What is the best SNES game of all time?

It's interesting that Super Mario World and Mario 64 are regarded by many people as the best video games on their respective consoles when you consider they're both launch titles.

These days it takes a while for games on newer consoles to hit their stride, like with Uncharted 2 on PS3 or mass effect on 360.

I guess maybe it's a testament to Nintendo's love and devotion to the Mario franchise.

Come on people get the multiplats out of here! I love fighting games and the KOEI games a ton but they aren't pure SNES games.

Put me down with the others saying FF6 and Chrono trigger.

top.jpg

It's interesting that Super Mario World and Mario 64 are regarded by many people as the best video games on their respective consoles when you consider they're both launch titles.

These days it takes a while for games on newer consoles to hit their stride, like with Uncharted 2 on PS3 or mass effect on 360.

I guess maybe it's a testament to Nintendo's love and devotion to the Mario franchise.

If you think about it those games were entirely about gameplay. The story didn't matter at all, so 100% of the development went into the gameplay. Uncharted and Mass Effect had a lot more bases to cover.

Super Metroid
A Link to the Past
FFIII

Too tough of a question. The ones that really got me were probably Super Metroid and FF IV/II, as they brought atmosphere and story elements to a new level in games for me, but I'd say several games are 10/10 quality.

Man thats a hard ass question. I think its all relative really. I liked Super Mario World the best!

Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Super Metroid
A LTTP
Super Mario world

My 5 imo.

I actually collect SNES games. My favorites, and coincidentally most expensive, are Chrono Trigger and Zelda L2tP.

Chrono Trigger.

Only one acceptable answer:

1A. Crono Trigger

1B. Final Fantasy 3

1C. Final Fantasy 2

What an amazing console though, there are probably 20-30 games people could list that would be hard to argue. Maybe more.

for me it would have to be...final fight, turtles in time, super mario kart, x-men-mutant apocalypse, dragonball z super butouden 2...its hard to pick just one...there are few other classics out there...

Norway's pretty far up. Will you introduce me to Varg Vikernes? Maybe afterwards we can go burn some churches.
lol, varg claims he was actually upset at the church burnings and had nothing to do with it....i think he said something like it was norwegian holy grounds? i am not sure...off topic, sorry....

Zelda ALttP - perfect game
Final Fantasy 3 (6) - perfect game
Super Mario World - perfect game
Super Metroid - perfect game
Street Fighter 2 Turbo - played the shit out of it

There are others but not worthy enough to be listed as the BEST SNES game of all time IMO. Never got to play Chrono Trigger (wish I did)...

I agree with those. Crono trigger is a flawless game as well. Completely perfect.

Super Metroid is overrated and I prefer both GBA Metroids.

*ducks behind couch*

Back