What is the current sentiment on GSP?

He's an all time great but he's not the best. He was never the baddest man on the planet. If you wanna be the greatest, you gotta be the best and the best is the 205 or HW champ. That title goes to Fedor or maybe soon Stipe or Jones.

I can consider a guy in the 5'5" basketball league a great player but never the greatest player.

Fedor is 2-4 in the cage under unified MMA rules, and none of those fights were in the UFC. If that is the record of a GOAT, then I am LOL at your opinion.

Another moron who started watching MMA in 2012 and ignores the fact that PRIDE had the top Heavyweights in the world during Fedor's prime.

Who were these top HWs in PRIDE in 2009 and on?

UFC bought PRIDE in 2007. Fedor was in PRIDE from 2002-2006. During that time PRIDE had the following Heavyweights:

- Cro Cop
- Big Nog
- Hunt
- Coleman
- Randleman
- Kharitoniv
- Barnett
- Werdum
- Igor

The only notable Heavyweights the UFC had during that time were (that I can think of):

- Couture
- Sylvia (Fedor beat him)
- Arlovski (Fedor beat him)
- Mir (Fedor is fighting him, though it doesn't mean anything now)

Fedor is 2-4 in the cage under unified MMA rules, and none of those fights were in the UFC. If that is the record of a GOAT, then I am LOL at your opinion.

Perhaps you didn’t get the memo?? Pride rules bitch. It’s like the greatest thing ever. Yeah go pride.

UFC bought PRIDE in 2007. Fedor was in PRIDE from 2002-2006. During that time PRIDE had the following Heavyweights:

- Cro Cop
- Big Nog
- Hunt
- Coleman
- Randleman
- Kharitoniv
- Barnett
- Werdum
- Igor

The only notable Heavyweights the UFC had during that time were (that I can think of):

- Couture
- Sylvia (Fedor beat him)
- Arlovski (Fedor beat him)
- Mir (Fedor is fighting him, though it doesn't mean anything now)

You know what is funny about all of that fancy math his fans constantly do to counter the argument of him never fighting in the top organization. Is that people come out of nowhere to win fights they are supposed to lose all the time. Mirko was supposed to come in and dominate. People love to rewrite that history but at the time he was supposed to dominate. Out of nowhere this giant unknown Brazilian practically knocked his head into the fifth row of the arena. If Fedor Had signed and fought him everyone would have said “oh easy work”. But maybe not? If that same giant unknown Brazilian had knocked out the Russian, would anybody be saying he is the best of all time? Not likely.

You know what is funny about all of that fancy math his fans constantly do to counter the argument of him never fighting in the top organization. Is that people come out of nowhere to win fights they are supposed to lose all the time. Mirko was supposed to come in and dominate. People love to rewrite that history but at the time he was supposed to dominate. Out of nowhere this giant unknown Brazilian practically knocked his head into the fifth row of the arena. If Fedor Had signed and fought him everyone would have said “oh easy work”. But maybe not? If that same giant unknown Brazilian had knocked out the Russian, would anybody be saying he is the best of all time? Not likely.

The underlined part is exactly how I know you didn't watch PRIDE. Do you need me to link you the rankings? Go take a look at the Heavyweight MMA rankings around 2006 and 2007. You will see basically all of the top 10 being in PRIDE.

Also, LOL at Gonzaga being an unknown. That was a title eliminator dude. The guy has been in the cage with some of the best. Yeah, he beat Cro Cop. He also got his face smashed in by Cro Cop too.

EDIT: Not sure if you are referring to Gonzaga or Bigfoot. Regardless, Bigfoot has some pretty damn good wins too. And the guy had a ridiculous size advantage over Fedor whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

Is he a GOAT or is he a DUCK?

Is he a calculated assassin or an inhibited scaredy cat?

Is he smart or is he an opportunist?

In 20 years time, will people look at him as someone who has done it all, or someone who should have done more?

Does he inspire or does he aggravate?

Did you not watch his fights? He beat everyone and did it for years. His resume is arguably the best in MMA. He is well past his prime and is looking for money/high profile fights. He has earned it and has already cemented himself as one of the all time greats.

Back