady shit & got exposed, things like him calling people out on Sherdog asking what their belt level was also doesn't help him.

I could care less about politics. But the BJJ community is pretty close knit. He could be a John Danaher in terms of teaching skill but I doubt he will be forgiven, especially by those who remember what he did.

He's a piece of shit. Human garbage.

Last edited:
Once a fraud, always a fraud.

You don't just "accidentally" become a fraud on that level.

He lied about his rank in 2009, saying he was a brown belt, when he knew the guy he got that rank from was a fake black belt.

This is him at NAGA in 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sCnFEapeZ8

Brown Belt yeah right lol.

3 years later in 2012 after shopping around for years he finally finds someone willing to give him his black belt.

His reputation is that of a fraud who belt shopped and now he's got some schools, and oh yeah one of his affiliates was banging a 14 year old student in the bathroom of the school last year.

He also lied his ass off about his military service. See a trend here? Fuck him, he's a bum.

In Riley Bodycomb's DVD set he is teaching a seminar at Brandon Quicks school about leg locks. You see him in the video asking questions. Afterwards he claims him self as a leg lock master and releases a DVD set of rehashing the stuff on the Riley DVD at 3x times the price.

I don't think anyone has ever really called him on his skill as an instructor, his chokes dvd seemed pretty well recieved & I like the videos he posts on youtube.

But in a sport that values black belts earned through long training, you can expect long memories. Brandon did some shady shit & got exposed, things like him calling people out on Sherdog asking what their belt level was also doesn't help him.

I could care less about politics. But the BJJ community is pretty close knit. He could be a John Danaher in terms of teaching skill but I doubt he will be forgiven, especially by those who remember what he did.

So...how much less could you care?

I heard he runs one of the local tournaments. Anyone know which?

American Grappling Federation?

Agf, yep.

He reffed a couple of matches of mine. I got kneebah'd by a guy in the gi (at purple), and he did a good job of waiting until i tapped to do the dq. Seemed weird in the moment, but he was absolutely right.

Guy that got dq'd then had to face a teammate, won, and then faced me again in the final. In the ibjjf i think a dq kicks you from the bracket, but it gave me an opportunity to triangle the kneebar guy, so i didn't mind.

http://kcmmaforum.wordpress.com/

PART 1 of 3: The American Grappling Federation Brown Belt Invitational 2014 Falls Apart

Brandon Quick arranged an 8 man brown belt tournament with guys cutting to 180lbs and driving in from all over for a $1000 prize the sends out a last minute email saying "reminder $125 at the door". None of the competitors were told about it until last minute.

Luckily another guy took this scrapped tournament and fixed the issues and got sponsors and a location to hold the tournament.

[YT]8Vi0ScrEmuk&list=UUCkCdWwf-TZ9fdxcqQxeNaA[/YT]

Last edited:
As a side note, KCBJJ's Travis Conley appears to have won every match by sub. Huge props, damn.

This match in particular is one of the best grappling matches I have seen.

[YT]GAFD0zW9l0g&list=UUCkCdWwf-TZ9fdxcqQxeNaA&index=5[/YT]

LOL, someone doesn't know the film was based off another character.

As a side note, KCBJJ's Travis Conley appears to have won every match by sub. Huge props, damn.

This match in particular is one of the best grappling matches I have seen.

[YT]GAFD0zW9l0g&list=UUCkCdWwf-TZ9fdxcqQxeNaA&index=5[/YT]

That is my favorite match I've ever done. (I'm the other guy in the Captain America Rashguard).

The KCmma articles tell the whole story for everyone to make their own minds up about Mr. Quick.

http://kcmmaforum.wordpress.com/201...-3-how-the-nogi-throwdown-was-made-in-2-days/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back