What is the most painful submission hold?

Bicep slicers hurt a lot, but I've never felt a submission that hurt more than the wrist lock I mentioned.

In a case of which causes more pain, personally I think it would come down to the kneebar, or the kimura. An armbarit hurts, but the time in which you could tap is quick. I've seen guys tap the second the pressure is applied, so you don't necessarily feel that much pain, unless your name is Tim Sylvia, in which case you're arm is broken. The knee bar hurts because of the fear behind knowing, that if you don't tap, you may end your own career because of the damage caused. The kimura is just the fear behind it, after all the videos of people getting put into them. A recent UFC commercial shows GSP putting someone in a kimura, and it made me and half my family squint and wince at the sight.

for me it is the kimura, or the americana on my left shoulder, but that is because i have torn cartilage and as a result a diminished range of motion. luckily i have a really srong pec to help keep me out of danger there....as for teh average joe...the heel hook would tear the most ligaments which would have to hurt the most overall

Windpipe choke for me. Hurts all the next day too

Ok, let me get this out of the way first, every submission hold hurts. I've been put in pretty much all of them and vice versa in my grappling class. But in my opinion, the one that would have to hurt the most is the heel hook. A close second is probably the kimura.

The thing with the heel hook is that it requires the least amount of pressure for it to hurt. I don't know if anyone here has been caught in it, but you get a tingling feeling in your heel/ankle that general area that feels like it's about to rip apart.

What are your two cents in regards to the most painful submission hold ?
body triangle? knee on belly?

When he takes your back and whispers...

"I'm gay."

"And I have teh HIV."

Damn what an impressive necro. Almost a decade.

Most painful subs? For upper body joint locks I say wrist locks and bicep slicers. In terms of choke I would say 10-finger guillotines, darces where your figure-four is under their neck instead of on top, and Japanese neckties. For lower body joint locks I say calf cutters.

Heel hook or knee bar.
Eddie move on royler looked painful electric chair

My list of the most painful submissions:
- Partner attempted Tani Otoshi, but wrapped my leg and sat on it instead. Bone contusion, could not sleep for a month.
- Knee bar at full speed and force. Torn calf an hamstring. Could not sleep for a week.
- Spinal or neck cranks. One or two nights without sleep.

My list of the most painful submissions:
- Partner attempted Tani Otoshi, but wrapped my leg and sat on it instead. Bone contusion, could not sleep for a month.
- Knee bar at full speed and force. Torn calf an hamstring. Could not sleep for a week.
- Spinal or neck cranks. One or two nights without sleep.

Who the fuck slams on a knee bar? That's baseball bat in the parking lot level bullshit.

Twister
Calf slicer
Properly done Achilles crush
Facelock

Those are probably what I'd call the most painful.

Most schools ban leglocks don't they
Depends on the region and the lineage. When I first started BJJ over a decade ago, the first five submissions I learned included the ankle lock and the calf crush.

Properly done Achilles crush
Facelock

This young killer I train with caught me in an Achilles lock a couple weeks ago where it felt like my shin would snap in half. Weird feeling. Not too painful bit strange. Tonight same guy put a darce on my face. It fucking SUCKED. I tapped because I'd like to still eat pussy this month.

Most schools ban leglocks don't they
I don't really think so. I haven't ever trained anywhere where leg locks were outright banned. I've traveled to a lot of places too. I have seen though places that follow the IBJJF regulations for leg locks. So this belt can do this leg lock and that belt can do that leg lock. Etc.

The tissue damage is what hurts, the submission used to inflict the damage is just the road that leads to that destination.

That being said, I nominate the wrist lock.

Back