What is the first album you owned?

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
It could have been given to you, you bought it, you found it in a scrap heap, ect. What was the first album you called "yours".

R-497769-1365442729-9515.jpeg.jpg

I know....cue the American Psycho references. I remember I was 6 and my Aunt gave me this on cassette with a walkman for Christmas.

71cAR9b6XsL._SY355_.jpg

Cue more American Psycho references.

Nirvana - Nevermind. I was a little kid on a visit to the German side of the family and my Uncle Ralf gave it to me. I thought it was absolute dogshit. But years on Nirvana are alright in my books, they made some brilliant stuff

Regatta de Blanc by the Police and Eye of the Tiger by Survivor.

This dates me but fuck it. This was the first record - a single - that i ever bought with my own money. It was also my first 'trip abroad' - a day trip to Germany with my best friend. Sense of excitement and freedom and money to burn. I bought the record in a small record store in Flensburg. It felt like fire in my hands. Inside was like a new and strange person; at once very grownup and also anxious, held the record in my hands like it was a fragile bird nearly the rest of the day, never let it out of my sight for even a second, could not wait to get back home and play it 10.000 times.

Licensed To Ill

AlbumCovers-Beastie-Boys-licensed-to-Ill-%281986%29-Full-Album-Cover.jpg

Still one of my favorite albums too.

That I can recall... the Ghostbusters soundtrack.

Last edited:
The Razors Edge

There may have been other junk when I was 9 or 10 but that's been blocked out and I want to keep it that way. I won't be returning because I know what posts lie ahead and I don't want any ptsd stuff. There was already one above that made me scroll faster.

Last edited:
the first album i ever owned was aerosmith's permanent vacation. the first album i ever bought, was pearl jam's ten album.

The first thing I ever bought was a 45 single: Hall and Oates Private Eyes/Tell Me What You Want.

The first album was H2O by them too.

Regatta de Blanc by the Police was the 1st album I bought with my own money that wasn't given to me. Had a few "Heaps of Hits" type shit given to me before that as gifts.

First album I bought was Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest for the Wicked. Years after it was released, at sale at the local version of Walmart.

Still my favorite album by Ozzy, probably alongside No More Tears.

latest

Fucking thing was $9.99 back in late 80's and I was a young kid making $2 a week for an allowance. Took me over a month of saving up for this bad boy and I listened to it constantly. haha My parents were cool though...bought me a Walk-Man to go with it (~$40) as long as I saved up enough for my first cassette.

It was on cassette and it was .....And Justice For All

1988.. Every 4th grader needed their own copy.

g & r - use your illusion 1 (cassette)

I'm not 100% sure what my first album was but it was probably this.

$_57.JPG

Yes, it's as bad as it looks.

First album I bought was Incubus-Make Yourself, That was 1999 so I was 13 or 14
71%2Bwh7h%2Bc9L._SL1500_.jpg

Back