What is the best SNES game of all time?

1.- Super Marios World
2.- Zelda
3.- Street Fighter
4.- Mario Kart
5.- Mortal Kombat III

Damn this thread is full of nostalgia. I'll be that weirdo who says Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, even though it's looked down upon.
The game really shouldn't have the words "Final Fantasy" in it. Despite it not being a really great game, I've played it quite a bit. I think if they had just called it Mystic Quest, it wouldn't be so looked down upon because it really doesn't compare to FFVI or FFIV that's on the SNES.

5oiHNH6.jpg

Aww yiss, I'm about to find out real soon.
After playing through most of these classics, I'd have to give the nod to Super Metroid.

Castlevania 4 is also pretty high up on my list. I've played through it the most since it's a relatively short game.

Mystic Quest was made for beginners and that's why most RPG fans (at least the seasoned ones like myself at release time) poopoo-ed it. Squaresoft (or Square back in the day) basically "dumbed" this game down because they thought RPGs were too difficult for Americans and they wanted to make it easier more appealing and make RPG more mainstream.

One of my biggest regrets is getting a Genesis when I was a kid instead of an SNES. It made sense at the time (most of my friends had one, Sonic, uncensored Mortal Kombat, and EA Sports) but I missed out on so many classic games.

YU YU Hakusho Tokubehuten

Gundam Wing: Endless Duel (Super Famicom)

Super Probotector/Contra 3 is my favourite Snes game. Loads of great weapons, bosses and levels. Great fun from start to finish. This, Starwing/Starfox, Super Mario world and Mario Kart were my favourites

hqdefault.jpg

sprob-2.png

11.jpg

My most played were Link To The Past, Killer Instinct, Super CVIV and Street Fighter II.

Bought it for SMW though and it was awesome

Zombie ate my neighbours never gets the love it deserves on these threads.

Final Fight was a dream come true for me. I remember playing the arcade version at the bowling alley with TeTe back in the day.

Zombie ate my neighbours never gets the love it deserves on these threads.

I used to play 2 player on Zombie ate my neighbours with my bro

as well as Super Bomberman 2 and classics like Super SF 2 and Super Mario Kart

I used to play 2 player on Zombie ate my neighbours with my bro

as well as Super Bomberman 2 and classics like Super SF 2 and Super Mario Kart

Yeah Zombies was awesome, one of the best games of the generation in my opinion. The sequel, can't remember the name of it, was pretty good as well, but not a patch on the original.

chrono-trigger.jpeg

When I was a kid, my dad's mistress bought me this to get on my good side. I was too young to even know what was going on with them, but I enjoyed the shit out of this game.

$80 USD at the time. About $130 USD in todays dollars. That is a lot of money.

1. A Link to the Past
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Metroid
4. Street Fighter 2 Turbo
5. Donkey Kong Country

1-3 are a toss up honestly, 3 of the greatest games ever made on any console. I know SNES was huge on rpgs but I dont play them.

if i could only play one game it'd be secret of mana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back