What is Gustaffson´s best win?

It's funny, when jones beat the same guys, they were dominating performances. Gustafsson beats them (more impressively in the case of glover) and they're old/decrepit.

<Durant35>

because when Jon Jones fought glover, the latter he was on a 20 fight winning streak.

when gus fought glover, glover was coming off the worst loss of his career.

because when Jon Jones fought glover, the latter he was on a 20 fight winning streak.

With wins over who? Washed up hampage? Favreau baldonado? Master-bader?

His win over shogun can be picked apart as well: rua was coming off a huge layoff due to a brutal knee injury which required surgery for the third time. For his win over glover, he spent half the fight poking the poor bastard in the eyes.

With wins over who? Washed up hampage? Favreau baldonado? Master-bader?

His win over shogun can be picked apart as well: rua was coming off a huge layoff due to a brutal knee injury which required surgery for the third time. For his win over glover, he spent half the fight poking the poor bastard in the eyes.

beating someone coming off a 20 fight win streak is unarguably better than beating someone one fight removed from being slept.

as for shogun, JOn Jones finished him, gus arguably lost to him.

beating someone coming off a 20 fight win streak is unarguably better than beating someone one fight removed from being slept.

as for shogun, JOn Jones finished him, gus arguably lost to him.

{<jordan}

The scores for that fight were 30-26, 30-26. and 30-27 if I remember correctly.

How in the hell do you get "gustaffson arguably lost" from that?

I think this pretty much invalidates anything and everything you've said so far (not that it was really worth more than dog shit anyway).

Jon Jones

Rumble IMHO.

tumblr_oo2aneHOV61r7vh24o1_r1_500.gif

Glover imo, although he poked him bad in the eye. Glover beats Manuwa, Shogun and others easily, so for Gus beating Glover who beat Rashad, Bader, OSP and others is a best win right nw

Glover. His footwork and overall boxing that night was beautiful.

{<jordan}

The scores for that fight were 30-26, 30-26. and 30-27 if I remember correctly.

How in the hell do you get "gustaffson arguably lost" from that?

I think this pretty much invalidates anything and everything you've said so far (not that it was really worth more than dog shit anyway).

they were terrible scores. it was 1 round apiece going into the 3rd. but i wouldnt pin you as someone who can watch a fight and come up with a score himself.

Except Glover had won his last fight..

His best performances came against dc and Jones,he doesnt really have a signature win.

Glover for sure.

Gus was missing a real credible top win for quite a while so it's good he got a dominating performance against him.

His resume still hinges on "almosts" unfortunately. It'd be one thing if he could hang his hat on being the undisputed the 2nd best LHW in the world but there's DC and a vacationing Rumble.

I don't say that to put him down, he's a very good fighter with a hard challenge for most with his size, cardio, TDD, and boxing. It's not a skill issue. It's just resume and moreso legacy-wise there could be trouble brewing.

I hope he manages to stay healthy and we see rematches with Jones, DC, and Rumble in the near future. LHW can't afford Gus fighting infrequently.

against a no named opponent. the rumble fight was right before and the KO was brutal.

Yes, just corrected your mistake.

KO loss to Rumble was brutal, true, but Gus gave Glover first easily the worst beating of his career, and then ended it with an equally brutal KO. Poor Glover.

When did this happen?
As you can see, Jones clearly won that fight.

ufc.jpg

jon-jones-alexander-gustafsson-gash-right-eye.jpg

dmgsb2n.jpg

23ldysy.jpg
It's always nice when the delusional haters just point themselves out.

Gus never had Jones in any trouble at any point in their fight. That means Gus has to win by rounds.

Gus lost the 2nd, and he almost got finished in the 4th and faded horribly in the 5th.

That makes it really easy to score it for Jones. The participation medal of giving Jones a tough fight is great, but that's all Gus has.

Hell, Gus had trouble against Jan, you think Gus is close to the best LHW ever? Lol

In hindsight, the Manuwa fight has become more impressive than I realized it was back then.
An old, decrepit Glover or an old, decrepit Shogun.
Shogun was 31 when they fought.
But yeah, I know, ware and tare and knee surgery etc.
But age-wise it's nothing.

And it's the same Shogun that sherdoggers now, 5 years later, are arguing as an alternative for the next title shot because they say Gus doesn't deserve it. :rolleyes:

Hell, Gus had trouble against Jan, you think Gus is close to the best LHW ever? Lol
Gus never had Jones in any trouble at any point in their fight. That means Gus has to win by rounds.
Gus lost the 2nd
I would agree that Gus never had Jones in any serious trouble, while Jones almost finished Gus in the 4th. So I could give the moral victory to Jones.

Round 2 is kinda hard to score though, I don't think it's clear cut.

I thought Gus won the first half and Jon won the second half.

Gus caught a kick and got a leg sweep takedown, got the better of the clinch with Jon dropping to his knees at one point, landed some counter shots with Jon going forward and generally was ahead in the boxing department.

Jon mostly had a high volume of leg kicks. His highlights were landing a hard body kick and two head kicks.

After seeing the fight again a lot of stuff which I thought landed during seeing it previously didn't seem to land that hard - like some of Gus' punches over the top and most of Jon's spinning kicks.

Back