What is Trump's problem with the Russia investigation?

trident

Water Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Something is not adding up to me here.

Like a lot of people on the "old left" (I don't know what else to call it but the part of the left not involved in new fangled identity politics), I have not seen any there there with the accusations that the Trump team utilized Russian efforts to get elected.

Remember this started with leaked information showing the Democrats manipulating their primary.

That was the crime. Now the Dems have flipped that in an accusation against Trump that no one on the old left believes.

Did Russia meddle in our election? Most likely. But that doesn't mean Trump did.

My personal suspicion is had Clinton won, we would be seeing this exact same scenario. I think that's Russia's plan: to sow doubt in the American process.

So, why is Trump so opposed to the Mueller investigation? Why did he get so upset with Sessions, an early and powerful ally, for recusing himself?

This is where I'm getting a little confused. Nothing would be better for Trump than being exonerated by Mueller.

So why dress down Sessions, even seek his resignation?

The only thing I can think of is if Trump is worried this investigation could turn up something unrelated to the election, but something he wants hidden.

What does sherdog think? What's the explanation for Trumps response to the investigation, his treatment of Sessions and firing of Comey (who, imo, had more to do with swinging last minute voters than the Russians ever could).

If he has nothing to hide, and there are many people who don't approve of him who believe this, what is he worried about?

Trump has a problem with the investigation for one of two reasons:
1.) Has nothing to hide but is afraid that the investigation will hurt his image.
2.) Has something to hide.

Imma thinkin' it's no. 2.

1.) Has nothing to hide but is afraid that the investigation will hurt his image.

Beating an investigation is the best thing for his image.

So it has to be number two

But I haven't seen anything from this investigation or the news that has come out to lead me to believe there was any collusion.

So what's he hiding? Has to be some business deal.

He could be looking at the Starr investigation and understand that these things can take all kinds of turns: real estate investigation leads to blow job.

MSM-Tin-Foil-Hats-678x381.jpg

Of course it's because he has something to hide. Lots to hide is my guess. These type of investigations spiral out in all sorts of directions so you never know what they will come up with.

In Bill Clinton's case they spent nearly 100 million investigating the 100k he made in the whitewater deal and all they came up with was that he had an affair with an intern.

There seems to be WAY more secrets and buried treasure in Trumps background so I expect a fun and interesting ride. Trump is a total disaster as a president but he sure has made the news interesting. Hey wait, maybe that should be his new slogan: MNIG - Make the News Interesting Again

Pretty much this. He's extremely image conscious and the investigation itself offends him because it hurts his credibility in his eyes.

Plus there's probably stuff he wants hidden even if it's not related to this election cycle.

Personally, I don't think Trump, the individual, colluded. I can't say the same, with any confidence, for the people around him.

Why don't we also investigate if the earth is flat while we are at it?

Pretty much this. He's extremely image conscious and the investigation itself offends him because it hurts his credibility in his eyes.

Plus there's probably stuff he wants hidden even if it's not related to this election cycle.

Personally, I don't think Trump, the individual, colluded. I can't say the same, with any confidence, for the people around him.
Colluded in WHAT, though?

Here we are almost a year later, and I've yet to hear EXACTLY what the Russians did to sway this election!

You figure CA and NY would've been a tighter race had anyone meddled in the election.

Colluded in WHAT, though?

Here we are almost a year later, and I've yet to hear EXACTLY what the Russians did to sway this election!

You figure CA and NY would've been a tighter race had anyone meddled in the election.

When you say exactly, you mean down to the keystroke?

Enough rhetoric!

How did they meddle?

That's not a serious question considering we've have had 8+ months of news stories to that point. We've had Republican Congress people sanction the Russian government for meddling. And we have an ongoing investigation about whether or not the Trump team helped with the meddling.

If you're going to do this, put a little bit more effort into it. ;)

Right now, you're trying but it's like a 5 year old trying to be an adult.

That's not a serious question considering we've have had 8+ months of news stories to that point. We've had Republican Congress people sanction the Russian government for meddling. And we have an ongoing investigation about whether or not the Trump team helped with the meddling.

If you're going to do this, put a little bit more effort into it. ;)

Right now, you're trying but it's like a 5 year old trying to be an adult.
I'm asking you directly.

I don't watch the news religiously, therefore, I don't know what their "smoking gun" may be.

Clue me in...how did they meddle? Like, literally...how did they meddle? Propaganda, internet software, harassment, etc.?

How did they meddle?

If you don't know, just say you don't have a definitive answer...but don't simply dismiss a legitimate question by calling me a child.

I'm asking you directly.

I don't watch the news religiously, therefore, I don't know what their "smoking gun" may be.

Clue me in...how did they meddle? Like, literally...how did they meddle? Propaganda, internet software, harassment, etc.?

How did they meddle?

If you don't know, just say you don't have a definitive answer...but don't simply dismiss a legitimate question by calling me a child.

Well if you don't watch the news, how can you know if I'm telling you the truth (for example- I could say they send over russian agents to vote in the election and you wouldn't know)? I'm going to call you a child as long as you act like one.

This is pretty much how I feel about the situation Trump was a millionaire before being a president. Why risk all of that to collude with Russia and risk losing everything? Just doesn't make a lot of sense that he would do that.

I honestly believe in his mind, he knows he didn't do anything so he wonders why this is a 'big deal' at all....

granted, that doesn't mean the people around him weren't shady, or that he is ignorant to those people's actions. So it could just be that too

I'm asking you directly.

How did they meddle?

Hi @KONE.

isn't it obvious? trump broke the law and is doing everything he can to tarnish the investigation in hopes he can get off on a technicality

isn't it obvious? trump broke the law and is doing everything he can to tarnish the investigation in hopes he can get off on a technicality
I honestly haven't seen anything to make me believe the Trump campaign did anything real with the Russians, and they wouldn't have to if the Russians were intent on him being president.

But like I said in the OP, I think the Russians are not as much interested in who won but that the process is thrown in doubt.

That's the game they have always played with America. That's how they think. Installing leaders is American thinking.

I think we'd have seen something similar with a Clinton campaign, allegations to collusion, GOP led investigations etc.

Remember a couple of things. These allegations stem from revelations the DNC was working against Sanders. And that revelation was supposed to have swung the election.

Truth is, if anything actually did swing the election at the end, which I don't necessarily think is true, but if anything did, it was Comey reigniting the email security issue and bringing pedo Weiner into the dialogue.

I think the idea of either side actually colluding with Russia to win this election is absurd.

If the Russians had a pick, they would have acted independently. There would have been no collusion.

The real impact is making Americans question the system. That's always been what they've done.

So what is Trump really afraid will get exposed?

That's the question. Because he clearly does not like this investigation.

Back