What is Western Pennsylvania culturally?

the ambush

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Taking into account the major industry in the area would be coal mining and energy. Western Pennsylvania is a beautiful area.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.onlyinyourstate.com/pennsylvania/pa-regional-differences/amp/

Montage_Pittsburgh.jpg

Fallingwater_in_Summer.jpg

They call it Pennsyltucky for a reason. Philly is culturally distinct from the rest of PA, and shares more in common with NJ and NYC.

Are you talking city or country? Big difference

I'm currently in West Pa. There is absolutely nothing to do here unless you love to hunt and fish and grow fields of pot.

Saw gnr in Pittsburg even tho I had to travel a few miles. Used to attend every Ozzfest at StarLake for years. They only did 4 tours of it in the U.S in 2010 and Pittsburg was part of the 4. Last Ozzfest was on my birthday and I was baptized by Ozzy and at midnight my 20's were over. What a way to end that decade of my life.

But back to the rednecks. It is a beautiful state if you love outdoors but there are too many damn rednecks.

The gun laws are some of the most laxed in the north east/or the entire country which is fine by me because of the demographic rednecks who don't go shooting people, they'll just holler, swig their beer, and shoot at the bottles. Maybe 2 out of 12 men don't have a gun..whatever. I used to own a revolver but got rid of it because I drank all the time and that would fuck with the temper, all I have now are rifles to go hunting with the old man every year.

The scenery isn't that much different than upstate NY. If I had to choose between the two states it would be PA. It's less expensive and the gun laws are extremely better. I'll add that I don't like football or the Steelers and don't have that Pittsburgh accent. I can't describe it but it's annoying. People also say pop instead of soda. :)

Last edited:
Rust Belt epicenter.

The culture that skips over "y'all" and goes straight to "yins."

Best known for inbreading imo

James Carville used to say that Pennsylvania is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between.

Western PA especially Pittsburgh has a lot of hawt and nice girls. VEry down to earth, and sociable. They go to Penn State not for an education, but to find a husband to take them away from Western PA. That is another one my missed opportunities at 15 minutes of happiness. God I could have had a harem of Pittsburgh girls living with me in a Manhattan Penthouse.

And everyone wishes they were a part of the of the NOrtheast. But us real northeasterners, dont consider them as ours. Its sad really.

It is also quite mountainous. Driving west on I-80 as you near Pittsburgh, you will be driving on the edge of mountains, going through tunnels and such. All you will see are trees.

The rest of PA looks at Pittsburgh more fondly than they do of Philly though.

Back