What is Brandon Quick's reputation in 2014?

"While deployed in Operation Iraqi Freedom Brandon taught combatives to US Navy Seals, Special Forces, Army Rangers, Infantry, Cavalry and Marine Infantry." - from his site I guess.

"Brandon,

My name is TFG, and I am retired Special Forces LTC. It has come to our attention that you have made claims of being Special Forces Qualified, yet despite our research can find no record of you ever having attended the school. While our research shows a great deal of contraversy over your martial arts qualifications, we are unconcerned with these claims and only ask that you: 1, Produce a DD-214 or orders awarding you the 18C mos / qualification, 2, come to our forum (Not a martial arts forum, but a forum for Special Operations folks of all flavors), join the forum and apologize. If either course of action is elected we will part ways and never hear from one another again. If not, we will continue to collect information on your claims and submit this information to the appropriate US Attorney for prosecution under the Stolen Valor Act. Once you have rectified this situation, I will be glad to post on your MMA forum that you have made the claim, but have rectified the situation and we are glad that you have resolved the situation. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]"

(http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=91308)

His response:

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Brandon Quick wrote:

The unfortunate thing about forums is it is soley used for gossip, drama and occationally people just truely talking. The people who have attacked me on the internet have twisted my statements and even gone as far as posting pics of my family and making horrific remarks. Mma.tv is completely biased and even has a moderator deleting posts by myself and others making me look even worse. Unfortunately, a guy took a picture of a post, a single post I made and not the entire conversation...very deceiving. Anyhow, we were speaking of schools that I went to when I was in the Army in that conversation and places I had been. I did go to SF selection and aimed for SF engineer. This did not work out and shortly after my unit deployed to OIF 1. I do apologize for the statement and especially that the drama on a jiu jitsu forum spilled over into military matters. I too have buried friends while serving and do not wish to cause discredit to any unit of our armed forces. Once again I do apologize. On another note, I deleted your profile because I did not want any problems from some wierdo from a forum but I checked you out and therefore I am responding to you.
Happy Holidays
Brandon Quick

And then a link to a screenshot where they say he first claimed to be sf:

http://s979.photobucket.com/user/MF28_2009/media/BrandononhisMilitarybackground2.jpg.html

I can't fathom lying about a belt. It's got to suck to get tapped by lower belts, all while claiming you're something impressive.

This happens everyday to real upper ranks, what's the difference? Haha

"While deployed in Operation Iraqi Freedom Brandon taught combatives to US Navy Seals, Special Forces, Army Rangers, Infantry, Cavalry and Marine Infantry." - from his site I guess.

"Brandon,

My name is TFG, and I am retired Special Forces LTC. It has come to our attention that you have made claims of being Special Forces Qualified, yet despite our research can find no record of you ever having attended the school. While our research shows a great deal of contraversy over your martial arts qualifications, we are unconcerned with these claims and only ask that you: 1, Produce a DD-214 or orders awarding you the 18C mos / qualification, 2, come to our forum (Not a martial arts forum, but a forum for Special Operations folks of all flavors), join the forum and apologize. If either course of action is elected we will part ways and never hear from one another again. If not, we will continue to collect information on your claims and submit this information to the appropriate US Attorney for prosecution under the Stolen Valor Act. Once you have rectified this situation, I will be glad to post on your MMA forum that you have made the claim, but have rectified the situation and we are glad that you have resolved the situation. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]"

(http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=91308)

His response:

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Brandon Quick wrote:

The unfortunate thing about forums is it is soley used for gossip, drama and occationally people just truely talking. The people who have attacked me on the internet have twisted my statements and even gone as far as posting pics of my family and making horrific remarks. Mma.tv is completely biased and even has a moderator deleting posts by myself and others making me look even worse. Unfortunately, a guy took a picture of a post, a single post I made and not the entire conversation...very deceiving. Anyhow, we were speaking of schools that I went to when I was in the Army in that conversation and places I had been. I did go to SF selection and aimed for SF engineer. This did not work out and shortly after my unit deployed to OIF 1. I do apologize for the statement and especially that the drama on a jiu jitsu forum spilled over into military matters. I too have buried friends while serving and do not wish to cause discredit to any unit of our armed forces. Once again I do apologize. On another note, I deleted your profile because I did not want any problems from some wierdo from a forum but I checked you out and therefore I am responding to you.
Happy Holidays
Brandon Quick

And then a link to a screenshot where they say he first claimed to be sf:

http://s979.photobucket.com/user/MF28_2009/media/BrandononhisMilitarybackground2.jpg.html

So he did "go to" SF school, as in he was on the premises at one point.

I was in 'Nam.

hell yeah.

BQ basically called him a sandbagger.

My instructor felt like he was saying that brandon thought his technique was not a purple belt (meaning he felt like he was saying he was supposed to still be a blue)

Either way its disrespectful the way he said it

He fraudly claimed a brown belt back in the days, from a non-existent instructor guy from the army. As far as I remember he even falsely professed that he served in Iraq with the Us army, which made a lot of people even madder at time.

An all around fraud as you can see

I can verify that he did not lie about his military service, I was in Iraq with him

I can verify that he did not lie about his military service, I was in Iraq with him

Huh. A first post on a 3 year old thread by a new member defending a discredited coach. There's nothing suspicious about that at all.

he told me IN PERSON during a seminar in england many many years ago that he was an army RANGER and that he was shot in the shoulder during combat. He lied about his skills and his belts, fuck him

I had an instructor who shared a story when he was a purple and BQ was a "brown"

my instructor said he tapped him out with an americana and that Brandon literally said "you don't deserve the belt you are wearing"

Granted I'm sure BQ was outweighed by 40 lbs, at most, but who the fuck says that.
wow. that's disrespectful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back