What is Dillashaw's situation right now?

Osiris3657

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He won by 1st round KO 2 1/2 months ago, he should be signed to a fight. Based on the main events scheduled for the remainder of the year, it doesn't look like he's fighting again until 2019. Is the UFC really trying to put together a Cejudo/Dillashaw fight?

If they insist on doing that, they should at least schedule fights so TJ has a challenger lined up to fight him in the Spring. Cruz vs Moraes and Garbrandt vs Assuncao should be added to the NYE card to figure this out.

Although if I were matchmaker, I'd say to hell with Cejudo/Dillashaw and give Moraes the title shot. Assuncao vs Cruz for the next title challenger

He's married and has a kid.

TJ-Cruz rematch is the fight to make, if Cruz gets healthy again...

My guess is cejudo or Cruz is next..I'm hoping for Cruz tho as cejudo barely beat DJ in my mind and has unfinished business there and cruz vs tj is unfinished business as well..people still forget how good Cruz is

TJ-Cruz rematch is the fight to make, if Cruz gets healthy again...
Cruz should be about 3rd or 4th in line for a TS. How does he go from having a fight scheduled with Jimmy Rivera at 219 to jumping the line and getting another TS? The fight with Jimmy never happened, Cruz pulled out again.

Ducked by Cruz and MM.

He run out of competition.

He won by 1st round KO 2 1/2 months ago, he should be signed to a fight. Based on the main events scheduled for the remainder of the year, it doesn't look like he's fighting again until 2019. Is the UFC really trying to put together a Cejudo/Dillashaw fight?

If they insist on doing that, they should at least schedule fights so TJ has a challenger lined up to fight him in the Spring. Cruz vs Moraes and Garbrandt vs Assuncao should be added to the NYE card to figure this out.

Although if I were matchmaker, I'd say to hell with Cejudo/Dillashaw and give Moraes the title shot. Assuncao vs Cruz for the next title challenger
Well obviously he's not fighting before 2019, every event is set till Jan. I'd expect his return in the first quarter of the year.
That being said the ufc has alot title of fights they're going to be looking at for jan/feb/mar. dc vs brock, woodley vs colby, Rose vs Andrade, Whittaker vs Gastelum, and unless it's vs tj Henry really should be fighting someone, Khabib too unless he's suspended.

The plan has to be Cejudo or Cruz. Whichever makes more sense to Dana.

Cruz rematch, Moraes, Cejudo, the Assunçao trilogy... he has plenty options but nothing seems to get booked, WTF.

They have 2 huge January cards I think he will fight on 1, of them:

-ESPN debut on Friday JAN 18th, will probably need a title fight.
-UFC 233 on JAN 26th, the same night as Fedor vs Bader.

TJ, Rose, Whittaker, Cejudo, & perhaps the HW champ vs Brock will be available to them. These are the only 2 cards in January so I think they will be pretty stacked.

If Mighty Mouse doesn't need surgery, and he hasn't yet, then Cejudo needs to complete that trilogy.

If Moraes doesn't get the next title shot, it should be Marlon vs Cruz in a title eliminator.

Not sure what TJ's situation is.

Unfortunately, TJ is the manlet version of Tyron: A diva who never thinks any of the contenders in his weight class have earned the right to face him yet. He's the worst possible kind of champ.

(In fairness to Woodley, he appears to have learned what a bad look this is and decided to turn over a new leaf. He now says he will face whoever the UFC puts in front of him, no hissy fits.)

Moraes vs Dillishaw in Brazil would make the most sense (fight wise)
Could throw Lineker, Assuncao, Almedia, Garbrandt, Cruz, for a BW themed card

They probably make Cruz vs Tj though

2j32x5d.gif

Credit @Rovert ?

Unfortunately, TJ is the manlet version of Tyron: A diva who never thinks any of the contenders in his weight class have earned the right to face him yet. He's the worst possible kind of champ.

(In fairness to Woodley, he appears to have learned what a bad look this is and decided to turn over a new leaf. He now says he will face whoever the UFC puts in front of him, no hissy fits.)
TJ, Cruz and Cody until they retire. The rest should just move to 125/145.

Back