What is the worst customer service?

danboxing

Boxing / Boxeo / Pugilato / Boxe / ...
@Yellow
Reaction score
What is the worst customer service?

• Title
  • Venum

Speaking of worst customer service, I wrote a letter to Santa asking for a Lamborghini Aventador and so far I haven’t received it.

Grant are a bunch of pricks (Seriously it's easier to get in contact with Elvis Grant than it is to get in contact with their customer support). But I imagine that's due to the fact they're in high demand and would get a billion questions a day from windows shoppers.

Sabas I've heard can sometimes be hard to get in contact with but that's usually when you're trying to get a pair made.

Grant are a bunch of pricks (Seriously it's easier to get in contact with Elvis Grant than it is to get in contact with their customer support). But I imagine that's due to the fact they're in high demand and would get a billion questions a day from windows shoppers.

Sabas I've heard can sometimes be hard to get in contact with but that's usually when you're trying to get a pair made.

ud think with the price of a pair of glove youde receive a blow job with your call

I spend hundreds of dollars on title boxing every month and don't believe I've ever had a single problem with them. Their wholesale prices are pretty impossible to beat, and stuff ships quick.

The worst service I've ever encountered is with Bill Beaulieu. I can't think of anyone/company that would even be a distant second place.

I spend hundreds of dollars on title boxing every month and don't believe I've ever had a single problem with them. Their wholesale prices are pretty impossible to beat, and stuff ships quick.

The worst service I've ever encountered is with Bill Beaulieu. I can't think of anyone/company that would even be a distant second place.

Bill was just a weird guy. He was old and came off as standoffish all the time. Not sure whether he meant to come off that way but he did. He also treated Topboxer like shit.

I sent some questions to Sabas. I ve' not received any answer, just newsletters ...

Why the Bill Beaulieu?

Why the Bill Beaulieu?
Does Bill still sell gloves? I never really understood his brand. Weren’t they just made by TopBoxer? If so, why wouldn’t you just order the gloves cheaper directly from TopBoxer, rather than going to a middle man who has to be marking up the price in order to make a profit?

Does Bill still sell gloves? I never really understood his brand. Weren’t they just made by TopBoxer? If so, why wouldn’t you just order the gloves cheaper directly from TopBoxer, rather than going to a middle man who has to be marking up the price in order to make a profit?

You are 100% correct, Bill was just a middleman who made very little off his glove sales if you listen to him... I never fully understand what he was trying to do with the brand.

This is WELL before Top Boxer was selling his own gear directly. Prior to that, you had no choice but to go to Bill to get Top Boxer's gear.

Obviously since Muhammad went out on his own, the choice of who to send money to became crystal clear. I am a HUGE fan of TB's stuff, but back in the day you had to buy from Bill.

Edit: To answer Dan's question, he was rude, had no basic understanding of the internet (like even how to quote a forum post) so communication through email was challenging. He would promise a date for gear and then extend it for weeks. He would send responses in ALL CAPS to call you IMPATIENT and all sorts of weird stuff.

Dude was a middle man who used to name drop a bunch of people he learned from, all the while not personally making the gear that he sold. Terrible to deal with.

Cheapshot couldnt state it more true. But I feel he was very nice in his description. Bill was beyond rude and despite money spent he never developed relationships with regular clients such as myself. Many of us went direct to Muhammad aka Top boxer and froze Bill out due to his inability to atleast pretend to give a crap.

So many of us did and still support top boxer directly and going around the middle man.

Bill would state that he learned his trade from Bob Bobbington when they used to go out to New York to get leather or something but never stated that he actually made gloves. He was just a middleman with connections to the old crowd of the boxing world. In an age where technology has advanced where it has guys like that are a dinosaur that need to be extinct. Elvis Grant taught himself and look where he's got. Guys like Bill didn't like Grant because they never had the idea (I'm not saying Grant is a great person but he's done well).

No need to pick on Bill, guys. Bill was more than just a middleman. He essentially helped open the door for manufacturers like Muhammad, though that may have ultimately led to his business' demise.

Bill is a boxing equipment enthusiast/historian of sorts. The one time I ordered gloves through him (the beginning of the addiction), they came promptly and I paid a fair price. In fact, I think Topboxer charged, at the time, more or less the same price for a custom pair of gloves. He would do QC and make sure that the holes that customs poked weren't too large. What Bill offered during that period of time was Paypal, whereas Muhammad did not. I believe Topboxer now accepts Paypal which has made working with Bill almost obsolete for those of us that prefer Paypal. I know that his communication was not the best, but Bill was and is passionate about boxing equipment, and is constantly trying to find a manufacturer that can produce gloves/equipment for him. To my understanding, he has patterns as well as knowledge from many past glovemakers, among them Al Zimmer of Spartan, as well as the legendary Flores Boxing Gloves. I can't fathom that Dan Mosby would have made gloves for anyone's label, relative or not. The Flores gloves I have with the Beaulieu label are fantastic, and the design changes directed by Bill make for a very unique glove.

From my knowledge, with the closing of Shevlin, Bill was the only person in the States offering custom options at a fair price. He actually really enjoyed Grant boxing gloves and would consistently say how they were his glove of choice, but due to a lack of consistency/change in manufacturing, his admiration of Grant faded. I know his whole spiel was Grant customization at 1/3 of Grants prices, but you were a fool if you ever believed you were getting a similar glove.

I'm not contesting that Bill's customer service was bad for the above, but just not a big fan of the bashing when he's not even here to defend himself.

http://cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/wail1100_bill.htm

I remember one post he said he liked Grants and then quickly the attitude changed.
Bill for me is just an odd bloke who had no people skills.

Back