What is the first album you owned?

Rolling Stones -Got Live If You Want It!

Under my Thumb was the first song I ever took to. I got a live album with it for Christmas.

First studio album and the one that really kicked off my collection was

220px-Green_Day_-_Dookie_cover.jpg

That’s when I started getting albums regularly and became a music fan.

Last edited:
220px-No_Doubt_-_Tragic_Kingdom.png

Let%27s_Face_It_Bosstones_cover.jpg

Can't remember which one came first
<{natewhut}>

Mine was a cassette: ELO - Secret Messages. I remember my older brother was trying to convince me to buy a Judas Priest album.

He bought me George Thoroughgood and ....and justice for all in the years following

I bought singles for years. My first single.

First LP album.....

Billy Idol's compilation album from 1988 called Idol Songs: 11 of the best. The very first song that ever caught my attention was Billy Idol's rendition of Mony Mony. My mom told me I used to say "Mommy Mony song" when I was very little which meant play the song.

But for me Metallica's debut album Kill 'Em All would be the first and for me my all time favorite record and the catalyst for my future listening habits. This was back in and around 1997. That album turned me onto thrash and made me an instant fan of Metallica but also a fan of Heavy Metal which to this day is still my favorite genre of music.

I distinctly remember buying Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em on cassette tape with my dad.

As far as CDs... Hmm. I know my parents wouldn't let me get Dookie, but a few years later I somehow ended up with a copy of Rage Against the Machines Evil Empire. Not sure how I slipped that one through. Besides that it was a lot of Beatles CDs.

2 Live Crew, As Nasty As They Wanna Be.

A friend and I bought it at some now extinct store in the mall. We only knew about Me So Horny from the radio, and that it had the new Parental Advisory label. We were nervous as fuck, but the dude working the counter didn't care.

Art Official Intelligence: Mosaic Thump by De La Soul

Art_Official_Intelligence_Mosaic_Thump.jpg

Nirvana - Nevermind

Probably got it when i was about 10.

Licensed To Ill

AlbumCovers-Beastie-Boys-licensed-to-Ill-%281986%29-Full-Album-Cover.jpg

Still one of my favorite albums too.

Same here. My dad bought it for me when I was 6! Lol.

My first CD:

R-5402528-1395128197-8673.jpeg.jpg

My taste had definitely change. Still a album I listen to.

Not sure but it was either rock and roll over by kiss.

First cassette I actually purchased was DJ Quik - Quik Is The Name

I wrote Metallica on my jean jacket and my dad beat me up for it
my old man usually let my mother dish out the discipline, but I recall him being a little less than happy when he saw this on my jacket.
Fgkkxwh.jpg

CF6E5AC1-ADCA-4C1F-94A2-B7B334453A30.jpeg
I was like 12 and my older brother handed me this and told me “it’s time to learn about music” he didn’t really like their sound per say but he knew I’d like it.

Back