What is the current sentiment on GSP?

He had trouble with Bisping until that flash KO. Bisping is like at the bottom of the top contender food chain. What makes you think GSP wouldn't get eaten alive?
A guy who was struggling to have the weight stay on struggled with the champ in his mw debut? Bisping ko’d Rockhold. I can say that whittaker lost to wonderboy at ww. What makes you think gsp wouldnt handle whittaker?

Current sentiment is can't wait to see GSP return against someone worthy of his time. Especially interested in seeing more of his opportunistic finishing side.

giphy.gif

His career and resume says it all.

He's also an easy top 5 at pissing off little girls like JackSctotll, Dozer (and all his alt accounts), IndyCovaHart etc.

Being a fan of GSP is a win win really, two normal birds and one bitch bird with one stone.

I think what he's doing is picking money making fights. I'd prob do the same if I reached that point in my career.

I agree he earned that right. He's a draw, he's a former champion, he's done so much to build this sport and the UFC brand as a fighter and an ambassador. He's a legend, He fights for only money at this point, his legacy has been cemented.

The underlined part is exactly how I know you didn't watch PRIDE. Do you need me to link you the rankings? Go take a look at the Heavyweight MMA rankings around 2006 and 2007. You will see basically all of the top 10 being in PRIDE.

Also, LOL at Gonzaga being an unknown. That was a title eliminator dude. The guy has been in the cage with some of the best. Yeah, he beat Cro Cop. He also got his face smashed in by Cro Cop too.

Gonzaga was not given a chance by anyone to beat the mighty and great Cro-Cop. Only after that loss and then another bad performance against Kongo did all the Pride boys yell, "Cro-Cop is way past his prime, the losses don't count" I would have loved to see Fedor in that spot. Because had he failed, no excuses or MMA Math was going to keep that GOAT label on Fedor.. Nice job on him avoiding it. Although he did get his ass whooped horribly a few years later, and his fans still excused it all..

Current GSP trained to finish, set out to finish, got the finish. Beltless GSP kick the buttocks.

Calling him a duck is retarded. Dude cleaned house for years at WW, which has arguably always been one of the most, if not the most, stacked divisions.

Any fighter whose fans constantly post what do you guys think is definitely not anywhere near GOAT. All GSP fans have some weird bf complex with him.

not sure what my sentiment is but it's the same sentiment i have for Conor and Germaine de Randamie

I know he didn't have too, but could his fans explain something to me? How do choose to argue against him being an opportunist when he happened not to return when weidman or rockhold were champ?

Any fighter whose fans constantly post what do you guys think is definitely not anywhere near GOAT. All GSP fans have some weird bf complex with him.

Just curious, what do his fans have to do with whether he's the GOAT or not? I personally have Fedor as the GOAT, but that's based on what Fedor did, not based on the relative merits of Fedor's fans vs GSP's fans.

I can't see any correlation between how good GSP is and what his fans say on some Internet forum. To state the obvious, none of his fans are in the cage with him when he fights (and probably just as well, most MMA fans would be a hindrance rather than a help in a fight).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back